Thirty Four

Breaths and Pulses

Put your name in the _____ places!

Enjoy!

P.S. There are a few POV changes between _____ & Taehyung!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          Several weeks passed, and the boys weren't their usual, silly selves. Who could blame them? They were asked to leave at the biggest event of their lives. Now, the boys practiced every day, almost 14 hours at a time, non-stop. Rehearsing until they couldn't anymore. It was so heartbreaking to watch these boys push themselves so much. I tried emailing, calling, and mailing letters to the company and ask for any information on the boys' position in the process of qualification. Until today, I hadn't heard anything from the company.

          My phone rang this morning around nine. By now, I had the number that appeared on my screen memorized. I answered politely as I recognized the number, "Hello?"

          "Good morning ma'am! This is _____, correct," the man on the other end asked excitedly. I confirmed my identity and the man continued with very familiar words, "Hello! I'm a representative at Big Hit Entertainment. I understand you are the current manager of the Bangtan Boys, and you are the only person to contact regarding the boys. A while back, we had the boys come up here to perform for the head of the company. I know you all have been very eager to understand the response of the board members. So I would be happy to inform you that the Bangtan Boys have been accepted into the company. Paperwork for the boys have been in the works since they performed for us that day. Please tell the boys congratulations for me. Whenever you all have made a final decision, please call back so we may schedule a time to go over and complete the paperwork. We want to do this as soon as possible. Thank you very much, and have a good day."

          Once the phone call ended, I was in complete shock. They did it! All this time we thought they didn't make it, but in fact, they were already preparing the paperwork for them to work with Big Hit. I immediately put on some shoes and ran over across the street to tell the boys, who I assumed were still sleeping. I knocked on the door for several minutes before someone finally opened the door, but I didn't bother to see who it was. Running into all the boys' rooms, I woke up those who were still sleeping. Jumping from bed to bed, yelling in their ears, smacking them with pillows and my fists, shaking them, suffocating them which worked the best. I pulled everyone out into the living room, and even then some started to fall back asleep. "Don't make me get the pots and pans, stay awake," I yelled as I dragged out the last two boys. "Boys! Wake up, I have the best news in the universe and you have to be awake to hear it!"

          "Just tell us, or we're goin-"

          "You guys were accepted into Big Hit," I shouted, interrupting whoever was speaking.

          "If you're joking, this is really not a good one," Suga snapped, ruffling his hair and sitting up right.

          "I promise you, this is real. They called like 10 minutes ago and told me you guys were accepted and they already started on the paperwork! It's just up to you guys if you're still interested. If you're not I can just call them back and tell them-"

          "NO," all the boys screamed in unison as I started to pull out my phone. They all grabbed each other for a hug and then including me. It was so nice to see these boys smile again, genuinely. Before, you could only see them smile when they rehearsed as apart of the performance. However, now, the boys couldn't be happier. Taehyung grabbed me and kissed me as hard as he could. There was no way I was going to push him off, so I let him continue while the others celebrated with each other. After fully waking up, and celebrating, screaming, crying, laughing, and dancing, the boys started to make breakfast. Jin and I were doing most of the work while the others cleaned up an area for us to eat.

          "You'll still be our manager, right, _____," Jungkook asked from behind me, resting his chin on my shoulder. I nodded and turned around to pat his head. "Good, I don't know what we'd do without you." I hugged the maknae so tight which he returned. I was just so happy these boys finally did it. For all of the time and effort they put into this, they deserve it. They deserve to be heard and loved by the world. Now they finally have that chance.

          "Well how can she be our manager when she's going to be dancing herself," Taehyung said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and smiling at me. He must be thinking that I'm going to start dancing again. I would love to, and to perform like them, but there's no way I could get back into shape in time. I'd be almost 30 by the time I'd be back into shape.

          "Taehyungie, I don't know. Dancing takes a lot of stamina that I have to build up again. It'll be...a while before I would be able to perform," I replied. "But hey, this is about your careers, not mine. When should we schedule the signing?"

 

 

 

          Only a few days ago, I received the call about the Bangtan Boys being accepted to Big Hit Entertainment. Now, on this beautiful, bright and sunny Saturday afternoon, the boys will be looking over the paperwork the company has prepared for them. All the boys walked in together and I was going in last before I was stopped at the door by a taller, middle-aged man. "I'm sorry ma'am, the boys are the only ones allowed to be here." I was so confused. I'm their manager, why am I not allowed to go in there with them? Taehyung walked over to the door and tried to get permission to let me in, but he couldn't convince the man. "You can wait right out here, ma'am," he said, pointing to some chairs and couches out in the small waiting room before the conference room where they were. I gave Taehyung one last look before the man shut the door.

 


 

Taehyung's POV

          After the door was shut, the men on the opposite end of the table asked me to sit in the last empty chair. I slowly sat down, and then they started to go over our paperwork, page by page. I became bored within less than 45 seconds. If _____ was here, maybe I wouldn't be so bored. Hopefully the others are actually paying attention, because I'm having a hard time focusing since they just practically kicked out my girlfriend. Although she's not signing as a performer, she is our manager. She is just as important as we are to the Bangtan Boys.

