I May Fall

Dark Lake Academy

Sori cut and slashed madly, wishing that the room had more space for her to change into something with more power behind it. A bear was nice and all, but the form had limitations that something bigger, say an elephant, didn’t have.

Suho was having even more problems. Fighting in such close courters was never his strong suit, especially when he was fighting alongside his friends. He couldn’t go fool dragon. He had to be careful what he did with his water. He had to watch his wings so that they didn’t hit anyone or get in the way of anything they shouldn’t hit or get in the way of.

And it was harder for both when they weren’t fighting their enemies to fight them.

They were fighting them to get to Hyuna.

Soon after their enemies had burst into the room, one of them had blasted Hyuna with a water attack. Now, that would have been fine if not for the nymph who could manipulate plants. That blasted nymph had gotten roots from the trees outside to burst through the floor and wrap around Hyuna’s dazed form.

And now those roots were crushing her to death.

Suho and Sori had to get to her and they had to get to her now, before those roots succeeded in crushing their friend to death.

“Hey!” Baekhyun yelled as he rushed into the room, “let go of her!”

Sori silently thanks whatever higher power there was that Baekhyun had shown up right then. That he had the power to send a light blast at the roots, incinerating the ones just below Hyuna’s feet completely. The blast also blinded many of their enemies long enough for Baekhyun to get to Hyuna’s side so that he could pull the remaining roots away.

“She’s not breathing!” Baekhyun cried and Sori’s heart dropped to her feet.

“CPR!” Suho yelled back, just as panicked, “try CPR!”

“Right!” Baekhyun nodded before setting about doing as the dragon had told him.

Sori and Suho moved to form a blockade of sorts around him and Hyuna so that he could work in peace. The whole time Sori fought, she prayed that this was the only horrible thing happening at that moment.

In her gut, she knew she was wrong.

 

--

 

“Hyung?” Kai whimpered, trying to open his eyes.

Kai wished that he couldn’t feel his legs. Or maybe he didn’t. the pain coming from them was agonizing and he wanted it to stop. Weakly, Kai tried to move, only to realize that he was pinned where he was.

That was why his legs hurt so much!

Something had fallen on him, probably breaking some bones. Well, if he was lucky he just had some broken bones. Broken bones could be set and heal after all. Shattered bones……..Kai wasn’t so sure that those could be fixed.

“Hyung?” Kai whimpered again, wishing he could call out louder. But his throat hurt from all the dust and smoke. Plus h didn’t really want to attract attention to himself in case whoever was the reason for all this heard him and came to check things out.

Kai tried to recall what had happened. He knew he’d been on the stairs with his brother and Heesun. But then everything got kind of fuzzy. He heard a blast, maybe more, and then he was falling. He thought he remembered hitting the ground back first and on cue his back started to cry out in protest. He hoped that his back was just going to be bruised, nothing more. A bruise could heal no problem after all. A broken back was a bit more tricky.

But Kai couldn’t worry about that at the moment. He had to worry about where his friends were.

Mentally, he tried to recall where everyone was supposed to be positioned. Not that knowing where Kris or Hongbin were helped him much. he couldn’t move and couldn’t call out for help until he knew it was safe. And thinking about where his brother, Heesun, and Xiumin were only made him panic.

Kai could not allow himself to freak out.

No, he had to remain calm and focused.

Maybe if he did, he could figure out a plan of some kind.

 

--

 

Kris had been ready to die. As pathetic as that sounded, it was true.

He woke up to a gun pointed at him point blank, what else was he supposed to do? He didn’t have the time to do anything.

But that wasn’t the point.

The point was that he’d been laying there, waiting for the bullet to rip thought him, and nothing had happened. That was……odd. He knew he’d heard the gun go off. He might have been knocked off his feet by the blast, but he hadn’t knocked his head badly enough to imagine a gun shot.

Slowly, unsure of just what he was going to find, Kris opened his eyes.

He didn’t at all like what he saw.

Lay had gotten between him and the agent.

A/N: I’m……..gonna go………so………yeah. *runs away*