Chapter 35

60 Seconds

As I got back home, I went straightly to my room after giving a kiss to my princess, Jinha. She was happy with my mom at the kitchen. I was happy for that.

I flew on my bed. It was like I have not rested for a long time. I looked at the ceiling. The shock of Lay was in my mind. He can't believe. But, he started to accept since I was struggling to make him believe.

All of a sudden, Youkyung barged in my room. I was shocked. Slowly, I sat, stretching my body. She drew closer to me. I examined her face.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Dasom."

"What is wrong with her?"

"She wants to meet us."

I shook. I felt so lazy. I just want to stay at home and have a good rest. But, looking at her face that plastered with anxiousness, I have a guess that something has happened.

"What is the problem?" I asked.

"I don't know. But, she said that it is important to you."

I frowned. What Dasom got to say? Seriously, I felt so lazy. But, I was curious. Without any delay, I agreed.

***

Dasom

I looked at Seohyun and Youkyung who were sitting in front of me with my teary eyes. I can't bear the overflowing of my heart. My tears flowed down on my cheeks. I can see both of them were glancing at each other.

"Dasom-ah, what is wrong with you? Why did you want to meet us?"

I let out a long breath as well with my pain. I hope so. I wiped away my tears. Ah, I hate to cry. I hate to show that I'm weak. I have so many experiences that taught me how to be strong. So I have to be strong.

"Actually, I got something to tell you, eonni. This is important," I said, looking at Seohyun. She smiled briefly. Maybe she was distracted. "It is about my brother," I added.

She widened her eyes. Then she frowned. Her eyes told me to tell her quickly. Yes, I should tell her quickly.

"Actually, he didn't involve in the accident two years ago."

"Bo?" Youkyung asked, raising up her voice.

"I'm sorry. But, I just knew. Two years ago, he was been operated in the States because of a brain cancer.

Seohyun was shocked. Her pool eyes were starting to glisten with tears. I took her hand into mine. Her hand was so cold. She looked pale.

"Eonni, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to tell lie," I said with tears.

"Then is that why... he left... me?" she asked, stammering.

I nodded. As I did that, her tears flowed down on her cheeks. I can see Youkyung has started to worry.

"Eonni, please be patient. Dasom-ah, did he know about this?"

I shook. Seohyun pulled away her hand. She was angry, I thought.

"He didn't know about this and to tell you what, that was cruel!" she yelled.

"I know, eonni. But, I didn't plan this. I by myself didn't know that my parents took him to the States for treatment. I really... didn't know."

"You know what? I'm so hurt. How could..."

"Eonni, actually, he did know about his cancer. And that was why he decided to leave you. He did think about you. He does not want you to be in pain. Yes, I didn't know about this because I was in LA. But, I know after my mom told me that he does not want someone's heart to get hurt," I said with a long explanation.

She looked at me with tears. I still have not finished. I took a long breath.

"And I believe for what have I said. I know he will not simply leave you. And he decided that just because of you."

"Seriously, I didn't think about this. I never knew about this," she said with tears.

I nodded then carved a smile. Nobody knew that, except my parents. And I was really disappointed. You lost your memory because of your illness. But, people around you kept telling you that you lost your memory because of something else. If the truth reveals, the pain is so deep. For me, I can't accept that, indeed.