Much Needed Talk

Divine Words

 

Author POV

“YOU’VE BEEN TALKING TO OUR MOMS?!” Taeyeon screamed out at Anubis, now that they were in a more private part of his temple.

“Tae please, allow me to explain?” He pleaded calmly.

“NO! I thought she was gone….she died and left me...us. They left us. We had to deal with the pain of moving on from the deaths of our own mothers...AND YOU have kept them a secret from us!”

“I had no choice. I wasn’t supposed to be able to communicate with them. It was supposed to be like normal, I pick them up and take them to the gates…..But I couldn’t. They didn’t want to move on.” He explained, looking into the teary-eyed faces of his children.

“Did they even ask of us…?” You asked with your fists clenched at your sides and Anubis felt his heart shatter.

“Of course…” He tried to move over and hug you, but you backed away and shook your head.

“I’m done. I need to cool off and think.” Taeyeon said as she walked out of the room, with her hands in her pockets.

“Me too.” Amber frowned darkly and glared at him before following him out, leaving you with him.

“____…..”

“No...dad. I was alone before you came….Alone….when I didn’t have to be.” You mumbled the last bit to yourself as you sulked away and left as well.

Anubis groaned loudly, sinking to the ground.

“I really screwed up this time….”

“What’s wrong my love?” A low, sweet feminine voice called out to him, and he saw the spiritual, transparent form of a young woman with long brown hair and with tanned skin smiling at him, wearing a white bathrobe.

“Nessa….I’m so sorry. I’ve lost their trust.”

“Who’s trust darling?”

“The children.”

Her form was joined by 2 other ladies, one with hair as long and black as the night, skin paler than the first, but in a simple black top and blue skinny jeans with heels, the other being in a tighter red dress, with her dyed blonde hair in a bun.

“Sienna...Ari…”

How is my little Amber? Swaying the hearts of girls again?” The black-topped lady, named Sienna asked with a sly smile.

Is Taeyeon behaving?” Ari replied with a grin.

Unfortunately girls seems our previous husband didn’t tell them that we still communicated with him, and therefore left them to grieve,” Nessa explained, which made Sienna scoff and Ari frown.

That’s mean Anubis. Even for you. I’m talking to Amber.” Sienna replied, confidence in her voice.

I’ll go clear things up with Tae. You know how hot-headed my child can be...” Ari had already started walking off in the direction of her child.

That leaves me to speak with ____...Stay here and wait for us Anubis.” Nessa gave him a sad smile before pecking his cheek.

 

Mother-Daughter Time

 

Your POV

“How could he do that to us….to me...I know Tae misses her mom and so does Amber….how could he just..” I cried to myself while leaning against a wall.

Hi, sweetie.”

At the sound of a soft and very familiar voice, my attention snapped up to the door and I saw the shimmery form of my dead mother. She looked the same way she did when she died, but I didn’t care. I jumped up and ran over to her in hopes of a hug only to go through her.

Haha, I’ve missed you too.” She smiled and I grinned at her, wiping my face dry.

“Mom..”

I see you found your way to your father easily...have you enjoyed spending time with your sisters?” She sat down against the wall where I was sitting and I joined her.

“I am, yea...And dad found me. He legitimately kidnapped me from school.” I frowned lightly thinking back on it until I heard mom start laughing.

That sounds like him, yea.” She smiled fondly as if remembering old times and I stared at her.

“Mom…why did we have to be separated? Why couldn’t we have all been a family?” I asked curiously, and she groaned.

Well, when you three were born, we tried that. Everything was fine for the first couple of months, you and your sisters were growing, but your father still had to work. Because you three are demigods, you give off a scent to other creatures and it didn’t take long for them to pinpoint our home.” She sighed and I stared at her in horror.

You were separated for your safety.” She sighed and reached her hand out to cup my cheek and I nodded in agreement before she let out another sigh.

Now, onto the main problem, you are upset that your father didn’t tell you that he was still talking to us. Correct?” She asked sternly and I blushed and nodded slowly.

Your father..as charming as he is... is bad with words and emotions. That’s where you get it from.” She laughed and was met with my stuttering as I looked away.

Oh? Your father didn’t let slip that you liked someone~” Mom smirked and I groaned deeply.

"Mommm..."

We can speak on that after you and your sisters fight this war.” She said and I sighed before getting up with a nod.

You must trust your father. He only wants what is best for you.” She continued and I nodded, and she walked with me back to the front where everyone was waiting.

“___..” Dad started but I shook my head at him and turned my attention to the ground where Taeyeon was planning out something.

“What are we doing?” I asked curiously, and Yuri grunted.

“We are trying to come up with our next move. We have three out of five pieces of Set’s medallion. We ALSO have the books of death and life. So the question is, do we continue the search to take his shadow, or do we use the books?”

“We should still get his shadow. Someone can stay and raise an army of the undead to fight with us, but we still NEED that shadow. We get it, and he will have to listen to us.” I stated and they nodded in agreement.

“Amber and I can stay to raise the dead with Lord Anubis.” Krystal nodded affirmatively and we all looked at her.

“As a child of Hathor, I can be useful in persuading them. Amber and Lord Anubis are connected to the dead, so they should be in command of them already. We can also specifically raise those with battle knowledge because when Set comes, he’s most likely bringing an army of demons with him.” She explained sternly, and Taeyeon looked at her in surprise.

“That...may actually work. The desert has claimed MANY lives. You should have sufficient souls to work with, and dad can send us onto the next mission. If you encounter any enemies, you can always use the Book of Life to steal their lives and give it to someone else.” She said seriously and there were nods of agreement while the two gods looked around, shaken to their core.

“Why...are our kids so skilled at planning war?” Geb asked curiously and Anubis looked just as confused.

“Strategy lessons,” He replied before shaking himself out of his stupor.

“Well, the next two pieces won’t be easy to retrieve.” He continued and Geb stared at him.

“Won’t be easy?! The fourth piece is guarded by a sphinx at the base of his pyramid. So they’ll have to deal with his worshippers, yes, BUT THE LAST PIECE IS AROUND HIS NECK.” Geb exploded and Anubis growled in frustration.

“You seem to suddenly care for your son’s safety, what changed that?” He glared at him and Geb growled back, his eyes burning a bright green.

“HEY! BOTH OF YOU STOP!” They turned their attention to Tao, who was glaring at them.

“We don’t have time for this! My mother is dying with every minute we waste!” He pointed to the reddening sky and the two adult gods had the audacity to look ashamed.

Anubis, open the portal for them, Geb accompany the children,” Nessa spoke in an authoritative voice and Anubis stared at my mother in shock before groaning and opening the portal.

“Oh, so you still take orders from your dead wife?” Geb smirked and was kicked through the portal by the death god.

“Be Safe.” He turned to us and we nodded, all running through, leaving Amber and Krystal behind.