Bang

Dark Lake Academy

“What was that?”Hyuk asked, trying to cover his nose as smoke filled the air.

“An explosion I think,” N replied, “I think I heard a few of them go off.”

“Should we go check them out?” D.O asked, biting his lips out of fear.

“No,” Leo said after a moment of though, “we can’t leave our posts. What if that’s exactly what the person who set those explosions off wants?”

“We could radio them?” Hyuk suggested, “We don’t have to leave here to talk to them.”

“Radio is fried,” D.O frowned after giving it a try, “whoever started this…..they want us disconnected from everyone.”

“Then we--,” N was cut off by a group of armed men and women entering the room.

“Those are your targets,” one of the women yelled, pointing at the four, “take them out.”

“Crap,” Leo hissed, turning to D.O, “take N to the second floor. There should be a balcony or something you can use to get to the north of the right wing.”

“Leo!” Hyuk snapped as he started to fend off a couple of enemies, “help!”

“Tell the others,” Leo ordered before joining Hyuk in fighting.

D.O did as told, taking N’s hand and running. Even when N was trying to fight to stay and help, D.O kept a firm hold of the other’s wrist and pulled him along.

N could very well end up being their ace in the hole. He had to be kept safe.

 

--

 

“Where did all of these guys come from?” Sehun asked, trying to duck and dodge the bows coming his way. He was thankful that Jihu had talked him into training with knives, they were way more fitting to close courter fights like this then guns.s

“No idea,” Taeyang growled before launching himself at someone’s throat, “and I don’t care.”

“Same here,” Tao scowled from the other side of the room where he was righting alongside Krystal who had taken the form of a bear, “I just want to take them out.” As he said that, Tao snapped the neck of one of their attackers.

Seconds later, poor Tao was on the ground, howling in pain as he tried to rip a small stake from his back.

“Tao!” Taeyang and Sehun screamed, wanting more than anything to rush to his side to help him. But they couldn’t, not with all the enemies in the room. They just had to hope that Krystal could watch his back for now.

“We need to get help,” Taeyang hissed.

“Radio’s dead, remember?” Sehun scowled, “how can we get help when we can’t contact anyone?”

“You need to run,” Taeyang told the necro, “when I was upstairs, I noticed that there was a balcony on the corner closest the south. You can use that to get to Hyoyeon’s group.”

“Right,” Sehun nodded before taking off first chance he got.

He hated the idea of leaving the others behind, but they needed help. None of them could handle this fight, not with the amount of enemies coming at them.

Sehun hoped he’d get help to them in time.

 

--

 

“What happened?” Baekhyun asked, coughing as he tried to breath though the heavy smoke filling the room.

He got no answer, so he turned to the agent he’d seen in the room with him. Baekhyun quickly found the agent, but he regretted looking for him. God, on the list of things Baekhyun never wanted to remember, this was gonna be right up there.

The agent was dead, mostly blown up in the blast. What little of him remained was painted red with his own blood. Baekhyun’s mind quickly reminded him that he’d just talked to the guy, just been standing right there beside him.

He could have been killed right there alongside him.

Baekhyun felt vomit rising in his throat, suddenly feeling sick. He might very well have thrown up if he didn’t hear gun fire on the floor below. The floor where Sori, Suho, and Hyuna still here.

“Hyuna!”

“No!”

Baekhyun was up and moving within second, knowing something horrible was happening. He’d never heard Sori and Suho sound so……so horrified and sad and broken before.

 

--

 

Kris opened his eyes to find a gun pointed at him, right between his eyes. It only took him a second to realize it was another agent holding the gun.

Somehow, he wasn’t surprised.

In a way, he’d always expected his death to come at the hands of an agent.

Jihu hadn’t asked Suho to become his partner for nothing. He’d known the hate some agents had for the young dragon, known that some agents lacked enough morals to try to remove Kris from existence. Add in that some were on the side of the bad guy and……..Kris wasn’t at all surprised.

Instead, he just shut his eyes and waited for the gun to go off.

Seconds later, it did.

A/N: …………….