Chapter 34

60 Seconds

"Oh, Dasom-ah, have you found what you looked for?"

My eyes were red. Yes, I was crying.

"What is this?" I asked, flinging the document on the floor.

Both of my parents were shocked. They glanced at each other. My mom was the first person to pick up the document. Slowly, she drew closer to me. She was about to hold my wrist but, I dodged her.

"Dasom-ah," she called gently.

I gritted my teeth. My dad stood up and walked closer to me. He tried to persuade me. Seriously, I was so angry.

"Dasom-ah, please don't angry," he said.

"Please explain. I just need an explanation," I replied with tears.

He nodded, at last. He went to sit. I looked at him impatiently.

"Actually, Suho suffered with a brain cancer. Two years ago, he got an operation after a few treatments in the States."

"Is that why you sent me to LA?"

"No. Before I sent you, I didn't know about his cancer. Omma too. But, after a few months at his new school, he always faint. Luckily, he didn't faint at school. Then we decided to take him to the hospital."

I was overflowing. Since I was not in Seoul, I didn't know many things. Even I was happy in LA but, I didn't know that something has happened. I felt so bad.

"Then the doctor said that he needs a better treatment. So we decided to go to the States. We are sorry for not visiting you. And we are sorry for not telling you the truth," he said, overflowing.

I was sat on the floor. My mom came and sat next to me. Then she dragged me to her embrace. I wiped away my tears.

"Then does he know the truth?"

"No. Actually, I planned this so he would not know the truth," she said. "But, he did know about his cancer. I mean, before the operation."

"Did he really want to go there?"

"Yes. He said that he does not want someone's heart to get hurt."

"Then why did you lie to him, omma?"

"I had to. Seriously, I had to."

I shook. She released me. I stared at her. Then I stood up. Seriously, it was unfair to Suho. Seriously.

"Both of you were cruel to him. Both of you are so mean! I hate both of you!" I yelled then ran upstairs.

***

Seohyun

"Kim Jin Ha, that is her name. My daughter."

Lay looked at me, frowning. I carved a weak smile. I decided to tell him the truth. There was nothing to hide for.

"I j-just..."

"I know you can't believe this. But, trust me. This is the truth. I got pregnant when I was in my last year in high school. Yes, it was hard for me. Really hard," I said.

I took a sip from the coffee. But, it still can't cure me. Yes, it was not good to me. I looked at him who was just listened to what have I said. He was loyal, indeed.

"I was lucky because my tummy was not too obvious and I did finish my school."

"Seohyun-ah," he called gently. I nodded. "I'm sorry to ask you this but, why did you use Kim as the family name? Your family name is Seo. I just want to know, if possible."

I smiled. A curiousness that made him good. He was really a good observer. I took a deep breath. I don't want to tell lie to him anymore. In fact, I can't.

"Actually, I appreciate this person. That is why I used his family name. As a memorial in case I'm not lucky to meet him."

"May I know who was him?"

"Kim Joon Myeon," I answered calmly.

He gaped. I carved a thin smile. Seriously, that was the first time I told him without crying. Even my heart was shaking, my soul was in pain, I still kept a smile. And that has made me strong. And I'm so thankful.