Chapter 8

60 Seconds

I threw my blanket and quickly went inside to the bathroom. I took a short shower and hurried to my closet. I threw on whatever I could find.

Done with everything such as pencil case, notebook, mp3 and whatever I always bring with me, I quickly went out from my house and locked safely.

I took a bicycle, which the place that I wanted to go is far from my house. Rather than to Flowers Heaven. I cycled as fast as I could but, still with safety.

I reached at 9.00 a.m. sharp. Actually, I am a student of a piano class. It was held by Mr. Yoo. About the fee, I still could afford because it was not too expensive. Yet, Seohyun didn't know about this.

I went inside the class. There were only several students. I took a deep breath. At least, Mr. Yoo has not come yet. I wonder, what he will do if one of his student not punctual? Will he canes? But, I don't think so. He is kind.

***

Seohyun

I put a hair pin on my hair. Then I rushed to Youkyung's room. She still sleeping. I plopped on her bed, shaking her shoulder slightly.

Youkyung stretched herself. I smiled. But, she pulled her blanket, covering herself. I felt so annoyed. I'm late by the way.

"Youkyung, wake up. I need your help."

Static. Youkyung didn't show any response. I pulled down her blanket. She still not open her eyes. I stood, looking something that could wake her up.

I pulled aside the curtain. The light shone directly to Youkyung. She woke up, rubbing her eyes, then throwing her pillow to me.

"What, eonni? Please don't disturb me!" yelled Youkyung.

"Youkyung, please help me at the shop. Lay can't come today," I said gently, trying to persuade Youkyung. She grimaced, closing her eyes. I plopped on her bed. "You will get an extra allowance for your school."

Youkyung opened her eyes. She raised her eyebrow, looking at me with keep-your-words look. I smiled looking to her going inside bathroom.