Eighteen

Breaths and Pulses

          The boys cheered loudly once they saw Taehyung waiting on the couch for them at home. I smiled, seeing how happy they were. Mutually, I was happy and relieved. It was weird with him not being here, but he's back and it feels so much better. Taehyung hugged each of us, one by one, me being the last. I pulled away from the hug, but he kept one arm slung on my shoulder. "Well, tell us everything," Jungkook shouted, anticipating the story. Taehyung begun, and I moved to sit with the boys on the couch to listen. He explained Chang Hyun's illness and how hard all of this was on his younger brother. It was really admirable to see how much Taehyung cared for his brother, although he hadn't spent much time with him, but anyone could tell how much he loved Chang Hyun. Taehyung expression had two meanings behind it. He was happy to be home, but his eyes were sad, more than likely for his brother. Noticing this, Jimin and Suga came over to pat him on the back. Me being right next to him, I rested my hand on his forearm, with a smile, hoping it would reassure him.

          "What did your parents say," Namjoon asked.

          "They weren't happy. Especially knowing there was a girl at home," Taehyung answered, smiling at me. "My mother lied to me when I mentioned what she had said to you. I'm sorry she was, well, a to you." I laughed hearing him say that inappropriate word. "Well if you guy don't mind, I'd like to stop talking about it. I'm still trying to process it all myself." The boys and I nodded, and Taehyung smiled slighty.

 

          About a week later

 

          "I can't believe the contest is tomorrow," shouted Hoseok, as I walked into the dance studio with the boys. Finally I had the chance to pick up the suits we ordered for the four members that needed them. Suga had brought the few he had at home, letting the members similar to his size try them on again. I gave Namjoon, Jin, Taehyung, and Jungkook the suits I had picked up for them. I left the room as the boys changed. Jungkook called me back into the room and I felt starstruck. They all looked so handsome. It looked a lot better since they all weren't wearing the exact same thing. Each one had their own twist to their suits, which really brought out their personalities. I walked over to the couch, watching the boys give their vocal performance. Each one of them gave it their all for this dress rehearsal, and it felt like the real thing. After they sang 'Just One Day,' I left the room again so they could change into the costumes for their dance performance, 'We Are Bulletproof.' They haven't showed me what they picked for costumes, so I was excited to see what they chose. The boys yelled my name from the studio; my cue to go back in. I walked in seeing some stylish, hip hop clothes that really showed off their style.

          "Wow, you guys chose some good stuff," I said, crossing my arms and nodding my head. A few of them bowed like a king, being proud of themselves. I moved to the couch once more to watch the final dress rehearsal, and it was practically perfect.

 


 

          I invited the boys over for dinner after the dress rehearsal and they ended up sleeping over. A few passed out on the couch in the living room, some in my art studio, and two on my bed with me. Those two were Taehyung and Hoseok. I don't remember them coming into my room, but I remember hearing voices in my sleep. One sounded like Taehyung, but I ignored it because I was so exhausted. I was the first to wake up in the house. Taehyung's body was next to me, while Hoseok was at the bottom of the bed, lying horizontally. I tried to get up quietly, trying not to wake the two up, although Hoseok was gripped onto my ankle. I slowly left the room and went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. After finishing my water, I went back to my room to wash up. As I walked in, I saw Taehyung sitting up, ruffling his hair with squinted eyes. "There you are, I woke up and you weren't here," he whispered, then adding a yawn after he spoke. I giggled, seeing how funny yet cute he looked in the morning.

          "I'm going to brush my teeth, do you want to wash up first," I asked. He shook his head while yawning. I walked to my bathroom, being followed by Taehyung. I started to brush my teeth while he leaned against the doorway, closing his eyes. I smiled after washing out my mouth. Trying to exit the bathroom, Taehyung blocked my way. I poked his forehead, then his face, finally resorting to tickling which really woke him up. He grabbed my wrists before I could make it worse. "Excuse me," I said, looking over his shoulder. Taehyung tried to tickle me back, but it was useless as I used my 'ninja skills' to avoid his moves. After he gave up, we walked back to my room, and Taehyung jumped on Hoseok to wake him up.

          "Hyung, the contest is in a few hours, we need to get ready! Hello," Taehyung shouted in Hoseok's ear. Hoseok twitched and almost slapped Taehyung, but he managed to dodge it. Going to the living room, I shook Jin and Jungkook to wake them. Jin was easy to wake up, but Jungkook just refused. I shook him more, and he growled in response.

          "Oh sorry, I'm really grouchy in the morning," Jungkook said once he opened his eyes, realizing it was me. I smiled slightly and helped him get up. Then I followed Jin to the studio as we woke up the remaining boys. "Hyungs, we need to get ready," Jungkook yelled, kicking each of the sleeping members.

          "Jiminie, please wake up," I sang, crouching close to Jimin, tickling him a little. He smiled and instantly woke up, smacking the ground as I tickled his sides. We all ate breakfast together. It was good to not eat breakfast alone especially with a group like these boys. They were loud and obnoxious, but they really fun too. Certainly a good alarm clock. It almost felt like a family having breakfast together. I've never really had this, as I was usually kicked out of the family meals as a kid, so it felt really nice to have this. To have these boys.

 


 

          Each boy complained as I lightly put make up on them, more on their eyes than anywhere else. "I'm just brightening your faces, calm down," I said, as I struggled to keep Suga still as I tried to put some eyeliner on him. Eventually, he stopped and let me finish. Taehyung was next, and I felt so nervous being so close to his face. I didn't even want to breathe, but I probably should otherwise I might faint.

          "We haven't been this close in a while," he whispered. I stopped applying his eyeliner, shocked by his words. He must be talking about when he kissed me. "The last time we were this close was, well nevermind," he said shyly. I blushed a little as I finished drawing on his eyes then smoking it out with eyeshadow like I did with the others. Looking at his lips, I had decided to put some chapstick on him that had a bit of a sheer in it. He puckered out his lips and I stretched out his face.

          "Just open your mouth slightly, you don't need to pucker your lips dummy," I said, and he obeyed. "Everyone's done," I shouted, once I finished on Taehyung. I immediately walked away from him, trying not to feel awkward, but it was too late for that. "You guys are on in a few minutes. I'll be in the front row, so look for me if you get nervous. You guys will slay it like always, so don't worry. Even if you don't win anything, at least you had fun and you got out there," I announced as the boys paced around nervously. I motioned everyone to come over to do our special cheer.

          "Bangtan, Bangtan, bang Bangtan," we all shouted, after joining our hands. I waved to them as I left to get a spot closest to the stage as possible. After a few performances, that weren't as good as the Bangtan Boys in my opinion, it was their time to come out. I shouted loudly for them, almost making myself lose my breath, but I managed to breathe through it. First they were doing 'We Are Bulletproof,' which was the one they felt the most confident in. Watching them was so great, and it was fun. The boys were having a lot of fun, their facials were amazing too, and it was probably the best I had ever seen them perform.

          Next was the vocal category. I didn't follow them back to the dressing room since they needed to change clothes. They had about a ten minute break before they needed to perform again. Once again, they killed it and it was amazing. Taehyung was searching the crowd and eventually found my eyes. I smiled brightly as he sang and I felt my heart racing. I don't know if it was his voice or the way he was looking at me, but I loved it. Eventually he looked away to make eye contact with the judges, but not only was my heart fluttering from Taehyung, the rest of the boys blew me away. Although Taehyung did have a lot to do with my racing heart right now.

          They have a really high chance of winning overall.