Over reaction

Dark Lake Academy

Ravi let out a loud yelp as Haruhi made another grab for his . As fast as he could, he ran to hide behind Leo and N. the older pair shared a look before shoving Ravi in front of them and running. The young shifter panicked before running away again.

“What are they doing?” Sehun asked, turning to Sori.

“Honestly?” she sighed, “I have no idea.”

“I think Haruhi calls this training,” Kris moved to stand beside the pair who had just arrived, “but then, you know what she considers training.”

“She does realize that this is serious, right?” Sori scowled lightly, “we have to train for real. We can’t play around. I don’t care how much she likes giving into her erted nature.”

“What was that?” Sori jumped in surprise as Haruhi suddenly appeared behind her.

Before Sori could react, Haruhi was groping her. Kris, Suho, Hyoyeon, and Hyuna all sighed while the others gasped. Ravi bit back a growl at seeing someone touching Sori like that without her permission. N ran over and pushed Haruhi away, pulling Sori into his arms that he wrapped around her protectively.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” he growled.

“N,” Sori hissed, trying to keep her voice down, “calm down. It’s alright.”

She could feel the scales starting to form along the exposed skin of his arms and knew that they couldn’t let that happen. N couldn’t expose what he really was. If he did, Sori knew nothing good could happen.

“Chill out,” Haruhi rolled her eyes, “I was just playing.”

“You grabbed her without Sori giving you the ok,” Ravi spoke up, making his way over, “how is that playing? It’s harassment.”

“Exactly,” N nodded.

“Crap,” Haruhi laughed, “you two are such prudes. I just d her.”

“Chill,” Kris snapped at the pair, “Haruhi is like this with everyone. She was like this with both of you a few minutes ago. Just calm the hell down.”

“Kris is right,” Sori sighed, pulling away from N, “calm down the both of you.”

N and Ravi gave Haruhi one last, long look before going back to where Leo, Hyuk, Ken, and Hongbin were waiting for them. Leo sent the pair disapproving looks before turning his attention to Jihu who had just entered the room. N looked down in shame, realizing just how much he had over reacted. He just….he didn’t like it when he saw someone touching Sori like that. Ravi just frowned. He didn’t see much problem with how he and N had acted and just couldn’t understand why everyone was acting like they had done something wrong.

“So,” Jihu sighed, looking around the room, “should I ask?”

“Probably not,” Suho tried to laugh, “So what brings you here? And why did you need to take Sori and Sehun this morning.”

“We met with some people,” Sori shrugged, “just some normal meeting stuff. They wanted to see how good Sehun was since necros like him are so rare. And it was just normal crap for me.”

“What Sori said,” Jihu nodded, “they had her talk to the ISBIP head in the US today. As for Sehun, they just tried to gage how powerful he is.”

“It didn’t work to well,” Sehun frowned, “they wanted me to show a soul into a body.”

“Why would they ask you to do that?” Hyuk scoffed, “they should realize you aren’t going to do that to a dead person.”

“They don’t share Sehun’s values,” Jihu explained, “they aren’t necros, so they can’t talk to the dead and understand why they don’t like it.”

“Jihu,” Haruhi spoke up, “that kid, N, what is he?”

Everyone froze. N’s heart sunk. Haruhi had realized he wasn’t normal, she must have noticed his aura change. He’d messed everything up all because he was being a stupid, jealous child. Now everything would be ruined. They would run tests on him or lock him up and maybe some of the others as well for hiding what he was. If they needed him in the fight with the bad guy, he wouldn’t be there to help and that could mean everyone died.

“He’s a changeling,” Jihu sighed, “I told you about this when we got here. Stop playing around, you’re scaring the kids.”

“Wait,” Kris frowned, “she’s known? For how long?”

“Since we got here,” Jihu explained, “you all know I trust her. Why wouldn’t I tell her?”

“She knew this whole time?” Suho bit back a small growl, “why didn’t you tell us? I mean, I get why you wouldn’t tell N, he needs to practice controlling his aura, but us? We’re on your side here, Jihu.”

“I didn’t tell you for the same reason I didn’t tell N,” Jihu sighed, “if you all thought it was dangerous, you’d keep an eye on N to make sure nothing happened. If you knew, then you wouldn’t be as careful. Plus, he’s a smart kid. If he noticed how you weren’t being super careful like him, he’d realize that something was up.”

“Fine,” Sori said after a long moment of silence, “but you need to stop keeping things from us.”

“I know,” Jihu sighed, “but being here……it’s hard to remember who you can talk to and who you can’t. Where it’s safe to talk and where you need to keep your mouth shut.”

“True,” Hyoyeon nodded in understanding, “for all we know, we could be surrounded by people working for the enemy. We need to keep as much secret as possible. Even if that means keeping things from each other.”

“We should figure out a way to communicate,” Kris said, “sometime we need to know things and when times like that come up we might not have the luxury of being able to vocalize those pieces of information.”

Everyone fell silent, trying to think of a way to do what Kris had suggested.

“Didn’t you tell me that the shifter kid is a dreamscaper?” Haruhi asked, sounding a little amazed that no one else had recalled this detail.

“Yeah, Jihu nodded, “but what does that have to do with anything?”

“Oh my god,” Haruhi sighed, “he can enter people’s heads. Every night, he can just wander around our dreams, collecting information and spreading it around. They can’t track him, they can’t listen into stuff like that. there are no other dreamscapers and the only nightmares in the building are either too weak to be able to retain important information when they wake up or on our side.”

“That could work,” Jihu nodded, a small smile forming on his face before he turned to Ravi, “could you do that?”

“I guess so,” Ravi nodded, looking very unsure of himself, “I’ve only ever entered Sori’s dreams, but I could practice tonight by entering someone else’s dreams r calling them into mine.”

“Great,” Jihu nodded, “practice with my dreams tonight. That way I’ll know right away if we have to think of something else.”

“I think now’s a good time to end training for the day,” Kris spoke up, “I need to make a few call to some of our friends who can’t be here, see if they’ve heard anything on their end.”

“I’ll help,” Hyuk grinned, rushing over to the dragon’s side, “I’ll call Chen and Kai.”

“I’ll help, too,” Sehun offered, “I can call Tao and D.O.”

Several of the others spoke up, all volunteering to call their friends who couldn’t join them. N watched them, still feeling horrible for his mistake before. If Haruhi wasn’t someone they could trust, he could have gotten them all in big trouble. He’d messed up, let his feelings do the thinking instead of his brain, and that .

“Relax,” he started when Haruhi came to a stop in front of him, “you are way to tense, kid.”

“I’m sorry,” N hung his head, “for before. I shouldn’t have acted like that.”

“You were protecting the girl you like,” Haruhi waved off his apology, “don’t worry about it. Happens to the best of them. Kris snapped at me a few times back in the day when I d Sori, Hyuna, or Yuri, too. Given, he just called me a erted old maid, but the feeling is the same.”

“I could have gotten all of us into trouble,” N sighed, “that’s not something you should wave off.”

“True,” she nodded, “but we can’t do everything perfectly on the first try. If we could, there wouldn’t be things called ‘mistakes.’”

N nodded, feeling a little bit better. Suddenly he felt something touching his and yelped.

“So cute,” Haruhi giggled at his bright red face, “I think I’m going to harass you more often. You’re face when you blush is just so cute.” She skipped off to bug Kris before N could say anything.

A/N: so, we have a confirmed ally in Haruhi and we know that N needs some help with his temper (both here and in my other story ‘Trusting Demons’ haha). Wonder what the phone calls to the other will turn up.