Chapter 33

60 Seconds

It has been two weeks since Lay didn't come to work. Along the times, I was too busy. There were many customers that came. And I had to close my shop.

I decided to go to his house. I want to fix the problem. As a human, I can't turn time to go back to my past life and changed all. I really can't. But, I can fix them. I can fix what have I done.

Slowly, I went upstairs to the rooftop. I stepped with a hope. A hope that he can listen to me. Listen to what I'm going to tell him.

I took a deep breath. Then I knocked the door. I hope he will not slam the door and lock it behind him.

I knocked for a few times. But, I got no response. Did he really angry? I understand if he does not want to see me anymore. I released a big sigh.

Slowly, I turned back. My eyes were on the ground, catching someone's feet who was standing. I lifted up my head. I was really shocked.

 

***

 

Dasom

 

"Appa, you are home."

"Ah, I didn't go to work."

I nodded. Then I looked at my mom who was busy with her magazine. I plopped onto the couch next to her. I made a cute face.

"Dasom-ah, what do you want?" she asked, closing the magazine.

"Hehe... you know me well. Er, omma, I want to borrow your cooking book. May I?"

"Oh? It is weird but, yes, you may. Find it in my room."

I was excited. I smiled then ran upstairs. I walked inside her room and closed the door. Actually, I have an intention to bake a cake. It was sudden.

I kept looking for the cooking book. It was not on the drawer besides the bed. I took a deep breath.

Without any hesitation, I opened the closet. There were so many woman's clothes. So definitely the closet was hers. I was very sure. I kept looking for the cooking book even in folded clothes.

All of a sudden, I felt something. I was sure it was the cooking book that I looked for. I took it out and shocked to find it was not. I frowned.

"What is this? It seems confidential."

I looked at the document. It was a document from a hospital from the States. I was distracted. Did my parents go to the States? I shook.

I felt guilty whether to open the document or just put it back. But, I was curious. Ah, jinjja!