Chapter 37

60 Seconds

Suho

 

I opened the door for Seohyun. Now, we are in front of her house. I carved a smile.

She went out from the car with a smile too. Her flawless smile that came from her lips. The lips that once being twisted with mine, as far as I know. That moment. I can't forget. Really.

I closed the door. Then I leaned against it. She was still with a smile plastered on her face.

"It has been so long, right?"

She nodded. I did so, smiling. Seriously, I felt a bit awkward. Ah, why didn't I text or call her? That should be easy.

"Suho-ah, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Omma!"

I was shocked. She was too. She turned back and lifted the little girl on her arms. I frowned.

"What is this?" I asked curiously.

She was kissing the little girl. They were so closed. I was weird. She didn't tell me anything about that girl.

"Omma, who is this?"

"O-omma? Seohyun-ah," I called gently. "Do you have an explanation about this?"

She looked at me with a gloom face. She was happy just now. But, she changed immediately. I was distracted.

"Suho-ah, I can explain about this."

"Seohyun-ah, get in the car. Get in the car with that girl. Get in now. NOW!" I yelled, pressing the last word.

 

***

 

Seohyun

 

I Jinha's hair while she was eating an ice cream on my lap. I very gently. I don't want her to be afraid.

Suho was standing in front of us, crossing his arms. I lifted up my head, looking into his eyes. He stared at me. I was scared. I ran away my eyes.

"Explain, please."

I let out a breath. Slowly, I looked at him. His eyes were scary. Yet, his face. Maybe he does not like to be fooled. I didn't mean. If only he could understand me.

"Her name is Kim Jin Ha. She is your daughter," I said in a slow tone.

He chirped. Then he chuckled. I was so sad to hear that. Seriously, he could not believe that.

"I'm telling the truth."

"Seohyun-ah, enough all of that. Is that easy you want me to believe you? You did tell me that you didn't pregnant. So what do you expect from me?"

My pool eyes were glistening with tears. I felt so hurt. Yes, it was my fault. I did tell him like that. Yes, I was fault. Really fault. But, I didn't expect this to happen. If possible, I don't want him to know at all. Forever.

"I know I was wrong. I did tell you like that because I can't tell you yet. And actually, it never crossed my mind to tell you."

"So are you going to hide it from me and makes me look stupid? You know what? I was really disappointed. If you tell me the truth, this day will not be hard," he said.

"I'm sorry," I said with tears.

He covered his face. I know he was hurt. My heart was scattered. I was overflowing. Jinha looked at me and wiped away my tears.

"Omma, please don't cry."

I dragged her to my chest. I kissed her hair. She was just a little girl who was really understanding, indeed. Suho looked at me. His face changed.

"Suho-ah, I'm sorry," I begged. "I swear she is your daughter. Please trust me!"

He drew closer and sat next to me. He took Jinha and put her on his lap. I blinked my eyes repeatedly. I was shocked.

"I believe you," he said. "But, why did you lie? I just... don't understand."

"I'm s-sorry. I... had to."

"Please don't lie or hide anything anymore after this."

I nodded. He held my hand tightly. I was relieved. But, I was still hurt. And he will even more hurts if he knows the real situation.

"Appa," Jinha called gently.

Suho looked at me with a smile. He was happy to hear that. Me too but, I felt a bit hurt.

'I'm sorry. I have one thing that I have no heart to tell you. I don't mean to lie. Just believe me. I'm sorry.'