Eleven

Breaths and Pulses

 

Put your name in the _____ places!

Enjoy!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          It's been two weeks since Soo Jin was removed from her IVs. There wasn't a funeral for her, so we didn't see her in a casket or anything. I've already accepted the fact that this was the best thing for her, but that didn't solve my problem. They say it's selfish to cry over someone's death. You're not crying for them, you're crying for yourself; feeling sorry for yourself because they left you. I guess that's true, because I can't be sorry that she's no longer suffering. I cry to let her go. She moved on, so must I.

          This past week, the newly named Bangtan Boys stayed at their house to work on their routines. Yesterday, I signed them up for a contest. This competition was very popular to people who are interested in underground artists. I remembered Soo Jin telling me I should enter it, but I told her I shouldn't risk it. I knew this was perfect for the Bangtan Boys though. There would be several rewards handed out; best choreography, best lyrics, best showmanship, best crew, audience favorite, and a check for 1,000,000 won (almost $1,000) for the groups/soloists with the highest score. Even if they don't win any awards or money, they can get themselves noticed. It's a big start for them, and I can't even explain how excited they were to hear this. In two weeks they'll be competing in two different categories. The dance and singing portion. This also doubles their chance of an award. Right now, they're picking out the routines and songs they think they will do the best on. Then they want me to pick the final two. Luckily, I found the score sheet online; how they grade each performance. I packed it in my bag to use when I choose the ones they will be performing. Namjoon said he would call me when they have decided on a few, but instead he came to my door and dragged me inside their house. Their living room was surprisingly clean, but their rooms were a mess. Namjoon led me to his and Suga's room. "Oh, I knew we forgot to do something, Suga," Namjoon shouted, looking at the mess in the room. Suga looked around the room and shrugged it off.

          "As long as our underwear isn't all over the place," Suga answered. Taking one last look, Suga noticed something on the floor and jumped toward it to hide it. "Hyung, why didn't you tell me!" Namjoon laughed then called the rest of the boys to his room. Namjoon then turned to face me again.

          "Well we've decided on a few, but we need to go to the studio to show you. Are you free right now?" I nodded but told them I needed to get my bag before we go. I walked back to my house and gathered what I needed, along with a notebok and pen to write down anything they need to work on more. I also packed a few snacks, which I'm sure they brought as well but packed a few more just in case. I double checked my bag for my phone and inhaler, then locked up my house and joined them in their SUV.

          Once I buckled my seatbelt, I asked, "What songs did you decide on for each category?"

          "'We Are Bulletproof,' 'No More Dream,' and 'Boy in Luv' are our top picks for the dance category. For the singing category, we were thinking 'Just One Day,' 'Coffee,' or 'I Like It,'" Jungkook replied. I nodded, trying to remember each song, but honestly I didn't know the songs yet which I really need to start working on.

          Jin parked the car close to another, unfamiliar car in the small parking lot for the studio. "Other people use this studio," I asked, and the boys shook their heads. We entered the building, walking in on a small group of girls practicing. They waited until they finished their song before apologizing for trespassing and explained their reasoning. "It's fine, what are you practicing for," Jimin asked.

          "The 'Be a Star' Competition. It's in two weeks. We're really sorry again, we didn't have any other place to practice," one tall girl replied. They left after that, and then I told the boys they were entering the same competition.

          "Oh, well if they were our competition, we should be fine. We're much better," Hoseok gloated, adding a girly hairflip. We all laughed, but got to work soon after. Namjoon and Jungkook grabbed chairs, microphones and a few hats they needed for their routines. They decided to start with 'We Are Bulletproof' to get the stunts out of the way. I watched each dance carefully, making notes as it went along, and filling out the score sheet in my notebook. I waited for the boys to recover from their last dance 'Boy In Luv' before giving them my notes. After getting water, they all sat down in front of the couch where I was sitting.

          "If you guys did any of those, I'm sure you'd get an award, but we need to feel completely confident you'll get the trophy. So, 'We Are Bulletproof' had the best score. I think it'll really keep the crowd hyped up, especially with the small solo parts at the end with the stunts. Just make sure you keep the crowd going until the end. I know the dance is exhausting, but keeping your energy up is the most important thing on your score sheet. Showmanship, pretty high on the scale, but that goes along with the energy. Costume; we'll figure that out later. Synchronization; you guys got that down. Stunts/Tricks; check. Are you guys okay with that," I told them while I was going over the score sheet, and they all nodded to answer my question, still trying to catch their breath. Then we moved onto the singing portion.

          Suga set up the speakers and the microphones, while Namjoon gave me the CDs with the tracks they needed. Taehyung and Jungkook set up the chairs they needed for 'Just One Day,' and I was ready to start their music. Everyone sat in their chairs and Jungkook gave me the thumbs up and I pressed the 'play' button.

