Washington Obelisk

Divine Words

Author POV
As the portal opened, everyone walked out into what looked like a small old  building,just a few spaces away from the massive obelisk.

“Well, that was easy.” Sun said, looking around.

“If this is the right obelisk then it shouldn't be that easy….Something should be near guarding it” Khalisi replied smartly.

“She's right. Look for the guards.” Geb said seriously. 

Everyone moved towards the windows and doors and scouted around for the security guards.

“I don't see them…just tourists.” Yuri said from the door entrance.

“Same here...I don't see a single one.” Tao replied,glancing through the window.

The teens all crouched on the ground in confusion, looking at the frowning god.

“It's impossible that they knew we arrived….Be on a lookout. No weapons yet, just try to blend in with the tourists….We need to get close.” Geb said, glancing around worriedly. 

Everyone went slightly nervous at the sight of the frantic god, but nodded nonetheless. Yuri and Jessica got up holding hands, and went out, trying to act as normal as possible, though with dust and dirt clinging to their clothes and faces, they did turn some heads. Next was Sun and Khalisi, who went out from the back, hiding in the trees. 

“If there's one way to find someone...it's to get to higher ground.” Sun said, hanging down from a branch, before pulling himself back up. 

Lastly, Tao and Taecyeon went out, taking the eastern route, and joining a tour group quickly.

“We're in position” Tao nodded to Geb, who was watching them from the building.

“Now..my turn..Where are you hiding you rats...” Geb mumbled silently to himself, while getting on his knees,placing his palms on the ground. His fingers sunk into the dirt and started to glow a faint green. 

Geb POV
Sonar time~ As long as I’m in the ground I can get a good look at who's around. 
 
“I can see you guys….What the Rā...THEY JUST APPEARED! Get outta there!! You're surrounded!”

Damn damn damn! This was a trap! He knows we're hunting the objects to defeat him. I barged out hurriedly, and saw men in suits surrounding the kids. 

“Geb what do we do?! We cant harm humans!” Yuri shouted, placing Jessica behind her.

“THEY ARENT MORTAL! ITS GLAMOUR! THEY ARE DEMONS FROM SET!” I shouted so the others could hear, and everyone came out of their hiding spot, summoning their weapons. 

“Jessica and Tao! Go get what we came here for! The rest of you, time to prove your worth as a demigod!”I shouted, and they got into fighting stances as the other 2 ran off to the obelisk. 

Yuri and Taecyeon encased their fists and feet in flames, and Yuri started flashing behind enemies while Taecyeon either body slammed them or Judo flipped them, using pure brute strength. When I looked over at Sun and his fiance, I was so amazed I almost got punched. If he bent down to dodge or punch someone, she would use his back as a platform to kick them or attack them in the air. They were in their element. Warfare. 

I snapped back into focus and continued attacking a brute while countering with the lesser demons, when I heard a crash come from inside the obelisk. 

“JESSICA!” 

“ARGHHH--TAO!!” 

I looked over at the Fire twins and saw them trying to head over to the obelisk but were pinned. 

“I’LL GET THEM! YOU 2 STAY ALIVE!”
I shouted at them, and they glanced over at me and nodded, with that i broke off into a sprint inside the giant, silver monument.

Author POV

It was dark and quiet inside, save for the random crashes and screams. 

“JESSICA! TAO!” Geb ran through the dark insides, which seemed to be way bigger on the insider as it spanned to the size of a 3 story house, with stairs moving and shifting, hieroglyphics floating in the air. 

He heard a crash and looked up to see Jessica and Tao, crashing through some stairs and heading his way. His eyes went green and in a split second, Geb created a wooden carbon copy, that caught Jessica while he grabbed Tao. 

“Father? JESS CAUGHT THE PIECE BUT LOOK OUT!” Tao said, scrambling out of his arms and running over to Jess. 

“You still have it right??” He asked and she nodded firmly.

There was a sudden screech and Geb looked up to see a giant red scorpion, jumping down after them. 

He groaned silently putting his hand out towards it.

Sa-Mir” 

The creature screeched in pain, as smoke and sparks crackled around its body, but soon evaporated.

“Dammit...Its protected by Serqet” Geb hissed. 

“What does that mean??” Jessica asked, clutching the piece.

“IT MEANS RUN! Khefa!” He shouted and Jessica left, but Tao stayed, watching Geb, try fight it off. 

A giant wooden fist appeared and hit against a wall. Tao ran over to Geb, shouting a word that made him turn to look at his son.

Heqat!” 

A black and ivory staff appeared in his hand and he readied himself, waiting for the scorpion to show itself. 

“TAO RUN!” Geb looked at him shocked, and frowned.

“I MAY NOT BE A FULL GOD, BUT I AM NO COWARD!” He shouted and Geb had to take a double-take. 

‘Had his son really matured that much in his absence?’ He had to question himself, as he stood watching the white haired teen, send black shadowy tendrils at the beast, to keep him at bay. 

“Tao keep it at bay, but we need to be by the exit….Can you do that?” Geb asked him seriously, and he glanced at him quickly before nodding.

“Piece of cake.” 

With that, Geb nodded and looked towards the creature, pulling roots up from under flooring.

“Keep it steady Tao!” He shouted and Tao swirled the tight shadow tendril around its legs and body. 

Geb looked towards the ground, and his body flashed a deep green, as the ground shook and tree roots flew out.

Tas” The roots wrapped around the legs of the animal and held it down as Geb turned back to Tao. 

“Let's go!” Geb helped Tao, stand before running back to the exit, putting his hands on the walls as 2 green hieroglyphics came up.

Sa-hei!” 

The walls started to crumble and the building shook as it started collapsing. Geb and Tao ran out just in time before it fully collapsed, and they ran out to the others. 

“TAO!!” Taecyeon came running over to him, hugging him tightly.

“We thought you wouldnt make it out! B-but i knew you would!” He smiled shyly, before letting him go. 

Geb smiles lightly at the scene, before he heard sirens in the background. 

“Guys we gotta go, come on” He said, opening up another portal, and they all ran through, just as a police officer appeared. 

“What the hell was that…… i need to lay off the coffee..” He mumbled, shaking his head. 

 


Divine Words used/Meanings: 

Sa-Mir: “Pain”

Khefa: “Fist” (summons a fist of energy) 

Heqat: Command spell to transform a rod into a staff and to summon a staff.

Tas: “Bind”

Sa-hei: “Bring Down” (used for bringing down buildings)