Chapter 40

60 Seconds

My cheeks were wet with tears. All of the people that should celebrate my happy day with Suho gathered at the hospital. All of us were waiting outside the emergency room.

I was still in the wedding gown. I felt so many things. I put the wedding as second. The most important is Suho. I felt so sad because of him.

Not only me, his family was sad too. So with my family. I tilted my head around to find for Jinha. Then I found her. She was sitting on Lay's lap. I was overflowing. She was crying. She seemed to know the truth.

I drew closer to Lay and sat next to him. He was gloomy. As Jinha saw me, she came to me with tears.

"Omma."

As I heard that, my tears flowed down on my cheeks. It was hard. Lay patted my back.

"Seohyun-ah, please be patient."

"No, I can't. I really can't."

"Seohyun-ah, even you can't, you have to try. Just patient," he said while dragging my head onto his shoulder.

I closed my eyes tightly. It was really pain. I was so afraid. I was so afraid to lose Suho. I just don't want to lose him for the second time.

"Lay-ah, I need Suho. I don't want to lose him," I said with tears.

"Yes, I know. But, just patient."

I nodded. After a while, a doctor came out from the emergency room. All of us were drew closer to him.

"Doctor, what happened to my son?"

"Ah, this is hard. The tumour in his brain has came quite long since he is in stage four now."

"What?" I asked.

"Yes, he is in stage four now. And he has to be operated. Let's pray for his safety."

I was shocked. Really. I can't accept that. I leaned to the back and almost fell. Luckily, my mom held me. I was overflowing. On that time, I didn't think anything else. Yes, only Suho was in my mind.

 

***

 

It supposed a week for me to be a wife to Suho. I supposed to have a new life. I supposed to be happy. But, it was supposed. In fact, I was still single. A single mother.

Actually, it has been a week since he left me. He left Jinha. He left his family. He left all of us. Yes, the operation was failed. I fainted after knowing he has left me.

I went to his grave with Lay and my family. I have been there for many times since he left me and I cried along the times. But, it was the second time for them.

"Suho-ah, I come."

I covered my mouth. Each time I said that, I felt so sad. Yet, I have to endure another agony. It was really pain. And it was a deep pain.

Youkyung tried to comfort me. I clenched my lips. I have to be strong. I took a deep breath. Then I looked at Jinha who was in Lay's arms. She seemed strong. I tried to borrow her spirit.

"Suho-ah, I will not forget you. I will always love you," I said, overflowing. "I will work hard to raise our Jinha well. I will try to be strong."

"Eonni."

"Suho-ah, I'm sorry."

For the rest of my life, I will not forget Suho.He was special to me. Yet, he was kind. But, I was cruel to him. There was another thing that I didn't tell him. About how did he lose his memory. I was too late. And I will not forgive myself for being so cruel. Yet, I believe that his family didn't tell him about that too. Ah, why I was so cruel? It was unfair for him. Yes, he did know about his cancer but, it was before he got into the operation in the States. After that, he knew nothing. And I was not responsible to tell him. Yes, the cruel of me.

"Seohyun-ah, let's go home. You look so tired."

I looked at my mom. I nodded. She walked first leading at the front with my dad. Lay with Jinha were walked abreast with me and Youkyung.

All of a suddedn, my parents stopped. I was shocked. There was Dasom's family. They were going to pay a visit to Suho, I thought.

Without any hesitation, I went to hug Mrs. Park. I cried. She rubbed my back with love. I was touched. I released her.

"Please be patient, okay?"

I nodded. She smiled. Then she took a leave to pay a visit to Suho with her husband. I bowed. But, Dasom was still there.

"Seohyun-ah, we will be going to car. Just take your time."

I nodded as my dad was really understanding. All of them walked away.

I looked at Dasom. She was gloomy. Yes, she should. Besides, Suho is her brother. She felt the lost more than me.

"The time ran so fast," she said peaceful.

"Yes," I agreed.

She let out a long breath. Then she took out something from her sling bag. I was anxious. I waited patiently. I was really shocked to see it was a music box.

"Is that... the music box that... I gave to... Suho?" I asked, stammering.

She handed the music box to me. I took it with a shiver hand. I was speechless.

"He asked me to give it to you if he does not have much time to live. And it has happened. So I have to give it to you," she said, overflowing.

I closed my eyes. My tears flowed down on my cheeks. It was really hard for me. Slowly, I opened my eyes. Seriously, Suho was my memory. I clenched my lips to hold in my overflowing. I quickly hugged Dasom.

"Eonni, please forgive him," she whispered.

I released her. Then I nodded. I already forgave Suho. For me, he did nothing to me. There was nothing for me to hold a grudge or whatsoever towards him.

"Eonni, I will be going. See you later," Dasom said then walked away to pay a visit to Suho.

I stood there silently. I let out a long breath. Then I stared at the music box. As I opened it, the music was touched my heart. I saw there was a letter. With my sad heart, I took the letter. Slowly, I opened and read it.

Seo Joo Hyun ♥

I don't know why I want to write this letter. Well it kind of my feeling's confession.

And you will get to read this if only I'm no longer in this world. Well you know what?

For the first time I saw you cried in front of me, I was really confused. Then I decided

to know the truth since you seemed to know me. After you have told me about the past,

I still can't remember anything. I felt so stressed. Then I found this music box. But, it still

can't help me. But, it made me to believe you. Do you still remember our meeting at the

Cube Cafe? I'm so sorry. I held your hands. But, maybe it was a start. A start for me to

love you. Well the time when we decided to not be formal, do you remember? I still remember!

And the most thing that I really can't forget when you kissed me. I did put your hand on my

chest, right? You know how I felt, right? And I think I have fallen in love with you after that.

Maybe the new me. I just don't know. And the day I know Jinha is my daughter. You know

what? Even I got lied but, I was happy to know about that. And I think my life is complete.

I realize that I want you in my life. Even I can't remember my past life, how much I loved

you, the new me will give you the whole of my heart. And if only I have 60 seconds to live,

I will love you until my last breath. It is really a short time, indeed. But, I will appreciate it

Well because it is very important to me. Honestly, I love you so much. Lastly, I'm

sorry. My handwriting is not good. But, it is still full with my love for you. Forever love.

My breath was up and down. I cried. It was the first and the last letter for me to keep. The agony was big. The pain was hurt. I drew closer the letter to my chest. I will keep it forever.

"Suho-ah, for me, if only I have 60 seconds to live, I just want to tell you the truth that you still don't know. That is it."