Chapter 28

60 Seconds

To wake up early and to be in the midst of the dead silence and calmness of nature at Han River is an exhilarating and rewarding experience. It was a fine cool morning and the gentle morning breeze enlivened our souls. Only the occasional barkings of the dogs, the chirpings, the twitterings and the flutterings of the early birds broke the tranquil silence of the world.

Yes, I was in peace. Even I was in a mixed feeling, I still can wake up easily to reach early here. Although my heart was hurt, I was in pain and had to face many things that I don't know yet, I must show my strength. I can't show that I was not strong.

'I'm really... really sorry. Although I can't remember about that, I'm really... really sorry.'

I was relieved. Yes, at first, Suho seemed snobbish, like his high school's personality. But, he was totally different. Really different. He was a kind person. Yet, he was cheerful. Maybe he was just shocked because of me. But, he seemed fine after that. I carved a smile.

"Seohyun-ssi."

I took a deep breath. All of a sudden, I felt so nervous. I could hear the thumping of my heart, getting quicker than ever. Slowly, I turned back. I carved a smile.

"Suho-ssi, you come," I said, happily.

"Yes," he replied, smiling. "I will try to come if I'm still alive," he added.

I smiled while closing my eyes tightly. Then I looked at him. I was shocked. He was standing closer in front of me.

"Suho-ssi, I have knew why did you lose your memory."

"Jinjja? I'm sorry, Seohyun-ssi."

"Why did you say sorry?" I asked curiously.

He stared at me. Then he touched my cheek with his palm. I tilted my head while closing my eyes. Without I realizing, my tears flowed down on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry because I was involved in the accident. I should say sorry to you many times. I should. Really should."

I opened my eyes. He took away his hand. I quickly grasped his hands. I stared into his eyes.

"You can't say like that. It was your destiny, Suho-ssi. And so for me. My destiny is to meet you who didn't remember me at all," I said gracefully. He nodded. "It was destined for us, Suho-ssi. And you have to accept that," I added.

He dragged me into his embrace. I was shocked but, to tell you what, I was very happy. I put my hands around his back.

"I really hope that I can be friendly with you," I whispered.

"Then let's not be formal. Let's do it."

I carved a smile. That was enough, indeed.

 

***

 

Lay

 

I pondered in the piano class. I can't get focus. My heart was getting hurt again. Seriously, I was really hurt.

Today, I don't get to work. Well Seohyun was busy. I tried to understand her. But, she has gone far from me. That what was I saw. She was no longer with me. And it was pain.

"Lay-ssi."

I was startled. I tilted my head around to find the voice. Then I found. It was Mr. Yoo. I stood then walked towards him.

"Yes, Mr. Yoo. Is there anything that I can help you?"

"I want to see you play the piano. I want to see your improvement."

I nodded. He stood up on his feet. I sat at his palce. I played what have I learnt. But, I was disorganized them. I let out a big sigh. But, I tried to do well.

"Enough, Lay-ssi. That was enough," he said firmly.

I stopped. He crossed his arms. I stood up and lowered my head. I felt so terrible. I was embarrassed myself.

"Chosonghaeyo, Mr. Yoo," I said, as that only I could say.

"I think you should go home and get a rest. You were so in trouble," he said.

Although I was disappointed, I just nodded to him. He said like that because he was concern. As I bowed to him, I went straightly to my house. Seriously, I need a rest.