Thirty Three

Breaths and Pulses

Put your name in the _____ places!

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

_____'s POV

          Taehyung hasn't left my home since I left the hospital, but who am I to complain. He has done so much for me over the last three weeks but next week, he won't have to anymore, hopefully. Next week I will be returning to the hospital for a checkup to see if I am fully recovered. I can't even express how much I wish to do things normally again, like it was before I was diagnosed. I want to dance and sing again. But not only singing or dancing, breathing. I can finally breathe without any external assistance. Honestly, I've forgotten what it feels like to actually breathe. Maybe I'm the only one with CF that feels that way but breathing (obviously) isn't the same as before. Air isn't the same as it was. But all of that is going to change. I stared up at the ceiling, thinking about all of these changes, while Taehyung was standing in the doorway.

          "What are you thinking about so hard? You look constipated, stop it," Taehyung said, laughing. I smiled then covered my eyes with my forearm.

          "Just things that I've probably talked about for the past three weeks," I replied. He walked over to my bed and slid under the covers beside. He moved me over so I could lay my head on his chest, and I could hear his heartbeat quicken.

          "Can I ask you something," he asked, and I nodded my head. "What was in like when you were in surgery and in the coma-like state?"

          "Well, I had a dream but I assume this was during my 'coma' instead of my surgery. Anyway, I saw myself laying in a bed, not the hospital bed or my own, but a huge, white bed. I was dressed in all white, but it almost looked like I was wearing a dress of some kind. My makeup and hair was done nicely like I was going to a formal ball or something. Then Soo Jin appeared next to my side. She was telling me to wake up, that someone was waiting for me. She told me I had too much ahead me. Eventually, my eyes opened and I looked at her. Soo Jin and I smiled at each other and she said, 'He's waiting for you.' Then I woke up. I think she was talking about you, Taehyungie," I said, smiling. I felt his lips touch my head and I looked up at him, wanting to meet his lips with mine. Instead, my phone rang and we both grunted. He reached for my phone on the table and handed it to me. "Hello?"

          "Hi, is this the manager of the Bangtan Boys, uh, Ms. _____" the man asked, and then I put him on speaker so Taehyung would hear him. I confirmed my identity to let him continue. "Hi, I'm a representative of Big Hit Entertainment. Do you have a moment to speak with me?" I looked up at Taehyung to see so much excitement on his face. He kissed my head again as I agreed to speak the Big Hit representative. "Well, I was wondering if the Bangtan Boys would like to set up a meeting me to sign with the company. I discovered the boys at a contest a while back and I thought they had talent that Big Hit has been searching for. Big Hit has asked me to set up a meeting with them and to possibly set up a showcase for the CEO and producers of Big Hit. The showcase will determine if they are qualified to join the company."

          "I'm sure the boys would be honored to meet with you. When would we be able to meet with you?"

          "Sometime next week would be best, or else we'll have to wait several months," he replied. I managed to arrange our meeting after my checkup, assuming that I'll be fully recovered by then. Taehyung jumped out of my bed as I ended the call with the representative. He practically screamed in joy then danced and jumped around.

          "Go tell the guys, stop dancing like a fool, go," I shouted kicking his leg. He laughed and ran out of the door. I waited a few minutes for the boys to come rushing into my room, and when they did, Hoseok and Jimin were in tears, Jin and Jungkook were jumping in circles, Namjoon was "krumping," and Suga and Taehyung cursed in excitement. I laughed as I watched them all, but soon stopped once I felt the pain starting to come back.

          "Have we ever told you how much we love you, _____-ah," Hoseok sniffled while reaching out to give me a hug. I laughed and hugged him back, then Jimin moved Hoseok out of the way and embraced me.

          "I love you so much, I could kiss you," Jimin shouted, then everyone went quiet while Taehyung glared at him. Jimin stepped back and said, "But I won't."

          "Guys, I really had nothing to do with it. You all did this. You got yourselves noticed because of your talent," I told them and Hoseok broke down into tears, but with the cutest, high pitch whine that sounded like a little puppy.

          "Well, let's not just sit around here, let's go celebrate," Namjoon shouted while krumping his way out of the room. Taehyung started to follow them, then looked back at me.

          "It's okay, I'll be fine, go have fun," I told him. He ran back to kiss me before leaving. I really wanted to go out with them but I know I shouldn't leave; doctor's orders. All I could do was congratulate them, but it will give Taehyung a chance to be with the boys without me.

