Chapter 27

60 Seconds

Seohyun

I felt so nervous. I was waiting for Suho. He did ask me to go out. He set the place, Cube Cafe. I went there straightly without any hesitation. While I was waiting, I have ordered two cups of coffee for both of us. I smiled.
I looked at what I was wearing. I wore a stripes shirt with a floaty chiffon skirt. I really hope my appearance will make him remember of me.
I gazed at the entrance cafe. If people come here to see their idols going inside the cafe, that would not be me. I only wait for one person. But, he does not show up yet. Suddenly, I saw he came in the cafe with a sunglasses was covering his eyes. I stood up with a smile.
As he saw me, he came towards me. Then he took off his sunglasses and looked at me. I bowed my head.
"Have a seat."
He nodded. Then we both sat. I looked at him but, his face was not cheerful. I was a bit disappointed. But, I carved a smile.
"Is this coffee?" he asked, looking in the cup in front of him. Then he looked at me. I nodded. "I don't like coffee."
I gaped. I was like getting hit by something hard. My breath was unsteady. My heart was overflowing. But, I have to be strong.
"But, this is your favorite, Suho-ssi."
"Oh, jinjja? But, you didn't tell me about it," he mocked.
"Do I have to tell you such that thing? You should know your favorite," I said, protecting myself from being hurt.
He chirped. I lowered my head. Seriously, I was so overflowing. I can't bear it anymore. I was really hurt. The pain was deep.
"People change, Seohyun-ssi. How would I know if I don't like it anymore?"
I nodded. Yes, he was true. I can't deny anything about it. Yes, he has his own right. I can't say he was wrong. Slowly, I lifted up my head.
"Suho-ssi, why do you want to meet me?"
"Oh, let me be frank. Actually, I want to know about the next thing. Er, I mean, what happened after that night?"
I was startled. I could hear the thumping of my heart, getting quicker than ever. I clenched my fists. What does he want? Should I tell him the truth? No, not yet. I can't. It will be a big problem if I let him know the whole thing.
"Er, you and I were happy until one day you became solemn to me," I said.
"Because of what?"
"Er, I'm sorry, Suho-ssi. If I know, I will not hesitate to tell you. But, to tell you the truth, I really don't know. I did ask you but, you refused to answer me," I paused. My pool eyes were glistening with tears. "After two weeks if I'm not mistaken, you didn't come to school."
He let out a long breath. Yes, it was hard for him to accept. But, it was more harder for me to tell him, remembering the past. It was hurt. Really hurt. I was pain.
"Where did I go? Didn't you ask anyone?"
"I don't know, Suho-ssi. Yes, I did. But, nobody knew. I waited for you... for years, Suho-ssi. Te let you know, it has been five years since you left me," I said with tears.
He looked at me. I replied. All of a sudden, he held my hand. I was shocked. I never thought he would do that.
"I'm really... really sorry. Although I can't remember about that, I'm really... really sorry," he said in a peace tone.
I was touched. I can't bear the overflowing of my heart. My tears kept flowing down on my cheeks. I was really touched.

***

As I got back home, I didn't think anything else. I was so tired. I didn't think to shower in order to make my body fresh. What was in my mind just my comfy bed.
As I got inside my room, I was shocked to see Youkyuung was on my bed with Jinha was sleeping next to her.
"Where did you go, eonni?"
"I met Kim Joon Myeon," I answered, strolling to the bed.
"A.k.a Suho oppa, right?"
I frowned. As far as I know, I didn't tell her much about Suho. I was distracted.
"I know you are weird, eonni. Do you want to know how did I know?" she asked, fixing her body's condition. I nodded. "Kim Da Som, his younger sister. She told me everything."
I gaped. I was really shocked. I didn't know he has a sister. So I have went to his house. Mrs. Park, his mom. Ah, it was hard. I tilted my head. I got a headache. It was thrilling me.
"Eonni, do you know why didi he lose his memory?"
"Youkyung-ah, just tell me. I can't think anymore right now," I said, massaging my head.
"Joah, eonni," she replied. "I don't want to make you said but, he did lose his memory because of an accident two years ago."
I was overflowing. I tilted my head. Ah, it was hard. I wish I could not hear all of that.
I took out my phone from my bag. I have no choice. I typed a message to Suho. Without I realizing, my tears flowed down on my cheeks.

Suho-ssi, I want to meet you tomorrow. Let's meet
at Han River.

The message was sent. Shivering, I laid down on the bed and cried myself to sleep.