Chapter 38

60 Seconds

Suho

 

In our life, we are not always perfect. We always make mistake. I made mistake. And it taught me to know myself. Even it has past, I know I can fix it again.

I heard someone knocked the door. The door opened. It was Dasom. She drew closer to me with a smile plastered on her face.

"Have a seat."

She nodded and sat next to me. It has been a long time since we didn't spend our times together. Even just in my room, I just happy.

"Oppa, I miss you," she said in melancholic.

I felt weird. I looked at her. Her flawless face was sparkling. But, her pool eyes were glistening with tears. Noticing that, I dragged her to my chest. All of a sudden, she was overflowing.

"Dasom-ah, what is wrong?"

She was silent. I her hair, trying to comfort her. The past of me was not like this. It was what she told me. Well everything happened for a reason.

"Dasom-ah, it is weird for me to treat you lke this, right? Well I was so bad towards you. Seriously, I was not good to you," I said, chuckling.

"Oppa, what do you mean?"

I released her. Then I smiled. I examined her face with all of my heart.

"If I didn't lose my memory, I will not change. And I will not treat you like this. Somehow, I'm so thankful. Even I lost my memory, it was a relief for me."

"Oppa, please don't say like that."

"Dasom-ah, you know what? Someone taught me to accept my destiny. And it was so worthy. And if I die, I will not die in regret."

"Oppa!" she yelled.

I looked at her. Her face was red. Maybe she was angry, I thought. I chuckled. That was funny. I messed up her hair. She dodged me.

"Oppa, I will hate you forever if you continue to say like that," she said, angrily.

"Okay," I chuckled. "Just for you, okay?"

She nodded. I smiled. Then I went to my drawer and took a music box. I came to sit back next to her. She frowned.

"Are you going to give me?" she asked, raising up her eyebrow.

I grimaced then shook. She chirped. I chuckled. Then I held her hands, tightly. I looked into her eyes.

"Now, let's get serious," I said in a slow tone.

"What? You promised me, oppa!"

"No, I didn't. I didn't say it as a promise."

She smacked my head. She was really angry. I shook. All of a sudden, I got a headache. It was really hurt like many needles on my head. My eyebrows joined together. I held my head.

"Oppa, are you okay? Oppa! Please don't do this to me. I'm sorry."

After a while, my head got better. I took a deep breath. Although it was still a little bit hurt, I tried to hold in.

"I'm sorry," I said, trying to comfort her. "Dasom-ah, listen to me carefully. If only I don't have much time to live, could you please help me to give this music box to Seohyun?"

She shook with tears. I let out a breath. Yes, I did mean what have I said. Nobody likes to play with their words. And seriously, I did mean it.

I wiped away her tears. Her tears made the pain in my heart getting more. Nobody wants that. And so with me.

 

***

 

Seohyun

 

It has been so long since Lay and I didn't get a chance to eat our luch together. There were so many things that I had to solve. And it was not easy.

And for the first time, I took Jinha along with me to the shop. She was really happy. She always laugh since Lay made jokes a lot. Seriously, he was a good guy.

"Ajussi, I want you to feed me."

"No problem. Come," he said while beckoning Jinha to him.

I shook.

"Jinha-ya, you can eat by yourself, right?"

"Yes, omma. But, I want ajussi. If appa is here, I will ask him too."

Lay chuckled. I shook. Then I took a seat. I prepared the food and handed it to him.

He took it carefully. Then he started to feed Jinha. I examined his treat. Seriously, he was so gentleman.

"Lay-ah," I called gently. He looked at me with a smile. I don't know why but, the smile was so peace. "Er, may I ask you something?"

"Okay. What is it?"

"I don't know if I should ask you this. But, I just want to know. I want to know the truth."

"Omo~ Seohyun-ah, just ask. I don't mind," he said with a smile.

I grinned. Actually, I was so embarrassed to ask him. It is about feeling. An unconditional feeling. Yes, something like that.

"Actually, I have got some hints about your feeling towards me. Is that true?"

He widened his eyes. He was really shocked.

"Ajussi, are you okay?"

He smiled and nodded. Obviously, he was hesitated. Noticing that, I went silent. I don't want to force him.

We continued to eat. The lunch was the special one for me. I don't know why but, I can feel like that. All of a sudden, my heart thumping, getting quicker than ever. I was really shocked. It was really sudden.

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"Oh, appa!"

And I know why I was like that. Jinha ran to Suho. Slowly, I looked at him. He smiled. I was hesitated to reply. But, I replied.

"Ah, good. Come and join us. The more the merrier," Lay said happily.

Suho nodded and drew closer to me. Then he sat. Jinha was asking him to feed her. I tried to smile with her behaviour. What a naughty girl!

"Uwa! It is so delicious. Seohyun-ah, did you cook by yourself?"

Lay laughed. Me too. Suho was blurred. He looked at both of us with weird. Noticing that, I quickly stopped. And yes. I laughed because I want to hide my nervousness.

"Actually, I..."

"Suho-ah, she didn't. For your information, she bought by herself. That is correct," Lay said, chuckling.

I narrowed my eyes. Suho and Lay laughed. Lay was over. But, it was a relief too. He covered me by telling to Suho the truth without I have to use my own words.

Suho was really happy. I looked at him. His face was cool. When he carved a smile, his cheekbones will show up. They just... perfect!

"Never mind. I will eat well," he said happily.

After we finished the foods, I cleaned up everything. I was very good in cleaning, I tell you. There was nothing that I left. The table was cleaned and perfect. But, Lay helped me too.

"Seohyun-ah, I have something to tell to you," Suho said after I sat next to him.

I looked mystified. The sound was very serious. What he got to tell me? I was curious.

"Seohyun-ah, will you... marry me?"

I gaped. Jinha cheered us. I was speechless. For the first time in my life, the most wanted thing that I really wait for has coming. I felt so happy.

"Will you?"

I let out a breath. I was overflowing. Slowly, I nodded with tears. That was the happiest thing happened in my life. I'm so thankful.

"Thanks a lot. I will tell to my family. Please wait for three months," he said excitedly.

I smiled. I was touched. Without I realized, there was someone  who was unhappy. It was Lay. I looked at him. He was hesitated to carve a smile. I know he does not happy with this. But, he tried to smile. At last, he applauded and congratulated us.

On that time, I was not sure if I should happy or sad.

 

A/N: Hi, guys. Oh, I'm going crazy. This story is going to an end. Ah, I really can't wait to finish it! Oh, please forgive me for any typos. Hehe. Erm, please anticipate me :D And hi, new subbies. You are BEAUTIFUL ;) Thanks a lot. Saranghaeyo!!!!!!