 


 

          Finally, today I can hopefully be cleared as fully recovered and get rid of this stupid oxygen tank. Taehyung couldn't come with me because he had to run some errands with the boys before their meeting with Big Hit. I walked in the main hospital building by myself and signed in at the front desk. I went through all the pictures saved onto my phone while I was waiting to be called. After going through all of the pictures I've taken with Taehyung and the boys, I came across several pictures of Soo Jin and I. I haven't looked at these since before she passed away. Then I remembered everything she was telling me in my dream. "You have so much to live for. There is someone out there waiting for you, waiting to be with you for a long time. Not only that, you can live your dream, finally. It's the reason you wanted this, right? Now wake up," she said. Once I did, and told me 'he's waiting for you,' she disappeared.

          "_____, we're ready for you," my usual nurse called. I stood up from my seat, putting my phone and thoughts away. Dragging my tank alongside, I followed the nurse to a room I would usually go into when I would leave from my long stays here. Ironically, today this room will help determine whether I ever come back for CF visits.

          The nurse had ran a few simple tests then went to get my doctor to do more tests. According to my test results,

I am fully recovered.

          The doctor cleared me of the oxygen tank, gave me a few pills then signed me out of the hospital. Well, see you hopefully never again hospital. It's been awful.

 


 

          The boys and I all drove together to Big Hit's company building. They were all dressed in nice clothes for their showcase, and I looked like I was ready for a date. I tried to do everyone's makeup in the car, not full, dark stage makeup, but just something to make their eyes stand out. Jungkook was the last to get his done because he couldn't stay still. He was too scared we would stop too roughly and I'd poke his eye. "Kookie, she never has before. Let hyung hold your hand while she-" Jimin suggested, but was interrupted by a scared maknae.

          "No one wants to hold your hand Jiminie! Stop flirting with me," he shouted, earning laughs from everyone except Jimin. Jimin roughly grabbed Jungkook's shoulder to hold him down while Suga was on the other side of him. Eventually, I got his makeup done, surprisingly without him crying it off. I sat back down in my seat, next to Taehyung and Hoseok. I held onto Taehyung's hand but his hand was almost shaking.

          "Taehyungie, are you nervous? You're kind of shaking," I whispered, holding up his hand. He laughed while nodding but looked at me with serious eyes, like he needed some cheering up. "You're going to do great. They're already interested in the Bangtan Boys, and I have a great feeling you all will be accepted."

          "Actually, that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about what happens if we're accepted. What does that mean for us, you and I? We'll have to move into a dorm, away from you. We can't go out on dates regularly anymore, and-"

          "Stop worrying about that. We'll still see each other. Besides, I know this is important to you, and I wouldn't want to be the reason you give it up," I reassured him. He smiled slightly and pecked my cheek before looking out the window. A few minutes later, we arrived at the Big Hit building and we hurried inside. We arrived about an hour early, but better than an hour late, right? The representative I spoke with on the phone let us in early since an earlier meeting had been cancelled. There were only enough seats for the boys, the CEO, and the producers, who already claimed their chairs. Taehyung let me take his seat while he stood behind me. I searched the room for another chair, and there was a stack back in the corner by the producers. I nodded my head towards them and Taehyung's eyes shot open, like he was scared to go to the 'important people side.'

          "Oh, we're very sorry about the chairs. We were only expecting the boys to come to this meeting," one of the producers said while grabbing a chair from the corner. Taehyung thanked him for the seat and placed it next to me. "Alright, let's get started," he said.

 

 


 

          I understood why the producer had said they were only expecting the boys. I didn't speak at all. I was not asked a single question. Nothing about their schedule, nor their wardrobe, makeup, or anything regarding the performances the boys have done that I scheduled and applied for. Namjoon tried to get them to speak with me about all of those things, saying I knew more about it than he did, but they didn't even bother to look at me. All they were concerned with was the performance quality, which I am watching at this very moment. The boys only performed three songs, because the producers asked them to stop after the last one. My heart sunk when they stopped. The look on their faces was so heartbreaking. They all looked so disappointed in themselves. I thought it was the best I had ever seen them perform, but they must've felt differently now.

          We were soon dismissed and we left with heavy hearts, and there was no celebration in store for us. No matter how hard I tried to cheer them up, the boys just wouldn't. Jimin was the only accepting it, saying they tried their best, which they did.

          "Yeah, well our best wasn't enough. We still need a lot of improving," Namjoon said with an annoyed tone. I have never seen these boys so sad; they're always so happy and fun, but this really must have changed them. I just hope they don't over work themselves to live up to the expectations of entertainment companies. They are perfect the way they are, and that shouldn't change.