Chapter 30

60 Seconds

Suho went out from his car. He saw Seohyun was locking a padlock. She has closed her shop. He went to her who was with Lay.

"Annyeonghaseyo."

Seohyun was shocked. She smiled. Then she looked at Lay. He smiled to her.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Ah, long time no see."

"Yes, you are right. I was quite busy."

"Well you work in an office."

Suho laughed. Then he looked at Seohyun, staring from the top to the bottom. He made she felt awkward.

"Er, actually, I want to ask you to go out with me," he said.

"Me?" Lay asked shockly.

"Oh, anieo. I'm sorry. Really sorry. I mean, Seohyun-ah, will you?"

Seohyun widened her eyes. She does not expect this. Really. Slowly, she turned her head to look at Lay. She was stuck in the middle. She does not want this to happen. Shrugging, she looked at Suho.

"Actually, I..."

"Ah, just go. Seohyun-ah, just go. I don't mind."

Her eyebrows joined together. She felt so weird. She was even weird when looked at Lay. He was smiling to her. She can't think properly. She was really suffered to endure the agony. All the things just made her got a headache. Really.

 

***

 

It was a beautiful park, indeed. The park was a kaleidoscope of colours as pink, yellow and orange flowers dance gracefully in the breeze.

"Seohyun-ah, ice cream."

Seohyun took the ice cream from Suho. She didn't ask him to buy. She really didn't. But, he just insisted to buy. Seriously, she felt he was so gentleman. Slowly, she ate the ice cream.

"Don't you mind if I ask you something?"

"Yes. What is it?"

Suho took a deep breath. He gathered his strength. Yes, he tried to arrange his words. He can't make Seohyun feels sad. He knew she has endured the agony by herself. He really knew that.

"This is maybe too far. But, I have to ask you. This is important," he stopped. "Seohyun-ah, after that night, well we did the thing, did you... pregnant? Maybe after I left you, you got the result. I was wondering. By the way, did you?"

Seohyun threw away her gaze to the surroundings. Her body was trembling. Her heart was shaking. She could feel the thumping of her heart, getting quicker than ever.

"Seohyun-ah."

She looked at Suho. She can't get through. But, she can't tell the truth. She was afraid.

"Ah, no, I didn't."

"Seriously?"

She nodded. Then she ate the ice cream. But, it was so hard for her to swallow it. And the taste was mixed. The ice cream was tasteless for her. Seriously, she was afraid.