Chapter 9

60 Seconds

Youkyung opened her eyes. She raised her eyebrow, looking at me with keep-your-words look. I smiled looking to her going inside bathroom.

I relieved. I went out from Youkyung's room and straightly to the dining room. My parents were having their breakfast.

"Don't you want to have breakfast, Seohyun?"

"Thanks, omma. But, I'm late. Never mind. I'm okay," I said politely with a smile.

"Why you are late?"

"Lay, he can't come today. He has something important to do."

Youkyung came after me. She sat in front of the table to take her breakfast. I looked at her with we-are-late look.

"What? I want to take my breakfast. You go ahead. I will come after you," said Youkyung, munching a cheese bread.

"No. Please eat quickly. I will wait you," I said, pulling the chair.

"Do you want anything, Seohyun?"

"Thanks, appa. But, never mind. Erm... omma, please take a care of Jin Ha. She still sleeping."

My mom nodded. I smiled.

"Seohyun, don't worry. I always take a care of her no matter what."

"I know, omma. But, she still sleeping. I'm afraid if she will cry looking for me. Well she never late. She always be the first."

"Done! Eonni, let's go. Don't worry. Omma will do her job greatly," said Youkyung, wiping , then stood and pulled my hand.

I was pulled by Youkyung. But, I managed to stop her.

"Annyeonghigaseyo, appa, omma," I said, bowing.

***

"Eonni, why Lay oppa is still not coming?"

I who was busy arranging the flowers for a reservation, carving a smile. Youkyung was sitting in front of the counter, not too far from me, throwing an empty bottle towards me.

"That was rough, Youkyung."

"Why did you smile? I'm just asking. Is it wrong?"

I smiled. I heard Youkyung chirped. She is a little bit rough. But, she has a kind heart. I understood.

"No. But, why did you ask? Do you like him?"

"Yah! Don't throw any assumption towards me! Aish... jinjja."

I laughed, still... my hand working on with the flowers.

"Eonni, I want to back home."

"Why? Do you angry? Arasso. I will tell you. He can't come because he has something important to do. Got it?"

"Oh I see. What is the something important?" asked Youkyung.

I shrugged. Again, I heard Youkyung chirped. What did she think?

"Eonni, you should know about your workers. Then you will be a good boss."

"Er... Youkyung, correction. I only have a worker and only him. Plus, I don't want to be a busybody. I'm not that type."

Youkyung sighed. I can see she babbling alone. I shook, smiling as funny with her.

"Eonni, what is his full name?"

'What? Did she fall in love or what?'

I looked at Youkyung. Her face showed she wanted to know. Her killing eyes... made me scared.

"Zhang Yi Xing. He asked to call him Lay. Anymore? Oh wait. He came from China but, he can speak Hangul. Eventhough not too fluent, but, he trying to improve himself. What else? Haa... he is good and worthy to be his friend. Anything else did I skip?"

Youkyung gaped. She grimaced, ogling me with heartless. I smiled while continuing my work. Just a little bit. I twisted the ribbon after putting the flowers inside the special bag. Done!

"Youkyung, please deliver to the address beside the phone," I said, giving to Youkyung a bouquet of flowers.

Youkyung sighed. But, she still doing her job. I can threat her with her allowance if she insists.

End of POV