Faith

Dark Lake Academy

Lina followed after Chanyeol, tears running down her face as she silently cried. It hurt so much to see him, especially since he had no idea what had happened to her. When he found out…….Lina couldn’t help but recall that pained cry that had echoed through the halls thanks to Sori.

“Hey,” Baekhyun whispered, “do you think everyone is ok?”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol smiled, “I’m sure they’re all ok.”

Lina whimpered.

“Smell anything?” Suho asked Taeyang, “any blood?”

“Not around here,” the young vampire replied, “but, um, you….you and Baekhyun kind of smell of it and it’s a little confusing at times.”

“Sorry about that,” Suho frowned, looking down at his bloody shirt. It made him sick to see the blood and know that most of it belonged to Hyuk. If he could, he’d have ditched the cloths and changed into something else. But he couldn’t so he was stuck walking around in bloody cloths.

“I’m not in much better shape,” Baekhyun frowned, looking at his own blood spattered clothing.

“None of us are,” Krystal added, “outside of Chanyeol, we’ve all gotten a bit bloody.”

“And it makes smelling for trouble hard for me,” Taeyang sighed, “but I get that you guys can’t do anything about it. It’s cool. I’ll just have to work around it.”

“Maybe we should have tried practicing that with you,” Suho scowled slightly, “you and the other vampires. We were stupid not to think of something like that being an important skill to learn.”

“So many people,” Chanyeol sighed, smile fading, “and we didn’t consider a lot of things. Maybe if we had……some things would have turned out differently.”

“My nose is fine,” Krystal was quick to say, knowing that they couldn’t think about the bad things. Not right now.

“Good,” Suho nodded, “see if you can scout out anything.”

“Right,” the shifter nodded before shifting into a small animal and rushing off.

“I’m worried,” Chanyeol whispered to Baekhyun as the four waited for Krystal’s return.

“What do you mean?” the other fallen asked, “do you have a feeling that something’s happening?”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol nodded, looking off in the direction they had come from, “I wonder……if I should go back. Check on N’s group.”

“No,” Baekhyun said after a moment of thought, “I’m sure that they’re fine.”

“I’m not sure,” Chanyeol sighed, shifting his weight and for a moment Baekhyun wondered if his friend was going to take off running down the hall.

“Don’t,” Baekhyun scowled, grabbing hold of the other’s arm in a tight grip so that he couldn’t just run off, “you could very well put yourself in more danger by going back.”

“But,” Chanyeol started to say, only to be cut off.

“No,” Baekhyun almost yelled, “you stay here. What would Lina think if you left and died? She’d be devastated!”

“I know,” Chanyeol sighed, hanging his head in defeat.

“So you’re going to stay?” the fallen asked, loosening his grip slightly.

“I’ll stay,” Chanyeol tried to smile.

“Good,” Baekhyun grinned, “because if I lost you? I’d probably go crazy. I’m already ting bricks at the idea of what could be happening to Lina after your little “I’ve got a bad feeling’ thing.”

“I know.”

“You two are my best friends,” Baekhyun kept going, “I don’t know what I’d do without you guys. Probably go and join, like, a crime organization or something stupid like that.”

“I don’t think you’d do something like that,” Chanyeol ruffled the shorter fallen’s hair, “you’ve got more sense then that.”

“Maybe.”

“And other friends.”

“Not like you and Lina.”

“I’ve got faith in you,” Chanyeol finally just shrugged, “and I know it’s not misplaced faith.”

Baekhyun smiled.

He was exaggerating when he said he’d join a criminal group if he lost his friends. He wasn’t that stupid. But if he lost Chanyeol and Lina, he probably would do something horrible. At least until their other friends picked him up out of his grief.

But Chanyeol said he had faith that he wouldn’t lose himself to his sadness. That he wouldn’t do something bad. And Baekhyun decided he wasn’t gonna let Chanyeol’s faith be misplaced.

“Back,” Krystal panted, “we’ve gotta move. We’ve got a group of about twenty coming this way. We can’t fight that.”

“Let’s go,” Suho waved everyone off in another direction, “quickly, before they get here.”

A/N: it was a little hard to write this week, Marvel is taking up most of my brain space haha Civil War is so good~~~~~ and Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D is killing my feels so……..yeah, so much Marvel on the brain.