Five

Breaths and Pulses

Put your name in the _____ places!

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          A few blocks later, we found the rest of the guys sitting at a table, chewing down on a large pizza. I noticed Taehyung quickening his pace, either out of anger or excitement, possibly both. I followed him and saw an evil look in his eye when I stood next to him. "Why didn't any of you call me for pizza," Taehyung growled.

          "Sorry, we just got so hungry," Jungkook said, exaggerating a bit, while taking a big bite out of his slice. Taehyung snatched the slice of pepperoni pizza from his hands. He turned around to see me staring at the pizza, then he moved the stolen slice closer to my face. He pushed it forward a little, meaning I could have it. I bowed my head in gratitude and sat down in the empty seat between Hoseok and Jin. Taehyung sat across from me, next to Namjoon. Suga passed over a bottle of water and some napkins, but the napkins were for Hoseok, who just got pizza sauce all over his face that I helped clean up. Already, I'm learning how these boys function.

          "Let's open presents now! Taehyung first," Jimin shouted, pointing to Taehyung. He stood up from his chair and walked over and picked up the necklace below my collarbone. He displayed it liked Vanna White would a letter. The other boys all ooh-ed and ah-ed at the small lion head.

          "Well thanks to Jimin, I am thought to be a lion, so I thought I'd get this so she always carries me around. But I also bought this one, which she hasn't seen yet," Taehyung announced. He pulled out a small bottle, held by the chain, with the word 'Hope' inside, written in jewels. He crouched down to my level and put the necklace on me. "This is to remind you that there's always hope when it gets rough." The other guys were chanting, praising Taehyung for his clever gift, but I was awestruck. "Beat that, -a's!" As the guys laughed, I sat still, smiling though. "Who wants to top that," Taehyung announced and the others handed me their presents one by one.

          Several wonderful presents later, we all finished our pizzas. "_____, we're scheduled to practice in about thirty minutes. Want to come with us," Namjoon asked. I nodded my head, and the boys cheered. Although I had no idea what practice they were talking about, or why it was a 'scheduled' practice, I was excited to watch them. After we cleaned up our mess, getting ready to cross the street to where our car was parked, I started to feel faint. Not now, I thought to myself. I almost fell over, but luckily Jungkook and Suga were behind me and lifted me back up.

          "_____, are you okay," asked Suga. I saw Taehyung look over from the others.

          "Yeah, I just feel a bit dizzy," I understated. I don't want them to freak out, but I don't think I walk. Well this is going to be a fun trip. Jungkook called out my name from below; he was crouched down, arms out behind him. I didn't get a chance to comprehend what was going on before he grabbed my legs and lifted me up to a piggy back ride. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, trying not to choke him.

          "Why are you clutching on so tightly?"

          "I'm scared of being lifted off the ground," I replied shyly with a higher pitched tone than normal, blushing at my embarrassing fear. Jungkook laughed a little, but also made sure he was holding my legs up well enough so that I wouldn't fall. I was still holding on for dear life, but keeping my head on his shoulder so I wouldn't see the ground.

          "Don't worry, I won't let you fall," he replied. I grasped the courage to loosen my grip and look up, putting all my faith in Jungkook at the moment. The others led us out into the street when it was safe. Hoseok, Suga, Jungkook and I were the last group to cross the street and to pick a seat in the car. Hoseok's DJ position was taken by Namjoon, and Taehyung sat with Hoseok in the very back. Jimin had climbed back there with him. Suga and Jungkook were with me in the midsection. Taehyung didn't talk much during the ride, he didn't sing along as often as before to Big Bang songs, and these boys love Big Bang. I wanted to ask what was wrong, but I didn't want to make him talk about it in front of his friends. I looked down at my shoes, and caught a glimpse of the secretly bought necklace Taehyung gave me. I turned it around to examine it, since I was too busy earlier while I was collecting my other presents. This was the most meaningful present I have ever received. It's super cheesy, but it means a lot to know that he already cares about my well being. I smiled as I remembered what he said when he gave it to me. I looked back at him, and then he was smiling back at me as well. Then our eyes locked, and he must've been embarrassed because he looked away. I giggled and turned to face the front and continued singing and dancing to 'Somebody To Love,' trying to not sing too much but enough to have fun.

          We finally reached a very small building that almost looked abondoned. It was old and shabby looking. It was isolated from the rest of the buildings on its street, and no street lights lived anywhere near the 'Bangtan Studio.' By first glances of the studio, it looked quite scary; haunting almost. On the inside, however, it was bright and clean. There wasn't much color, but it had a modern interior design. This could even be someone's home.

          The boys showed me around the studio, the dressing room, the dance room, and the recording studio. Maybe they own this place, or work here? Then we entered the dance studio and Jungkook moved a couch in front of the mirrors for me to sit in. "Okay boys, let's get to work," Namjoon said and the others spread out amongst the dance floor and began to stretch out their muscles. I looked around the room and it felt like home, not the one I grew up in, but one that I've always wanted. I turned around to look at the huge mirror that covered the wall. I always wanted a huge mirror in my room, and a recording studio, and a humongous stereo for me to blast my music throughout my cozy home. I snapped out of my daze when Jimin clapped his hands, which also got the attention of the guys. Jin ran over next to me, where the stereo was, and he asked if I would play their music. I looked over at the boys as they got into a formation and Namjoon nodded his head; my que. I clicked play and an unfamilar beat played from the stereo. The voices sounded familar, almost too familar. Then I recalled what Jimin had said earlier today. "We dance too, y'know?" Then I remembered the songs Hoseok was playing in the car; it was this song. Did they write and choreograph all of this?

