Chapter 32

60 Seconds

I walked to Flowers Heaven. I went to work. Along the way, I gathered my spirit. Actually, it was really hard. I can't describe anything. I was really shocked and still can't forget about last night.

I stopped in front of the shop. I stood steadily, clenching my fists. Slowly, I took a deep breath. Then I nodded. I stepped inside the shop with a vibrant soul.

As I got inside the shop, I saw Seohyun was busy at the counter. She was busy with calculations, I thought. But, I can't resist myself from avoiding to ask her the truth. After all, I felt so guilty. No, I have to do it. Slowly, I strolled to the counter.

"Good morning."

She lifted her head. I carved a thin smile. She did so.

"Are you okay? You look pale," she said concernly.

"Oh, really?"

She nodded. I let out a long breath, smiling. Seriously, my heart was shaking. To tell you what, I was so afraid. Seriosuly.

"Seohyun-ah," I called gently. She smiled. "Er, did you... hide something... from me? I mean, a secret."

She frowned. Then she laughed. I clenched my lips. I was weird with her. I can't get what does she mean. I waited for her response.

"Are you kidding me? Did I hide something from you? Seriously?"

I made face. What was wrong with her? I looked at her mystified. Noticing that, she carved a little smile. I didn't see she was hesitated. Really.

"I'm sorry. To tell you what, I didn't hide anything from you. Well listen. I have nothing to hide for. Furthermore, why would I? Tell me."

"Are you sure? Now, listen to me. I can't accept lie. I hope you can understand that," I said, staring at her.

All of a sudden, her face changed. I noticed that. She really can't hide anything. I looked into her eyes. She ran away her eyes.

"I... d-didn't," she stammered.

"Even about your own daughter?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

She widened her eyes. She was really shocked. Really. And she was not pretending. I can see that. I waited for her explanation patiently.

"E-eotteohke... arasseo?" she asked me back, stammering.

"So I was true?" I yelled.

Without any hint, her tears flowed down on her cheeks. I went closer to her, grasping her hand. Yes, I was angry.

"Please tell me the truth if I'm... still your friend."

She was overflowing. She looked at me sadly. What should I react? I can't look at her face. I was annoyed. Slowly, I released her hand. It was so worthless for me. Without any delay, I walked out from the shop. I left her alone. Yes, I was angry. And I really should.

 

***

 

Seohyun

 

I was so depressed. I can't take it anymore. It was really hard for me. I can't bear it alone. I was suffered my soul, everyone's soul. And it was so unfair to me.

"Eonni, just patient. I know you are not this fragile."

I looked at Youkyung. Then I hugged her. I cried. Yes, I cried so bad. My sheet was all wet. Now, I'm going to wet her cloth.

"Eonni, you have to be strong. You should fight for Jinha. She needs you. Please don't be like this," she said gracefully, persuading me.

I released her. I noticed that she has changed a little. Even it was not much, I was glad. Slowly, I held her hand.

"Thanks. Seriously, you are my understanding sister. I love you," I said, trying to carve a smile.

Her pool eyes were glistening with tears. She smiled. I did so. After a while, she dragged me to her chest. I closed my eyes.

"Then you have to be strong. Eonni, I don't like to see you cry."

"Youkyung-ah, I'm sorry. Really sorry," I said. She my hair. "But, I'm afraid. I'm afraid because I have lied," I continued with tears that have been continued.

"Eonni, you don't have to worry. Sometimes, we have to lie. But, we have our own reason. And I think people can't blame another without thinking," she said. "And so with you. You had to. You really had to. So you don't have to worry."

All of a sudden, I felt something has fallen onto my cheek. I knew what was that. I was touched. Really.