Chapter 5

60 Seconds

"I just wonder where is my son, Suho."

"He will come after you, I guess."

Mrs. Park smiled then went out. Seohyun continued her work.

"Come on, Seohyun. Just a little bit. Focus!"

Seohyun twisted the purple ribbon with the pink one. She always do colour-block. She found that as interesting. She twisted more and more.

Suho went downstairs while buttoned his sleeves. He walked to the living room and noticed people there. He walked passing without any delay. He worried if his mom will scold him out.

Seohyun noticed someone walked passing the living room. She could only see from the back.

"Huh? Mrs. Park's son, I guess. Erm... smart. Oh no! Mr. B, focus!"

"Seohyun, have you done your work?"

Seohyun was shocked. She looked at Lay, who was rubbing his eyes.

Seohyun looked around her. Done? Yes! Done!

"Let's go home, Lay. I'm done!" exclaimed Seohyun, excited.

Lay stood, twisted his back, to the left and to the right, the sound of his bones... crack~ Creepy. Noticing Seohyun was staring at him, he quickly settling his part. As usual, cleaning and packaging.

"Done! Seohyun, have you cleaned the living room?"

"Of course! You made it too," said Seohyun. Lay grinned. "Lay, Mrs. Park has invited us to party she held tonight."

"So?"

"Do you want to go?"

"Don't you want?" asked Lay. Seohyun clenched her lips then shook slowly. "Never mind. We both will not go."

Seohyun smiled. She took out her 'saviour' from her bag.

"What you want to do with the notebook?"

"I want to leave a note for Mrs. Park. It is improper if we leave without she knows nothing."

Done! Seohyun tore a piece of her handwriting. She put on a table, under a tissue box.

Dear Mrs. Park,
Thanks for the invitation. But, we both can't come.
Thanks for everything by the way. Erm... you may make payment later :D
Love, Seohyun.

***

Seohyun

"Seohyun, let's have a drink."

I inserted the key into the lock. I twisted and it locked. I'm satisfied with the condition of my shop.

I glanced my watch. I clenched my lips. Then I looked at Lay, carving a smile, hoping that he could understand.

"I don't understand."

I sighed. I looked into Lay's eyes. Seriously, I found hard to look into someone's eyes. But, I don't know why with him... just not hard. Really? Seriously, I don't know.

"First of all, I appreciate with your invitation. But, I could not make it. I have to go back home now. I know it is still early. But, you have no idea with my situation. So sorry," I said.

"Please, Seohyun. Why? We are rarely go out together. Well you have no child at home to worry about until you have to go back home as soon as possible right?"

I coughed. My face has no blood! I tried to smile, looking at Lay with a wide eyes. That was a trap question that could kill me.

"You are right. But, as a , it is not nice to go back home late because neighbours will make assumption."

"Seriously? You are right. I have no idea with your situation. But, do you know because of what? You!"

I felt really down. Lay turned his back to me and walked slowly leaving me behind. What should I do? Maybe he has something to let me know, I thought.

"Lay, wait!"