          Each time Taehyung's part came up, he'd look straight at me, possibly into my eyes, but I couldn't really tell from where I was sitting. I added points in the notebook for eyecontact with the 'judges,' but I knew there was probably more behind it than to gain points. Not only did he do that with 'Just One Day,' he did the same in the other two songs. It was cute, especially since he would through in his cheesy smiles, but I just hope he's really trying his best with the song while doing this. I gave them my thoughts after they took a water break, and we decided to go with 'Just One Day,' because of the small choreography with the song to keep the performance not so boring. After that, they practiced until late that night while I watched. They took my advice each time they rehearsed the songs, but their long rehearsal was starting to show, so they decided they'd start fresh tomorrow. We arrived at the studio around eleven this morning, and now it was a few minutes past eight. After locking up the studio, we met back at my house to 'schedule' the next practice. They said they were going to practice every day, but I didn't have to attend every one of them. I understood their reasoning, so I accepted it. Besides, I have an appointment in a few days for a check up with my doctor.

          We decided our next final rehearsal, which I have to attend, will be the day before the contest, where I will make my final judgements. "That sounds good, but what about the costumes," I asked.

          "We can handle it, _____. I'm sure we can pull something together," Jin answered, also receiving nods from the others.

          "Okay, well just keep me in the loop, guys," I responded with a slight smile.

          "Alright, well we better go get some sleep. You too, _____. We'll see you soon," Hoseok said while getting up to leave. I walked them to the door, and just as I was about to shut the door, Taehyung came running back. I opened my door once again to let him in.

          "I forgot my phone," he chuckled. I walked ahead of him and helped him look for his phone. He shut the front door and said, "Stop looking, I didn't leave my phone. I need to tell you something."

          "What is it," I asked.

          "My parents are coming on Friday to get me. I have no idea what I'm going to do. Jin was the one who picked up the phone to my parents yesterday. My parents said something on the phone which made Jin curious; he must've told the others too. Now they all are starting to question me. I know they'll understand, but they'll somehow make me stay, or hide me, or something. What should I do?"

          "I have no idea, Taehyung. They won't just take you without saying a word to your friends, would they?"

          "They'd probably say they have nothing to explain to them, but I won't leave until they do. I'm an adult, I should get to choose whether or not I come home. If they never would have abandoned me, I would've moved out by now anyway. I guess I know what my argument will be."

          "Yeah, but just be careful. I'm sure they've changed since the last time you saw them, and it could be dangerous" I said walking to the front door, assuming Taehyung had said everything that he needed tell me.

          "Are you kicking me out already," Taehyung joked, smiling. I nodded my head slowly and he pouted. "Oh come on, they're not waiting on me. Can I stay a little longer?"

          "Why? There's nothing to do here," I replied while smiling, easing away from the door. "All I usually do is work on my art stuff, watch movies, eat, and sleep."

          "Let's watch a movie then!" I sighed with a smile and walked over to my movie shelf. All of my movies were kind of old, and he's probably seen most of them. "Oh, Taehyungie, have you seen that weird robot movie with Rain?"

          "Taehyungie? Since when did you start calling me that?" I looked up at Taehyung who had his eyebrows raised, making me laugh.

          "I've just been hearing the others call you that too much. Sorry, Taehyung-sshi, have you seen-"

          "Aish, that's worse! Taehyungie is fine, I just wasn't expecting it, and no I have not seen that robot movie. Do you have it?" I shook my head after I searched through my inventory.

          "I think I gave it to Soo Jin because I knew she loved Rain," I said, lowering my voice once Soo Jin came to mind. "Uh, well maybe you should just go get some sleep. We can watch a movie another time." I made my way to the door once again, this time opening the door.

          "Oh okay, well do you remember what the movie was called," Taehyung asked while exiting through the door.

          "Yeah, I think it was 'I'm A Cyborg, But That's Okay," I replied. He nodded and waved goodbye. I acted like I closed my door, but once I saw him reach the end of my driveway, I opened the door wider. He reached his doorway and looked back at my house, and I knew I was caught. I tried to close my door quickly, but I heard him yell my name. I opened the door again, slowly, and he waved excitedly. I waved back then closed the door. After a few minutes, I heard my phone beep while I was in the kitchen. I made my way to my phone on the couch in the living room. I received a text from an unknown number that said, 'Were you making sure I made it home ok?~ XP -Taehyungie.'

          With a laugh, I replied, 'Yeah, I can't trust you by yourself :p how did you get my number? - _____.'

          'I stole it from Namjoon hyung's phone, c: -Oppa?' After reading the last word, I almost cringed, but I wasn't sure if it was out of disgust or excitement. It kept our conversation going on for a few hours until, I assumed, he fell asleep. We didn't have very many texts, since we both took a while to reply, but it felt like we had been talking all day. We didn't really even talk about much. Just whether or not he's my oppa by age, which he was but only by a few months I learned, and about what movie we'd watch we hang out next, which he wants it to be the one I was talking about with Rain. Thinking what time it was, I looked over at the clock which read 1:11.

          Where did the time go?