          Probably an hour later, we finished the packet and the men started to go over where we will be living, things we can and cannot bring, and meeting our crew. "I have a question," Namjoon said, raising his hand slightly as if he were at school. The CEO nodded at him, allowing him to proceed. "When you say 'meet our crew,' does this include a manager too? We already have a wonderful manager, so there's no need to-"

          "The girl outside? Oh no, she won't do. She's an alright manager for underground artists, but she couldn't make it as a professional manager. As a professional, you have a million more responsibilities. She has only experienced maybe two percent of a real manager's job. I hope you all understand, but you're going to have to let her go."

          "Let her go? I can't do that. She's my-"

          "We'll get a new manager, that's fine," Namjoon said, cutting me off. The rest of the boys looked at me with sad looks in their eyes, but I could tell that they agreed with Namjoon.

          "Alright, well let's introduce everyone," the CEO said then getting up to introduce everyone including stylists, photographers, choreographers, managers, etc. I didn't really care to listen, so I just bowed about every 15 seconds. Once they released us at the end of the meet and greet, I stormed out of the room and immediately walked over to _____ and grabbed her hand. Pulling her along with me, I led her outside to meet the guys at the car.

          "Before the boys come out here and try to stop me, just know that they agreed to not let you be our manager anymore. They agreed to a 'real' manager, as the CEO called it. It's so messed up, how could they do that to you? Not even talking to you or me about it first? Those people just kicked you out like it was nothing, and-"

          "Taehyungie, stop. It's okay. I had a feeling this would happen when they wouldn't let me join you guys at the meeting. I understand. It's not like I've done this before for a company. I agreed to be your manager because I needed a job, and that's what I did. Now, the Bangtan Boys are moving on to something bigger, so I understand," _____ said, but I could hear the pain in her voice. She didn't want to leave us. She helped us get to where we are, and we wouldn't have done it without her. The rest of the boys finally came out and explained everything to _____. She smiled slightly, but I could tell she was only faking it for them. "You had to do what was best for the group, Namjoon. I know, as the leader, you want to give the group the best, and Big Hit is offering it to you. So I understand your jump for it. Well we should get going, you guys need to go celebrate as idols in training!" She tried to sound excited, but all I could hear was the pain she felt.

 


 

_____'s POV

          As disappointed as I was to be leaving as their manager, it really is best for them. However, I don't know what this means for my relationship with them, especially Taehyung. I know he was the only one to really refute Namjoon's decision, but I'm not something they should fight over. Once we got home, the boys ran inside excitedly, except for Taehyung. Before we went inside, he stepped in front of me and held my hands. "_____, I know you're not really okay with this, and I completely agree with you. Maybe we should talk to them about it," Taehyung suggested, keeping his voice low so the others wouldn't hear him.

          "No, Taehyungie, I'm fine. I'm just worried about what this means for our friendship and us. I won't get to see you guys a lot. I just don't want to be forgotten about." I looked down, avoiding his eyes because I knew I was about to cry at the thought of losing them too. "Well, hey, I'm going to go home and get some rest. Go have fun, okay?"

          "I won't have fun, _____, I want you to be in there with us, or with me at least." I shook my head and let go of his hands. I started to walk away and waved at him as I walked back to my house. As I reached my door, I heard Taehyung yell, "I love you!" I turned around and saw him still waiting outside by the door.

          "I love you too," I shouted back, then walked inside of my house, immediately shut the door, and dragged myself to my room. As I sat on my bed, I hugged one of my pillows seeking comfort. What does this mean for my friendship with the guys? What will this do for my relationship with Taehyung? I'm hoping everything will work out, but I know there's going to be a lot of change that we weren't completely expecting.

 


 

Taehyung's POV

          After we were mostly finished celebrating, I just had to talk about _____ with the guys. I had to tell them how she feels. "Hey...can we talk about what happened at the meeting?" I waited for the others to give me the okay and I continued on nervously. "I know, Namjoon, you did what you thought would be best for us, and I understand that completely. Because of this though, _____ is worried about us seeing her and maybe eventually forgetting her and possibly stop talking altogether. I know, personally, I won't do that to her. I still think we should have talked to her first before agreeing to a new manager. Maybe she wouldn't feel so hopeless."

          "Tae, look, she's not trained to do this like the people th company is offering to give us. That's why I just agreed to it. She even knows she won't really know what to do. I had to do what's best for us. It's going to be hard at first, but we'll all adjust to it. It's not just her that's scared of this. I am. I'm sure you all are too, but it's what we've always wanted, no matter who our manager is. _____ is a great friend, so no matter what, we'll just have to make it work. After today, I don't want to hear anyone say anything about _____ not being able to be our manager. We should have seen it coming. She's not signed under the company's name, so of course she wouldn't be allowed to. So let's move on. She's still our friend and apart of our lives, and that's all that matters," Namjoon snapped, and I could tell he was getting angrier the more he talked, so he ended the conversation quickly. Soon after, everyone parted ways, doing their own activities. Video games, eating, dancing, singing, however I went to my room and tried to sleep under all the noise. I didn't mean to start anything between us, I just wanted to make sure they knew what was going on in _____'s head.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! A long awaited update! I tried to make it a little longer than most chapters since it's been so long!

Anyway, I'm super excited to be back and for you all to finally get an ending(:

I will update again soon, thank you so much!