Chapter 39

60 Seconds

In the cold night, I decided to go to Lay's house. I went there using my dad's car. I don't have my own car. And actually, I felt uneasy about Lay. After I closed the shop, I did ask him to go out. Suho did ask him too. But, he refused. There was nothing that I could say.

Yes, he was hurt. But, he tried to hold in his pain. I could feel his pain. I took a deep breath. Without any hesitation, I knocked the door. I knocked for several times and at last, he opened the door. He rubbed his eyes and was shocked to see me.

"Have you gone to sleep?"

"Oh, yes. I was so sleepy. What are you doing here?"

"I want to meet you," I answered without any hesitation.

He nodded.

"Please come in," he said politely.

I nodded. I followed him inside. His living room and his room just besides each other. There was nothing as a barrier. I sat down at the table. He went to the fridge. After a few seconds, he gave me a can of drink.

"Gomawo."

"It is nothing. Well why did you want to meet me?" he asked.

"I'm sorry."

"Oh? Why was that?"

I took a deep breath. I was so afraid. Actually, I was so happy to get married. Somehow, I was afraid to lose a friend like him. I was confused.

"I'm sorry because I have been so cruel to you. And seriously, I was not good to you. In my life, you are my only true friend. I just have you. And actually, I knew about your feeling towards me."

"Seohyun-ah."

"Even I knew, I can't reply. If only I can, I will not try because I was not good enough for you. You suit with many girls but, not me."

"Seohyun-ah."

I smiled but, my tears flowed down on my cheeks. The pain was deep. I still can feel it.

"Seohyun-ah, I don't mind. Really."

"But, please be honest. Please be honest about your feeling. Please don't lie yourself," I begged with tears.

He sighed. Then he lowered his head. Yes, it was hard. Especially, to tell the person who is getting married. But, I have to know. Really.

"Yes, I have feeling towards you. I admit it. Until now, until you are getting married, yes, I love you. I really love you," he said while lifting up his head. I was touched. I tried to hold in my feeling. "And I will love you forever," he added.

I blinked my eyes repeatedly. I was really touched. Seriously, I can feel how long he kept his feeling in his deep heart without telling me. And yes, it was really pain.

"When Suho proposed you, half of my soul has taken away. I felt so down. Then I realized he has the right. Plus, Jinha is his daughter."

"Lay-ah."

"I admit that I was jealous. But, I can accept the fact that he was lucky than me," he said, chuckling.

I was overflowing. His chuckle was a lie. He pretended. He tried to cover his sad. I felt so sorry for him.

"Lay-ah, I'm sorry. Really sorry," I said sincerely.

"No. There is nothing to be sorry. This is my fate," he replied.

"But, I'm still sorry. I can't reply your love even I knew your feeling. Am I bad?"

"No, you are not. Even you are getting married, you are still the best for me. But, please don't ask me to stop loving you because the fact is I can't. I really can't," he said in a slow tone.

Even it was hard, I nodded. It was really unfair for him to be in love all alone himself. But, I realized that I was not good to him.

 

***

 

Three months later

Today is my important day. The day that makes every people will not forget about it. The day that unites two hearts become one. And the day is my wedding.

Today is the day that I have been waiting all this while. To marry to someone that I loved and I thought it was just a dream. I thought I have lost Suho. But, fate is fair. Really.

I rotated around to see my beautiful wedding gown in front of the big mirror. I was very satisfied with this gown. Yet, I was very excited. I really can't wait.

"Omo~ Eonni, you are so beautiful!"

I smiled. Youkyung drew closer to me and helped to fix something on the gown.

"Youkyung-ah, I'm so excited!"

"Haha... eonni, just in a few hours. Be patient," she said happily.

"Erm, can you please call Jinha? I want to take picture with her."

"Oh? Just her? What about me? Our parents?"

"Oh, haha... I forgot. Please call them and we will take picture together," I said with a smile.

She nodded and smiled. She went out from the room with a happy mood. My mood was good. Really.

'Eonjejjeum gwaenchanha jiryeona
Haeneun eonje dasi tteuryeona...'

I took my phone on the desk. I looked at the phone screen. It was Suho. I carved a smile. He does not patient, I thought. I picked up the call.

"Yeo..."

"Yeoboseyo, eonni!"

I heard a girl's voice who was really in a panic situation. I felt so nervous. I could hear the thumping of my heart, getting quicker than ever.

"Is this..."

"This is Dasom, eonni. Something has happened!

"What?"

 

A/N: Hi, guys. Huh, this chapter is quite scattered I don't know why. I'm sorry. Just enjoy :) And thanks to my new subbies. You are AWESOME!