Twenty One

Breaths and Pulses

Put your name in the _____ places!

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          It's been four days since I last saw Taehyung. I texted him often, and called, but he never answered me. Once, Suga had answered the phone for him. Taehyung has apparently been really quiet and alone since our visit, and they've been trying their best to convince him to stay in my life. I'm so worried he won't want to come back. I prayed it would work. I prayed someone would do me this favor and have him stay. After what happened with his brother, it's just happening all over again for him, but I'm really not leaving anytime soon. As much as I tried not to, I felt angry towards him. He knows how my parents left me because of my condition, and I couldn't express exactly how much I hated them for it, but he knew it was more than words can explain. Taehyung understands what it feels like to lose someone important to him, but he did it to me. I couldn't help but be a little angry, but overall I was sad he wasn't here. I could set aside my anger because his reasoning for leaving was understandable. Even so, I wanted him here.

          After making lunch for one, someone knocked at the door. I put down my sandwich and walked to the door, looking through the peep hole before opening it. Taehyung.

          I slowly opened the door, only sticking my head out from behind the door. "Can I come in," he asked. Still hiding behind the door, I stepped back pulling the door open wider. He stepped in and kicked off his shoes. I went back to the kitchen to finish my sandwich and Taehyung grabbed a chair and sat next to the counter. "Can I have a bite?" He cutely opened his mouth wide and I fed him a piece, trying to keep my poker face. He nodded and gave me a thumbs up. "So, the guys and I have been talking about you and how I reacted the other day." I rested my arms on the counter as I ate the last bite of my sandwich. Taehyung hesitantly took one of my hands in his. Keeping my poker face, I looked up at his eyes. His dark brown puppy eyes were sad looking down at my hand like it was that last thing he had of me. "I'm sorry for making you think I was going to leave. Honestly, when I said those things, I thought I could, but once I left, I realized how hard it was. I couldn't walk back in because I would have to say what I'm going to say today." My heart was racing like I have been running for hours on end. What the hell did he want to say? I wanted to just punch him because I was too nervous to listen to his words. "The past few days I've been thinking about what to say, and I still don't know if I'll be able to get this out clearly. You mean a lot to me, _____. I feel like I can tell you anything because you understand. You try to understand the reasoning behind everything, and it helps me see it clearer. Ever since you came back from the hospital after we moved in, my life has been nothing but good, despite hearing about my brother. I didn't want to get to know my brother if he was just going to leave in a few weeks. I knew it'd be hard on him anyway, but I'd have all of these unanswered questions if I stayed with him. I guess that's how I felt when you told me about the oxygen tank. The only thing I could think about when you explained was that you were getting sicker. My point is that it's hard for me to accept all of this because," he paused and squeezed my hand tighter as he looked up into my eyes. He nervously smiled and looked away. "Aish! Why is this so hard," he said loudly. Taehyung quickly looked back up to my eyes and leaned in, leaving a small space between our faces. I smiled once he finally decided to close the space between us. Unexpectedly, we shared a long, passionate kiss. To my surprise, the tube didn't really ruin the kiss at all, but I guess I shouldn't be worried about that right now. Unconsciously, I moved my hand to his cheek, and soon after, he moved one hand to my waist, making me jerk a little. From the way his lips moved, I could tell that made him smile. Then I pulled away first, trying to catch my breath.

          "I love you," he whispered. I looked into his eyes, trying to comprehend what just happened. Smiling, I got up from my chair and walked to the front door, meaning he should leave. "Why do you always kick me out, _____," Taehyung laughed. He sat down and slowly slipped on his shoes, taking his time.

          "So, uh, what we just did...what does that make us," I asked curiously. That kiss was...well amazing and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

          "I don't know, you tell me," he replied with a smirk. Taehyung stood up from the ground and stepped closer to me, causing me to back up into the wall. Moving in really close, I shut my eyes, hoping for the best, but then his lips were connected to my cheek. My eyes shot open when I felt his touch. Although his action didn't really answer my question, all I could feel were the butterflies in my stomach fluttering at a rapid pace. "We don't need labels, but let's just say some would label us more than friends." He laughed at his own words and rubbed the back of his neck with flushed cheeks. "I'll see you later then," he said sweetly, moving his lips to my forehead. He giggled like a small toddler and turned to the door to leave.

          Once the door was shut, I fangirled like mad a woman. Pumping my fist in the air, dancing oddly, and more. All of that to express how happy I felt, but I had stop before I lost my breath.

          Whoever granted my wish, I can't thank you enough. Not only did you bring him back, you added a little mix to the pot, and I just can't explain how happy I am. You don't realize how important someone is to you until they leave, but I was lucky to get him back. For that, I'm grateful.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey...so I finally had him confess c:

Thank you all for reading, and I love you! (: Annyeong!