Thirty Two

Breaths and Pulses

 

Put your name in the _____ places!

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taehyung's POV

          I've been counting the hours, minutes, even seconds, but I'm probably off. It's been 17 hours, three minutes, and possibly 21 seconds since I sat in front of _____. The boys brought me some food a few hours ago, but I haven't even looked at it, let alone touched it. It smelled good though. I finally opened the little container after hearing my stomach thunder, earning a grin from the little old lady sitting a few seats over. I forgot about counting the minutes once I took my first bite. I ate every last bit of food and put away the containers. "It's about time you ate," a woman's voice said. I looked over at the voice of the old woman.

          "Oh, yeah, I've just been too worried to eat, I guess," I replied shyly.

          "Who are you waiting on, son?"

          "My girlfriend. She was in surgery for a while but she didn't wake up, so the nurse told me they'd do everything they could to wake her up." I lowered my head. A small hand was placed on my shoulder and looked up to see the woman looking at me with a smile on her face.

          "She will wake up soon. If she loves you as much as you love her, she will. I promise."

          Only a few minutes later, a heard a yell from one of the hospital rooms in _____'s direction. Frantically, a nurse came running out from the hallway. "_____ is waking up!" I jumped out of my seat and followed the nurse back into the room where I spoke with her last. Looking back, I smiled widely at the woman who I was speaking with. She nodded her head, which had me running off to _____.

          "Finally," I whispered as I saw her beautiful eyes. I ran over to her and immediately embraced her.

          "Taehyunggie, what happened? Hey! Why are you crying!? Stop it," _____ shouted as she felt one of my tears fall on her face. She then winced in pain while gripping my jacket.

          "I'm sorry," I whispered, pulling back to look at her. It was great to hear her voice, but not to see her in pain. The doctor stepped back in the room to give her some pills for the pain, and I could tell how much she needed it. Immediately, she took one as the doctor instructed. Hopefully just one would do the trick.

          "The pain should subside in about three to four weeks, until then, you should only take up to two pills a day. Rest for a few days in bed. Once the pain is gone, you will be able to breathe without your oxygen tank. For now, you'll have to keep it and your inhaler. Now, just because you had this surgery does not mean your lungs are perfectly normal. That's why you need to keep your inhaler for emergencies. Do you or your friend have any questions?"

          "Should she be exercising anytime soon," I asked, wondering if she'll be able to dance again. I know that's probably what she's really looking forward to.

          "When she is fully recovered, I would definitely recommend exercise so her body can get used to the change. We'll schedule a checkup in about a month so we can clear your recovery. Well if that's it, you're free to go, since your levels are all steady. We've been watching them for a long time now. Just be careful when you're walking. We can always get a wheelchair if it's too difficult." The doctor soon us and signed us out of the hospital. As we helped _____ stand, she grabbed onto my shoulder, almost digging her nails into my skin. I didn't complain because I knew she was in much worse pain than I. As we walked out of the room, her grip tightened on my shoulder.

          "Are you sure you can walk? We can ask for the wheelchair," I whispered to her. She shook her head and took a few more steps. I couldn't convince her to just get a wheelchair, so she had to suffer the walk outside. "I'll give you a piggyback ride if you want," I suggested, hoping that might make her more comfortable. Again, she shook her head and continued walking with my support. She's so stubborn and independent, but I know she doesn't want to feel weak. I helped her climb into her car, which had been sitting here in the parking lot since we arrived at the hospital about eighteen hours ago.

          "Taehyungie, why did you ask if I could exercise soon," she asked, holding onto her aching chest.

          "You wanted this surgery to do the things you couldn't do before. Dance is one of those things. Dance is exercise. Therefore, I asked when you'll be able to dance again. I know how much you want to perform, so I wanted to make sure you were going to be able to. Now, we're going to go home and I'll make you some food, or maybe Jin will since I can't cook, and you can rest in bed and I'll bring you whatever you want."

          "Taehyung, seriously, you don't have to stay with me, I'll be fine. You should go home with the guys," she replied, still clutching on her jacket. She has only looked at my face once since she woke up. I waited eighteen hours to look into _____ beautiful eyes and listen to her sweet voice. Finally, I grabbed her cheeks and kissed her lips softly.

          "Do you know how long I've been waiting to do that," I asked with a smile on my face. "So I can stay with you?"

          "If you insist, I can't put up much of a fight," she laughed, revealing her beautiful smile. When the boys asked me how our relationship was going, I felt happy to even think about how well we're doing. But I also thought about why I love her so much. There's so much that I love about her that I wouldn't get to finish the list in my lifetime. Then I wonder, does this mean I could be with her for the rest of my life? My list grows more and more each day.

          Is this was true love feels like?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next few chapters might be a little bit longer than most, since we're coming to an end! TT^TT

See you all soon! Annyeong <3