Chapter 6

60 Seconds

"Seriously? You are right. I have no idea with your situation. But, do you know because of what? You!"

I felt really down. Lay turned his back to me and walked slowly leaving me behind. What should I do? Maybe he has something to let me know, I thought.

"Lay, wait!"

Lay stopped. I walked towards him and facing him to me. His eyes not at me. I patted his shoulders. He looked at me.

"Arasso. We will go together. But, send me home after that. Could you?"

I could see Lay's eyes glistening, smiling brightly to me. He took my hand and rushed to a nearby stall.

I ordered Korean knife noodles with coke. Lay ordered spicy rice cakes with coke too. We both waited patiently.

I took a deep breath. Lay was silent. Me too. We both lost word after ordering what we wanted. To me, I was shocked because of his doing. He took my hand. He made me turned red.

" Sorry," I said.

"Huh? What the hell was that for?"

"I ordered food. I'm hungry."

Lay laughed. My eyebrows joined together.

"I'm starving," said Lay.

I gaped. Relaxing my face, carving a smile, I laughed. Lay continued. We both laughed without care about other people.

The foods have served on the table. Lay ate without any delay. I did so.

"Seohyun, I have something to tell you."

'I knew it. Seohyun, you were right.'

"What?"

"Please don't get angry, could you?"

I nodded while munching. I did that so he will not nervous to tell me.

"Actually, I want to ask your permission. May I take a leave tomorrow? I have something to do tomorrow."

I was shocked. I looked at Lay.

"It is not I don't give my permission. But, you know I have only you. Is that urgent?"

Lay nodded slowly. His face changed as well his movement. He didn't continue his eating.

"In that case, I have to close the shop tomorrow. Never mind. You have my permission," I said, smiling.

Lay was silent. I don't know why. Maybe he felt guilty, I thought.

"Erm... Seohyun, I think you should open the shop tomorrow as usual."

"What do you mean?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Tomorrow is Saturday. Your sister is on her holiday. Why don't..."

"I ask her to help me out? Omo~ Awesome! Thanks, Lay. I love you. You are my best friend forever," I said happily, continuing my eating.

***

Lay

I walked with Seohyun until in front of her house. She stopped and looked at me.

"Thanks."

"You are welcome. Thanks too."

"You are welcome too."

I smiled. Seohyun did so. But, she really with her sweet smile. Seriously, she has flawless outer and inner.

"You have a sweet smile," I said.

Seohyun widened her eyes. Her cheeks turned red. I smiled.

"Thanks. By the way, you have to know that you have such a sweet smile with a deep dimple. You know what? I'm so envious with you," said Seohyun, nudging me.

I could feel my cheeks burn. I carved an innocent smile.

"Thanks. Erm... you should go inside. The weather is cold. You might catch a cold," I said, pushing Seohyun gently inside her gate.

Seohyun smiled. She waved me. I nodded then moved my hand as a sign to ask her get inside. She went inside.

I felt so happy. Seohyun just made me happy. She burned my spirit. I will work hard to gain my hope.