Chapter 13

60 Seconds

Seohyun

"Seohyun, I have something to tell you."

"Go on," I said, counting stocks.

Lay chirped.

"I wish a better place rather this store, Seohyun," said Lay, traipsing to the counter.

I lifted up my head. I looked at Lay who has sat in front of the counter. I took a deep breath. I left my work and walked to him.

I sat in front of the counter, in front of Lay. He rested his head on the counter, pretending sulking with me. I chuckled. I tickled his ear. He chirped.

"Yah Zhang Yi Xing!"

Silent. I sighed.

"Yah! Come on, Lay. I left my work just because of you. Hurry up. Tell me," I said, smiling patiently.

Lay lifted up his head. He smiled.

"That is my boy," I teased.

"Thanks."

"You are welcome. So what is your point?"

"Er... actually, I went to learn how to... play piano."

I widened my eyes, gaping.

"Is that all?"

Lay nodded, lowering down his head. I messed his hair.

"That was amazing! I never thought that you and piano like siblings," I teased. Lay gaped then laughed. "But, wait. Did you on leave last Saturday because attending piano class? Why you didn't tell me the truth?"

Lay clenched his lips. He held my hands.

"Seohyun, I'm so sorry. I was not ready yet at that time," said Lay, sincerely.

"That was not your first time, am I right?"

Lay nodded. I chirped then pulled my hands. He was shocked. I could see from his face. But, I laughed at last. I was kidding. He smiled, showing his dimple twisted from the corner of his lips.

"Don't worry, Lay. I'm not angry," I said to please Lay's heart.

"Thanks."

"You are welcome. Lay, do you want to know something?"

Lay nodded quickly. His face showed his eagerness. I chuckled.

"Youkyung kept asking about you when you was not around. She thought that you will coming, she was really wrong," I said, laughing.

Lay's cheeks turned red.

"But, she helped me not because to meet you, I guess. Well because of allowance. But, there is still but. She maybe fell in love with you."

"Aish... you are so silly. Impossible, Seohyun. I'm not deserve to be with her," said Lay, made a circle using his finger on the counter.

"What do you mean?" I asked, curious. "Do you have someone else?"

Lay looked at me, raising up his eyebrow. My eyebrows joined together.

"No. I have no one."

"Then? Don't you want to be my brother-in-law?"

Lay shook. I pouted, pretending disappointed with him.

"It is true I don't want to be your brother-in-law. But, I wish to be your special person... in your life... although, for hundred thousand years coming."

I gaped, blinking my eyes. I could not believe for what I have heard. But, I laughed.

"You are so funny. Never mind. I want to continue my work," I said, leaving Lay to the store, continuing counting stocks.

***

I walked after buying food. Lay didn't know I went out to buy food for both of us. I walked inside, putting the food on the counter.

I looked around, there was no Lay. I walked to the back, trying to find him. At last, I found him at the back, outside of my shop. He was removing boxes to throw them.

I watched Lay doing his work. I smiled. He is very determined.

"It is true I don't want to be your brother-in-law. But, I wish to be your special person... in your life... although, for hundred thousand years coming."

I shook. Why was I thinking about that? Lay was kidding, I thought.

'Don't give up easily. You have to wait for Joon Myeon.'

I took a deep breath.

"Lay, come. Let's eat. I have bought food."

Lay who was working very hard, carving a smile while looking at me. He left his work. He walked towards me. I smiled.

"I'm sorry for troubling you," said Lay.

"Troubling what? You didn't, got it?"

"But, I feel shy."

I shook. I pulled Lay's hand, walking to the counter.

"Eat this. You don't have to feel shy. Never mind, Lay. I will cut from your salary, okay? Don't worry," I said, kidding.

"I don't mind. You have to do that," said Lay, his eyes glistening.

My eyebrows joined together.

"Er... Lay, I was... kidding. Don't take serious," I said.

Lay chuckled, happily and his eyes became smaller. Cute! I smiled. He was destined to be that cute, I thought.

End of POV