Chapter 19

60 Seconds

I opened my closet. All the clothes were hanging neatly, beautifully. Without any delay, I took a pale blue shirt and threw on my body. I looked at my reflection from a huge standing mirror. Ah, perfect!
After everything has done, I went downstairs. On the way, I bumped with Dasom. Her face was plastered with sadness. Oh, how awful!
"Dasom-ah, are you okay?"
She nodded, not looking at me. I held her hand. Then she looked at me. Her eyes were glistening with tears.
"If you are okay, then why are you about to cry?"
"Oppa, what do you think about secret?" she asked me back, innocently.
"Secret?" I asked back. She nodded. "Something that we have to hide, maybe. Why? Do you have a secret that I didn't know?"
She shook, carving a smile, a pale smile. I touched her cheek with my palm. She seemed to be happy.
"Then I have nothing to let you know since I really can't. I'm sorry," she said.
"So you do hide a secret?"
"Secret is something that we have to hide. So I have to hide it as well as I could," she said then walked away.
I was distracted. What was wrong with her? Doubtless, I continued my steps to the living room.
"Good morning, omma."
My mom was watching television. She turned back, looking at me with a weird look. I carved a smile.
"Where are you going?"
"Office," I answered, smiling.
She gaped. I went to her, closing . She looked into my eyes.
"Please tell me that you didn't mean what you have answered."
"It is true, omma. Then why? Am I not fix to be at the office?"
"No, it is not like that. But, are you kidding me? No, Suho-ah. You can't. I forbid you."
I stared at her. Then I held her hands.
"Please allow me. I know I'm not perfect but, you don't have to worry, omma. I know what I'm going to do," I said deeply, persuading her.
She seemed to not gave in. I pouted, showing my protest. She knew I have never been like that. She stood and held my shoulders.
"Joah. Joah, Suho-ah," she said, at last.
I was so happy. I kissed her cheek and left her to the door.
"Yah! Would you like to have your breakfast?"
I turned back, smiling. Then I shook. I gave her a wink and walked out to the car and ready to go to the office. All I need is fighting!

***

Finally, I have reached at my dad's company. As far as I know, I have never been here. But, I was not sure. Who knows before I got involved in the accident, I'm used to be here.
As I went out from the elevator, all eyes were looking at me. Coincidentally, all of them were out from a room near the elevator. Maybe they just have finished their meeting. And maybe they were thinking I came here to apply a job. Well never mind. I bowed to them to show them my respect.
I walked as usual. My main place is my dad's suite. I tried to find by myself without asking any help. I was not demanding. But, I want to work by my own effort. Finally, I found his suite.
"May I help you?"
I stopped. I looked to my left. There was a woman standing with a smile. I carved a smile too. I forgot that my dad has a secretary which was a woman. For not being rude, I went to her.
"My name is Kim Joon Myeon. But, you may call me Suho. Actually, I came here to meet President Kim. May I?"
"Did you make an appointment?"
I shook. If you want to meet an important person, you have to make an appointment. I knew that. But, I don't think I have to. Apparently, she didn't know me.
"In that case, you can't meet him. I'm sorry. You have to make an appointment only then you can meet him."
"Er, I'm sorry," I said while looking at a platinum on her table. "Ms. Oh, may I ask you something?"
She nodded. I smiled.
"How long since you were starting working here?"
She looked mystified. I can see she was hesitated.
"Almost five years, I guess."
"Oh, really?"
She nodded. If in that case, I have never been here. She has working here for almost five years. I got involved in the accident was two years ago. Technically, I have never been here.
"Erm, Ms. Oh, it is not nice for me to make you feel weird of me. Let me be honest. Actually, I'm the heir of this company," I said.
She widened her eyes. I tell you, she was very shocked. She bowed to me. I bowed back.
"No wonder," she said in a slow tone. But, I could hear that. I smiled. "Chosonghaeyo. Then you may go in without any appointment," she continued, adding a smile.
I nodded. Then I bowed again and left her to my dad's suite.
"Appa," I called gently.
He lifted his head. I tell you, he was too focus doing his work just now. He carved a smile on his surprise look.
"What a surprise!" he exclaimed.
"Haha... surprise!" I exclaimed too while pulling a chair at his table.
"So what makes you here? How can you be here?"
"Apparently, I want to work with you. It is quite hopeless to be a jobless person. Well appa, I have your namecard. I kept it. Then I used it to come here."
He laughed. I carved a smile, looking around his suite.
"So what position do you want?"
I went silent. I don't know. Even I'm the heir of his company, I can't be demanding.
"Anything, appa. I don't mind," I said, at last, cheerfully.
"Anything? Then what about a cleaner?"
I burst out. He did so.
"Why not? A handsome cleaner," I demanded.
"Positive. I like that. Well seriously, I have a mind about this. I knew this will going to happen. So I have decided to let you be a Marketing Manager. You have studied about it before. I know you can do it."
"Are you sure? But, I don't remember," I said.
"Don't worry. You have so many expert workers with you. Then I trust you," he said, doubtless.
I took a deep breath. Wow! A big position, indeed. I have to be serious after this. I can't futile the trust on me.