Chapter 26

60 Seconds

The morning was young and warm and comfortable in its adolescence, humming with insects and shimmering with a light that seemed to originate in the atmosphere itself. The ground was green, different shader of emerald that bespoke of peace and life and the timeless order of growing things.
The atmosphere was really beautiful. It made me drove carefully while sending Dasom to her school. Everyday, I hope that the atmosphere will always like this. But, I know I can't predict anything.
At last, we reached at the school. She was about to get out before I called out her name.
"Why, oppa?"
I put my finger at the corner of my lips. She looked at me. Her face looked mystified. I fixed my body's condition.
"Do you know who was my girlfriend?"
She chirped. I raised up my eyebrow. I didn't think that my question was weird or out of the ordinary.
"Boya, oppa? Are you kidding me?"
"Why? What was wrong with my question??"
"Anieo, oppa. Like I said, you were not like this to me before this. So how would I know who was your girlfriend? Ah, oppa."
I pondered. Yes, she was true. Ah, seriously, I felt so regret for being so different before this.
"Then do you know about this?" I asked, taking the music box from the back seat.
"Uwa! Yeppeoda!" she exclaimed while snatching the music box from me.
"No, no, you can't," I said, snatching back.
She pouted. Yes, she was cute. But, I just ignored. I have no time for that. I put back the music box at the back seat. Noticing that she was still pouting, I messed up her hair. She chirped.
"Oppa, please give the music box to me," she begged, cutely.
"No way. I didn't mean to give it to you. I just want to show it to you. I thought you can help me."
"Ah, oppa. You are weird. Well listen to me. To be short, I don't know your past life. That is final," she said. I nodded. "I will be going. See you later," she continued then walked out from my car to the school.
I took a deep breath. Ah, it was so hard. I could feel that nothing can help me except if I help myself alone. And that was final.

***

Dasom

"Ah, jinjja! What a weird!"
Youkyung stopped me by her hand. I was shocked. I turned my body to confront with her. Actually, we should have get in the class from the computer lab since the next period is Chemistry. But, we delayed it.
"Why?" I asked.
"Yah Kim Da Som! I should ask you that."
"Okay, I'm sorry. But, let's talk while walking to class."
She nodded. I smiled. But, it was a pale smile. I was curious, though. It was something that I can't think wisely.
"So what is wrong with you? Do you want to share with me?"
"Oh, this is about my brother. He was freaking me," I said.
"Do you have a brother? Oh, I didn't know. By the way, what did he do?"
I took a deep breath. Then I clutched my books to my chest in an effort to gather my spirit. The surroundings was noisy with students and I can easily get a headache. So I tried to gather my spirit.
"Actually, he asked me about his girlfriend. Er, ex-girlfriend. Oh, I don't know. I just really don't know," I said, tilting my head around.
"What do you mean? I... don't understand," she replied.
"Actually, he lost his memory. To tell you what, I have never been treated well by him before this. His past life was... dark," I said in a scary tone.
She laughed. I chirped then nudged her. She protruded her tongue out to me. We laughed like crazy into the class. We didn't care about others' assumptions.
"Ah, Chemistry!" she yelled.
I shook with a smile. Then I took out Chemistry book from my bag. All of a sudden, it fell on the floor. I just let it be because I got to keep my other books.
"Oh, what is this?" she asked while taking up my Chemistry book.
I didn't focus to her. I thought it was just my book. I just let her took it up for me.
"Is this he? Please tell me," she begged.
I looked at what she held. Then I smiled. She was holding Suho's picture. I took it from her.

"Ne. He is so handsome, right? He is awesome too."
She widened her eyes. She seemed distracted. Her expression was immediately changed. And she made me felt weird. I was distratcted.
"Youkyung-ah, are you okay?"
"Please listen to what I want to tell you. And please keep it as a secret. Actually, I have a sister."
"And so?"
She took a deep, long breath. I waited patiently. I was so eager to know. Really. She just made me excited.
"She was... really his girlfriend," she stammered.
"Bo?"

 

A/N: Uwa! What a long updates :) Haha... I'm sorry for you to read more. Actually, I'm too seldom online. So I don't want my ideas gone just like that so I have typed them in my laptop. So to be short, my story almost finished :) When I log in this website, I just move the chapters that I have typed. Hope for your understanding :) Oh, welcome new subscribers. Thanks so much. Saranghaja :)