All Council Meeting

Dark Lake Academy

“There is going to be a massive meeting,” Jihu announced to the cafeteria filled with students, “of all he councils.”

“Because of the attack?” some random student called out, “was it really that bad? It was just the gangs after all.”

“Shut up,” Jaesun hissed just loud enough for Sori, Ravi and the rest to hear and no one else, “just shut the up. They were people too, you little .”

“Calm down,” Ravi told him, reaching over to pat his shoulder, “don’t let it get to you.”

“It has been requested that all future council members be at this meeting,” Jihu kept talking, “so if your mother and father have been telling you that you’ll take their place, you’re going to be there.”

“You will be allowed the time off school,” Minji spoke up, “and the ISBIP has so graciously offered to provide you with a bus or two to drive you to the meeting and back.”

“Since there will be so many council members,” Jihu added, “So there will be dozens of agents in attendance as well. There has to be in order to provide enough protection for the council members, current and future.”

“I know that there are several agents currently attending school here,” Minji spoke up again, “Agent Jihu will contact you if you’re going to be needed at this event. If you are needed, then you will also get the day off school.”

“There are several more details about this meeting,” Jihu finished the announcement, “but that is something only those who will be there need to know. I will notify them, so don’t worry about that.”

“Cass will begin shortly,” Minji smiled kindly, “so you should all hurry up so you aren’t late.”

Everyone headed out as told, the mood much more somber then it had been before. The tone of voice that Jihu and Minji had used…….it told them all that things were very serious, very bad. They had all known it was bad when the human news agencies had reported on the gang base attacks, but…….but that tone of voice made things hundreds of times more real.

“This isn’t good,” Leo spoke as the group sat in the otherwise empty cafeteria.

“No kidding,” Baekhyun scowled.

“He means about who’s going and who isn’t,” Hongbin said, “not all us of are agents or future council members.”

“Oh,” Baekhyun frowned, realizing just how big a problem this was.

“We can always sneak onto the bus,” Ken suggested, “and if things start to happen at the meeting, we can pop out and help.”

“Not going to work,” Sori frowned, “everything will be searched by other agents. They aren’t going to take any chance that someone is gonna sneak in and hurt a council member.”

“Right,” he sighed, realizing how foolish his idea was.

“Actually,” Sooyoung suddenly said, “Ken might not be too off base with that plan.”

“What are you talking about?” Kris asked, wondering why the young witch looked so excited. Just what had she thought up.

“Ken can change those of us not going into something,” she explained, “like a necklace or ring or something. Something that can easily get passed the agent’s search.”

“Isn’t that dangerous?” Lina questioned, “Turning people into objects?”

“And since when is Ken good enough to do that?” N asked before turning to Ken, “sorry, but you never mentioned that you could do something like that.”

“I didn’t think I was that good,” Ken replied, “I turned Sooyoung into a lamp for a few seconds, but……but that was a week or so ago and only for a few seconds.”

“So we can’t use that,” Sori frowned, “we can’t take the chance of Ken’s magic wearing off at an important moment or not working at all.”

“You’re right,” Ravi sighed before turning to Sooyoung, “it was a good idea, but….”

“But we can’t use it,” she nodded, “because there is way too much risk.”

“Hey, kids.” They all turned to find Jihu smiling slightly at them, “what are you all still doing here? Don’t you all have class?”

“We were talking,” Suho explained, “about who can go and who can’t.”

“Well,” Jihu shrugged, “you don’t have to worry about that.”

“Why?” Jessica frowned slightly, “what do you know that we don’t know?”

“I’ve pulled some strings,” Jihu smirked slightly, “as far as the higher ups are concerned, you’re all agents. Well, besides those of you who are future council members. Once all of this is said and done, I’ll pull some more strings and get the records deleted.”

“Really?” Hyuk grinned, “So we’re all going to be there if things go down?”

“Yes,” Jihu nodded, “after all, we can’t afford to have any of you miles away if things do go down.”

“Then we need to get in some last minute training,” Kris decided, “make sure that we’re ready for whatever comes.”

“I’ll talk Minji into getting you all a pass from class then,” Jihu sighed.

“When in this meeting?” Sori asked, “you didn’t tell us.”

“We have a week,” Jihu sighed, “the council reps all think that should give us enough time to collect all the agents we need. We’re calling them in from all over the world, so……..”

“So we have a week to get ready ourselves,” Hyoyeon nodded, “that should give us enough time.”

The others all nodded, but they also worried. Would a week really be enough time? or would they fall short in some area? Would they all end up dead when this was over? They had all worried about that before, but now with the meeting so close……..it felt real.

Ravi glanced at Sori and recalled how he’d promised himself to protect her at all costs. That promised hadn’t changed, his resolve had only gotten stronger. He would do anything to keep Sori safe. Around the table, several others shared similar thoughts about their loved ones.

A/N: so I’m thinking the next chapter is gonna have some (probably the last) bit of fluff before things start to really happen. Basically I’m gonna try to give you all a feel for where everyone is relationship and emotional wise before, well, before some people die.

……….I’m about to get yelled at in the comments, aren’t I?