Twenty Five

Breaths and Pulses

Put your name in the _____ places!

Btw I chose that gif because J-Hope is TIP-TOEING IN HIS JORDANS GUYS xD

That's a huge thing with my friends, I'm so sorry. Enjoy the chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          I haven't seen the boys since I told them the news about opening up for Girl's Day. Taehyung told me they've been working extra hard on their new song, and it's practically finished. Namjoon says it should be done before the show and hopefully they'll perform it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch them. I've been feeling a stabbing pain in my ribcage for about two days now. I called my doctor, but of course I have to go in to get it checked out. Hoseok had invited me to their big rehearsal today, but I have to go to the hospital. This pain is unbearable. Of course, mentioning how painful it was, Taehyung was upset and worried, but I tried my best to assure him that I'd be fine. "You're going to call me afterwards right? Like as soon as you leave the room," Taehyung said through the phone.

          "Yes, I promise I will. I better get going, good luck boys," I said, then hanging up the phone. Shoving my phone back into my purse, I stepped out of the car onto the hospital's parking lot then taking out my cart and tank. After checking in, I waited in the same navy blue chair that I once carved my name into. Taehyung blew up my phone during the wait, but I felt bad that he was worrying so much.

          "_____, come on in," a nurse called as I read the last text from Taehyung. 'I have to get back to practice but I'm practicing even harder for you! Come back safely!'

          I followed the nurse into a room much further down the hallway than we usually go for any check up. They must have some new tests for me. As we walked in, I remembered that this room was where the doctors told me I had CF. They explained everything I know now about CF and the long-term effects that come with it. This room was a doctor's office and a working center where they could privately see patients with respiratory disorders. The nurse appointed me to the chair in the working center, where I once sat before; where I first saw the x-rays of my lungs. "So the pain you were feeling, where is it at," the nurse asked, collecting some supplies at the counter.

          "On my right side, in my ribcage," I answered, pointing with my hands. The nurse walked over and started to poke and massage the area, causing me to wince in pain. Once she noticed my reaction, she moved her hand away. After apologizing, she left the room to fetch the doctor, leaving me gripping onto the seat for support. Several minutes later, a doctor finally came in, ready to get to work on me.

          After doing some tests and x-rays, boring in detail, the doctor pulled out a small bottle of pills and wrote something on a small piece of paper. "I believe the pain you're feeling is just a reaction to the oxygen you've been on," he said,"Your lungs aren't used to having much oxygen in them, so they're just adjusting to the change. I'm going to prescribe some pain reliever pills that should ease the pain, but there are a few side effects: depression, sleepiness, dehydration, dizziness, etc. If any of those things happen, and continues to get worse, stop taking the pills and come back here. I'm only going to give you two months worth, so only take two if it becomes unbearable." I took the prescription from him and soon left the office.

          I sat in my car, staring at my prescription slip. Yes, I've had to take pills for CF before, but never for pain. When I first felt this new pain, I was more than frightened. Pain scares me. Pain makes everything real, and no one really understands that until it happens to them. Eventually, the pain will end, but it only made me realize this isn't something to take lightly.

          "_____-ah! How did it go? What did they say," Taehyung questioned from the other end of the phone.

          "I'm okay, it's probably just a reaction from the oxygen, but I should be fine. I have to take a few pain killers, but otherwise I'll be okay," I replied, trying not to sound worried myself.

          "Do you think you'll be okay before the concert? It's in four days."

          "I will, don't worry. Well I'm going to head home now, come by when you're done with practice, okay?"

          "Yes ma'am," Taehyung shouted then ended the phone call. Honestly, I probably wouldn't be okay for the concert, but I need to push through it. This is one of the biggest gigs for them and I have to be there to support them.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to thank you all for the subs <3 It means a lot! And sorry this chapter is a little short :c

Also RIP to EunB of Ladies Code. I love her so much, and it's so sad that's she's gone, but I hope her family is okay, and the

rest of Ladies Code. I just hope everyone will be able to get through this. <3

I'll see you all very soon! I love you! Annyeong!