Chapter 21

60 Seconds

Lay went out from his house with a cup of coffee. He hopes coffee will work on his problem. He sat on a bench in front of his house. The place he could stay near the  dark sky. Basically, he lived in a house on a rooftop. He found peace there.
He took a sip from the coffee. Then he released a big sigh. He could feel the soft night breeze. He stared at the queen of the night, surrounded by thousands of glittering diamonds in the sky.
"Ah, I wish I can be like you."
His heart was so hurt. He was really never felt that hurt. The pain was really deep. His heart was scratched by a blade. And the blade was Seohyun. He cried.
He never felt like that. He never put blame to people. He can't. Really can't. Furthermore, he has no heart to do that. That showed how kind he was.
In his deep heart, he felt hurt by her words. But, that does not mean he hates her. He can't. Never. Forever. Seriously, he can't believe she would do that to him. He never knew his fault.
'Who are you to estimate my appreciation towards our friendship? You are nobody. REALLY NOBODY.'
'I'm not... g-going...'
He screamed. He let out what was in his heart. Anger, depressed, sadness and many more.
Seohyun hugged herself tightly after hearing Lay was screaming. She was at his back with 5 metres distance. She knew he was depressed. Her pool eyes were starting to glisten with tears.
"Why did you do this to me? Do you know I was hurt?"
"Yes, I know. And I'm sorry for that."
Lay widened his eyes. He was very shocked. Slowly, he turned his head to the back. His body was trembling. He can't breath properly.
"Seo..."
"Seo Joo Hyun," said Seohyun while walking to Lay. She sat next to him. "I know I was cruel to you. I know you were hurt because of me," she continued with tears.
Lay can't hide his tears. He cried as well. Slowly, his pain was going to leave him immediately after Seohyun came to him.
"Lay-ah, you may cry on my shoulder."
"Seohyun-ah, why did you do this to me?" he asked, pulling Seohyun in his warm hug. "Eventhough, I don't hate you. I can't," he continued.
Seohyun put her hands around Lay's waist. She cried on his shoulder. Her body was trembling.
'Ah, I know. Then I think he will not do that. He loves his work. And I think he feels guilty whether to leave you or stay. Akassi, remember. He is so worthy. Don't let him down.'
She was overflowing. Her heart was so hurt. She was cruel to herself. And she even cruel towards Lay. She gritted her teeth.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. That is all I can say. I'm sorry."
Lay released his hug. He looked at Seohyun. Then he wiped away her tears. His pain would comeback if he sees the situation.
"No more sorry. I don't want to listen them. I have forgive you," he said, sincerely.

***

Seohyun walked inside the house. She was very tired. Really. She decided to meet Lay because she does not want him to hate her. To make sure, that was why she met him. Plus, she does not want to prolong the situation.
She saw Youkyung was in the living room, alone. There were no my parents and Jinha.
"Where is Jinha?"
Youkyung looked at Seohyun. Then she stared from the top to the bottom. She was so scary like an Inspector.
"Where were you?" she asked, curiously. "She has gone to bed, by the way," she added.
"Oh," replied Seohyun then walked away.
"Where were you?" yelled Youkyung.
Seohyun stopped. Then she turned back. She looked at Youkyung who was staring at the television. She tried to be strong. She carved a smile.
"I'm..."
"Do you know she cried for you? Do you know?"
"I'm sorry. I have a lot of works to be settled. I'm sorry."
"Sorry? Is that your taboo words? You only know how to say sorry. But, I know you have a lot of problems. Instead of not going to tell, you always say sorry. You always try to find your own way."
"No, I don't have any problem."
"Liar!" yelled Youkyung, standing on her feet while staring sharply at Seohyun. "If you don't, you will not come home late. I know you, eonni."
Seohyun clenched her lips as well her fists. She was not angry but, to hold her afraid in, she was like that.
"I have... met... Kim... Joon Myeon," she stammered then walked away to her room.
Youkyung was shocked. Her body was trembling. She sat on the couch. She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. She was so angry. Plus, she can't bear to see Seohyun in that condition. She just... can't.