Fifteen

Breaths and Pulses

Put your name in the _____ places!

Enjoy!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          Taehyung walked straight to his room, packing a few clothes in a small bag while the others yelled and begged for him not to go. "It's just a week, I'll be back before you know it," he said, still packing. I leaned against the door as I watched the boys argue.

          "What about the competition? It's in a few days," Jungkook shouted over the others.

          "I'll practice on my own, and if I have time, I'll come and practice with you guys, and I'll come back for the contest. It'll work out, don't worry guys," he replied. Once he finished packing, he grabbed a few last minute things and a snapback, making his way outside, putting his snapback on his head stylishly. He stopped in front of me at his bedroom door, giving me a sad smile. I can tell he doesn't want to go, but he's going for Chang Hyun, I'm sure. I completely understood, I just have a terrible feeling about his parents. What do they have up their sleeves?

          "You didn't hear everything your mother said to _____," shouted Suga. I looked at Suga with eyes that said 'don't bring that up!' Taehyung looked in my eyes, tilting his head waiting for me to explain. The most concerning, but also angry look he has ever given me. Suga explained everything in a nutshell which made it sound worse than what she actually said, but Taehyung took in every word. He looked back at me, like he wanted me to confirm it, and I did with a nod. Taehyung walked past me to the front entrance and put on his shoes. Of course that wouldn't stop him. I didn't expect it to. His brother needs him, but maybe Taehyung has something planned himself.

          "I'll talk with my mother, but I need to go for Chang Hyun. He was the one they left me with and they took him away from me. All this time I thought he was dead. Now that I know he's alive, I just want to talk with him about what happened after that day. Can I just go for a week so I can get it off my chest," Taehyung said, raising his voice in anger. I nodded when he looked at me. He didn't look at his friends, but me, like he thought I would understand but he felt bad. Like he wanted my approval, which wasn't the real approval he needed. His friends walked away, giving their permission spitefully, but I grabbed Taehyung's arm before he walked outside.

          "I just want to tell you that, honestly, I don't buy anything they've said. I want you to go for your brother, but please don't fall for their lies," I said, almost whispering. He nodded and motioned his head to the door. I smiled slightly and followed him outside. He put his small bag in the back of the car and turned back to me with open arms. I laughed and walked to him, hugging him back, more tightly than ever before. "You'll call me, right," I asked trying to hide my choking voice, and he nodded when he pulled away. Taehyung looked back at his house, not seeing his friends there, bidding him a farewell.

          "Tell them that I'm sorry," he said, and I nodded. He sat down inside the car and shut his door. A few seconds later, the car took off down the street, making a U-turn to exit the neighborhood the way they entered. I sighed and walked back inside the Bangtan Boys' house. Everyone sat around in silence, with sad looks on their faces.

          "Guys, it's okay, I dislike his parents just as much as you do, but this is something he needs to get off his shoulders. It'll be the last time he sees them, don't worry," I said, hoping to comfort them. A few minutes after that, Jimin suggested they go to the studio to practice, even though it'll be weird without Taehyung.

          The atmosphere was so awkward in the studio. Seeing them practice was weird, and they looked so out of it, almost disappointed. Most of them weren't doing it full out, but I didn't force them to. It was upsetting to see that empty space in each formation, and having no one stand out on his part. Jimin and Hoseok really worked hard to keep their attitudes up, but it didn't last very long.

          This whole week is going to be like this; weird and in a sense, lonely.