          I clapped after their performance and they bowed, a bit surprised by my reaction. "Why aren't you all at a company yet, you guys are really good," I stated, and then the boys started to sassily "flip their hair back."

          "If we audition, we might get split up. We only work with each other," Suga said, putting his arms around Namjoon and Taehyung's shoulders. The rest of the boys nodded in agreement.

          "_____, why don't you show us some moves," Jimin said with a slight dougie. I laughed and nodded, and then I got up and stretched a little before I started. I don't have my inhaler, so I decided to do a song that didn't take too much out of me. I learned this dance when I was in LA, right before I was diagnosed with CF. That's why this dance is considered my favorite. It's the last one I learned before I was sick. I walked over to their laptop and searched the video of the choreography. It wasn't a hip hop, but it was contemperary and like the dances I was used to learning as a kid. As I waited for the video to load, I stretched out my legs. Then I sat into my right split, then Jimin mimicked me as the other attempted to go into the splits. Then doing my left, and then my center, which still needs work. I stood up and clicked play on the video. The boys sat down patiently at the couch to observe, and I tried to forget they were there so I could enjoy it. I haven't dance in three years, so I have to enjoy this while I can.

 

          Once the song ended, I fell to the floor, on my back, smiling and panting. The boys clapped and cheered, kind of how I imagined when I was little, except the weird dying-donkey noises the boys were extracting. Taehyung stepped over me and reached his hands out to lift me up. I gave him my hands and he pulled me up a little too fast, making me stumble into him, but I backed away before I sent us falling. Jin patted my shoulder smiling, hopefully saying it was good, because I couldn't hear anything but my breaths. I looked at Taehyung, who was smiling widely, which made me smile even more.

          I sat down on the couch, still panting a little, then Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook got in a formation for their trio. Jin was the one playing the music this time, while I sat on the other end of the couch. Taehyung sat closely to my right, since they wanted to fit five people on a couch meant for three. Suddenly, I felt Taehyung's arm wrap around my shoulders, probably trying to calm my breathing, but it didn't work. I blushed, but continued to catch my breath and watch the trio.

          For the remainder of the day, I watched the boys rehearse. I don't know why they work themselves so hard. Maybe I'll find out later, but it was cool of them. I mean they worked themselves until they were drenched, but they kept dancing with a smile and going all out every time. By now, it was 7:30 at night, and they thought we should head home. We cleaned up the rooms and Namjoon made sure he locked the front door before we got in the SUV. I was the first to get in, so I could get a window seat. I wanted to see the city at night, since I haven't been able to in almost a month. Taehyung sat next to me, with a pout on his face. "I wanted a window seat," he said with puppy eyes. I laughed and stuck out my tongue playfully. He gasped and acted like he was crying, but that only made me laugh more. Hoseok then began to play Girl's Generation on the radio, and all the boys joined in, but after the first verse, most of the boys were asleep, including Taehyung. I knew he was out when he placed his head on my shoulder. I was a bit stunned, but I just let him be. 

          Jin parked the car in their drive away and had the boys make sure I got home safely, but it was only a walk across the street. I tried to get up but Taehyung was still asleep on my shoulder. I poked his head a few times before Suga pulled his arm violently. Taehyung screamed like a little girl and rubbed his arm before climbing out of the car. We went inside their house, and the boys all rushed to hide all the mess they had around the house. "I told you guys to clean this place up earlier," Hoseok shouted. I laughed as the boys ran around to put things away. Meanwhile, Hoseok grabbed my hand and asked me to help him and Jin make dinner. I helped them get out all the supplied they needed since I wasn't much of a cook. A few minutes later, the rest of the boys claimed that they cleaned up the living room and the dining area for us to eat. Hoseok looked at them with an evil glare but ignored them for now since he was still making the food.

          We all sat down together and ate the food Jin and Hoseok had made. They would tell me stories of how they started writing music, dancing, or whatever came to their mind really. Then I was left alone on the floor while everyone else went for seconds and thirds as I was almost half way done with my first bowl. They were already cleaning dishes as I was taking my last few bites, and then I joined in to help with the dishes. As it got later and darker, I felt exhausted and decided I should go back home for the night. Some of the boys pouted but I just smiled and patted their heads. We headed outside as a group because they won't allow me to go out in the dark by myself.

          Suddenly, Jimin snapped his fingers and shouted, "Huddle!" Then the boys formed a cirlce around me and told me to follow them to my house. They were like a weird, non-protective group of body guards, but it was funny to watch them act like tough guys. We reached my door and the boys departed to let me unlock the door. I turned around to say goodnight, but they all gave me a hug, one-by-one. Taehyung was last, and he looked scared to touch me. He slowly walked closer and wrapped his arms around me, as I did the same to him. I like his hugs the best, I thought to myself. One of the boys coughed and that caused Taehyung and I to let go; we must've been hugging for a while. The boys waved and I did the same, Taehyung was still next to me, with his hand on my arm. He slowly dragged his hand down my arm, like he didn't want to go or for me to leave, and I felt the same. "See you tomorrow," he whispered, and went with his friends.

          There's always tomorrow.