So Untrusting

Dark Lake Academy

“Am I the only one who has…..issues,” Chen asked, “with all the ISBIP agents wandering around here?”

“Not to mention all their security buildings,” Heesun nodded.

“They have a point,” Xiumin spoke up, “after all, how many of them can we actually trust.”

“Jihu handpicked all of them,” Kris said, “He did a lot of checking to make sure that they would at least look out for the best interests of the school.”

“Yeah,” N said, “and from when we can tell, this school isn’t too well liked by our enemy.”

“Still don’t like it,” Chen frowned, “there’s just too many of them.”

“I know,” Sori sighed, “it should make all of us uneasy.”

“Sori is right,” Ravi nodded, “just because Jihu thinks that they’re alright doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be on our guard around them.”

“So untrusting,” Ken laughed.

“But very true,” Hyuk spoke up, leaning against Leo, “after those……things…….”

“We shouldn’t trust anyone freely,” Leo nodded, throwing a reassuring arm around Hyuk’s shoulders in hopes of comforting the younger.

“We should also restart our secret training again,” Suho said, “We cannot afford to fall behind in our training.”

“I’ll set up some kind of schedule,” Jessica promised, “anyone wanna help me?”

“I’ll help,” Lina offered, “and I can ask Jihu about the guard schedule. I’m sure he’ll he alright with us working around it.”

“Try not to tell him anything to detailed,” Sori suggested, “he doesn’t need to know that we distrust his people. It will make him second guess himself and we can’t have him doing that.”

“Sori is right,” Kris sighed, “Jihu can’t start second guessing himself about anything right now. If he does…..thing could go very badly.”

“Alright,” Lina smiled, “I’ll just say that we want to train and we don’t want any agents coming along in interrupting us.”

“That will have to work,” Sori nodded.

“,” Luhan hissed when he noticed the time, “we’ve got to head to class. Lunch is almost over.”

“Can we go back to eating in the cafeteria?” Tao pouted, “What the heck is the point of eating all the way back here anyway?”

“We’re avoiding Lito,” Sehun explained.

“Why?” the vampire frowned, “he’s a cool kid.”

“I know,” Kai nodded, “we all like him. Well, besides Kris hyung, but…….”

“He doesn’t like Kris either,” D.O laughed, “and gives him a massive hard time, so it’s understandable.”

“But then why are we avoiding him if we all like him?” Tao scowled.

“He can’t know about all of this,” Sori spoke up, “about this coming war. I’m not going to let him get involved in any of this.”

“I’d do the same if I could,” Chen nodded in agreement, casting a worried look at Kai, “this is war and people die in war. I don’t want to take the chance that one of those people is gonna be my baby brother.”

“I’m not a baby,” Kai said, trying to cheer his brother up just a little. It didn’t work though.

“I’m thinking the same,” Jessica sighed, glancing over at Krystal who moved to hug her sister in hopes of removing the worried look from Jessica’s face.

“We don’t know that anyone is gonna die,” Chanyeol spoke up, silently hoping that he could cheer everyone one successfully, “we don’t even know if we’re gonna have some big, epic final battle. Maybe some good ISBIP agents will take down the leader of the bad guys and the enemy is gonna crumble without his or her to lead them.”

“That’s a hope,” Kris nodded.

“It’s not going to happen, though,” Baekhyun spoke up, expression dark, “we’re gonna end up fighting.”

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol whispered, unsure of what to do. The whole time he’d known Baekhyun, the other fallen had never looked so upset, so depressed. Baekhyun always tried to look to the bright side, to smile and cheer others up.

Ever since that mission, though……..

“We’ll be fine,” Hongbin spoke up, throwing his arms around Hyuk and Leo, “we’re powerful supernaturals. We can take on anything the bad guys can throw at us.”

“Hongbin is right,” Lay grinned, “we’ll be fine.”

Several of the others nodded in agreement. Several others didn’t. Sori attempted to give the others a confident smile, knowing that someone in her position shouldn’t let their worries be known to those fighting alongside them. And yet she couldn’t quite manage a smile on her own. Instead, Ravi had to take her hand and his encouraging smile brought a smile to her own lips.

Seconds later, her smile dropped as a new fear settled in her mind.

What if Ravi didn’t survive the battle to come? If she lost him…….she really didn’t know if she’d be able to handle it. Ravi seemed to figure out what was going on in her mind pretty fast, so he squeezed her hand in hopes of reassuring her that everything would be fine.

“Why don’t we go find Lito?” Ravi suggested, “Since Jihu canceled class today, he’s got to be around here someplace. We can find him and just hang out for a while. Or I can leave you two alone to talk. He really likes being alone with you to catch up.”

“No,” Sori smiled ever so slightly, “you should stay. Lito wants to get to know you.”

“Alright,” Ravi grinned brightly, “then let’s go find him. Heck, maybe you can even show both of us some tricks for shifting.”

“I’ve shown you some tricks already,” Sori giggled, “not sure if I have any more to show you.”

“Noona!” both turned to find Lito running over to them with four boys close behind him.

“Lito?” Sori asked as he wrapped his arms tightly around him, “what’s going on?”

“I wanted you to meet my friends,” Lito smiled, “and I wanted them to meet you. Can you believe that they didn’t believe you’re my big sister?”

“Can you blame us?” one of the boys spoke up, “no one’s ever heard of Sori having a sibling before. Naturally no one is gonna believe the first kid who goes around saying it.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Ravi shrugged, “they’ll all realize that it’s true soon. Lito, why don’t you introduce your friends?”

“Right,” Lito nodded, “noona, hyung. These are my friends.”

“Hi,” one of the boys said, stepping forewords, “I’m Lee seung tae, but everyone calls me Listen. I’m a werewolf.”

“I’m Qin Fen,” another said, waving brightly as Sori and Ravi, “but I go by Roi here at school. I’m a sorcerer.”

“Not a good one,” another of the boy teased, earning a sharp glare from Roi, “hey, it’s not my fault you almost drowned the teacher.” Ravi’s eyes widened. He’d heard about that from Ken, but couldn’t believe a kid as young as Roi had done something like that. Given, it was by accident, but to have that level of power…….

“I’m Ryu Jaehyuk,” said the third kid, interrupting Roi and the last boy’s little fight, “I’m a necromancer.”

“Really?” Sori smiled, “I’m sure Sehun and N will be happy to meet you.”

“I can’t wait to meet them,” Jaehyuk smiled brightly, “I’ve never met anyone else who could see the dead before.”

“I’m Lee Changsun,” the last boy said, “I’m a dragon.”

“It’s nice to meet all of you,” Sori said, “I’m Sori and this is my boyfriend Ravi.”

“Hi,” Ravi said, smile especially big after hearing Sori call him her boyfriend.

A/N: and enter the rest of Legend. Strongly suggest you guys check out the groups songs: Left out, Lost, I wanna Know, and the newest one Trace.