Sekhmet's Training Grounds (Part 1)

Divine Words

Author POV

As soon as Anubis and his team walked out of the portal, they were met with what looked like a rainforest, but the creatures looked different.

“What is this place…are these creatures hybrids Dad?” Amber mumbled,looking around.

“This is Sekhmet’s…..Open Safari in a way. Only any creature here but her is game, and will be hunted. Only to be revived and released to go through it again the next day.” Anubis explained. 

“That's gotta ” You said, with everyone nodding in agreement. 

“More importantly we need to find that piece...Where is it” Gyuri looked at Anubis and he crossed his arms.

“Sekhmet was the first bodyguard of Rā when he fought Apophis every night. She also battled so if my guess is correct...It could be anywhere here.” He frowned.

“Well think about it….Sekhmet is the Goddess of war basically, so it's natural to think that it'd be hidden in this forest, and while looking she could easily hunt you down…...But what if it's on her? You'd be running away from it the entire time. It's the perfect setup.” Taeyeon thought out loud.

“That's ingenious Tae. You'd make an excellent strategist” Anubis smiled proudly, just as an arrow whizzed by and hit a tree. 

Anubis went over and picked up the arrow, examining it and his eyes widened in shock.

“The arrowheads are poisonous…” He looked up and gasped, catching another before it hit him.

“RUN!” Tiffany shouted and everyone broke off into a sprint, each going different directions, while Anubis stood there looking for the archer.

Your POV

You know being chased by a war goddess was NOT on my top list of ways to die….Just so you know.

“____ ! We need to put some bush between us and the archer” I heard Gyuri yell to me as I jumped over a branch.

“”Done.” I quickly got out my khopesh as I started slicing trees and leaves.

As we got further and further away, I heard feet running behind us and growled.
“Jump” I said quietly, putting my arm around her and jumping into a tree.

“What is--” Gyuri started and I quickly covered and pointed down.

“Hush…” She nodded and we quietly looked down when we heard the footsteps stop.

Below us was a young guy..probably around our age wearing black and white, holding a bow, and looking at our footprints.

“Hm.. tracts run and then immediately disappear….Prey isn’t on the ground anymore.” He started looking in the trees smirking, and his eyes were glowing red.

“Come out come out wherever you are…” He grabbed an arrow, readying his bow and scanning the trees.

Author POV

The teenage boy smirked and moved his hand to his ear, pressing a button on the gadget he was wearing.

“Serena, I have 2 of the intruders in my sight, Mother wants them captured Dead or Alive.” 

--“Alright Copy that's ...Im still hunting the others, but Mother informed me that she has a God in her sights.” --

“Understood. Yu Out” 

--”Good Luck on your hunt brother. Serena Out”--

He then looked back up, directly into the leaves you and Gyuri were hiding in.

“Enough hide and seek. Come out”

You remained still with Gyuri, hoping he was just bluffing about knowing your location. 

“Fine then.” He took up his bow again, and fired his arrow, hitting centimeters from your head. 

You looked at Gyuri and nodded, her fingers turning blue and water starting to dance at the tips, while you readied your blade. You both jumped down and he nodded while drawing 2 arrows. 

“See, Now was that so hard?” 

“Why are you doing this? You have morals dont you? As a demigod?? One of your parents had to have been human” You tried explaining and his eyes flared more.

“I am a Son of Sekhmet. A Demigod of War. My father? All he did was exploit me. And when I found my dear Mother she rescued me….And then we rescued my sister, Serena.”  He finished, tilting his head with a smile. 

“You….It was you and Sekhmet who attacked her!” You growled, feeling your hands heat up.

“____…..look at his eyes. They aren’t right… look how the flame keeps swirling around his iris.” Gyuri whispered to you, and glanced at him. 

“You're right….He's hypnotized. He's not thinking straight” You frowned, backing away from him slightly. 

“Oh well~ Enough chit chat, time to die.” He pulled the drawstring back, ready to release. 

“W-WAIT! You say your Mother rescued you….But she doesn't love you!” Gyuri started, putting her hands out and glancing towards you. You quickly nodded, flanking him slightly. 

“What lies do you speak of…” He frowned deeply,his eyes flickering between you two, but his grip relaxed a bit. 

“If your mother really loved you, would she favor your sister more than you? What kind of mother picks favorites? She waited  more than 10 years to have you? And then when she did, you were stuck with your father” Gyuri smirked as she saw his face twitch.

“You...you LIAR!” He shouted and fired at her but she dodged them easily.

You then slipped behind him, and sliced at him only for him to block it with his metal bow. While he was grappling with you, Gyuri started shooting water orbs at him, successfully freezing his right arm.

“Good now he can't shoot!” You mentally cheered, throwing him off you.

“BURN HIM! TO SNAP HIM OUT OF IT” She shouted holding his arms down. 

You quickly encased your fist in flames and touched his chest, making him scream in agony and faint.

You leaned against a tree, sighing in relief, as Gyuri rolled off onto the side of him panting.

“That…..was nerve-wrecking.” She said,getting up slowly and walking over to you.

“What do you say we do with him?” You asked her, kicking his bow and arrows away from his body.

“He should be fine when he wakes, and maybe he'll tell us info on where the piece is” She said crossing her arms. 

“Mmm...So now we wait.” You sat on the ground with her, watching his unconscious form.

10 Minutes Later

You were examining your khopesh and the hieroglyphics on it, when you heard a groan and saw his body move.

“Mm...SERENA!” He jumped up and then automatically held his head. 

“Woah there, your brain may be feeling mushy but you'll be fine as long as you dont make sudden movement like that.” Gyuri said calmly. 

Realizing he wasn't alone, he looked up quickly, instantly regretting it.

“Who..are you? Why are we in my mother’s hunting forest?” He asked confused.

“Im ___, Daughter of Anubis.” You said watching him.

“Gyuri, Daughter of Tefnut, and well, You were hunting us” Gyuri said and he frowned.

“What? ohhhh thats right. My mother made me drink something and i passed out….Now im here.” He said in deep thought. 

“Where is my sister? If I got mind controlled, so did she...Mother always spoke about how her talent went to waste” 

“We don't know, but she's probably hunting my friends and family. By the way, what's your name? I’ve met Serena already but not you.” You got up and gave him his weapons back.

“Thank you...And it's Yugyeom” He strapped his gear on and got up helping Gyuri. 

“Nice to meet you, and we need to hurry...You know ‘End of the World’? ‘Set’s Return’? In a time sensitive mission here bro.” You said, hurriedly.

“I know how to find Serena and our Mother” He said, breaking off into a sprint, into the brush.

“I hope so…” Gyuri said slowly, following him.