A Plan Not Thought Out

Dark Lake Academy

A/N: got both versions of Fire Emblem Fates today (and it was not easy. Took a few stops before finding a place that wasn’t sold out of physical copies). I just started chapter 3 of Birthright and I’m thus far in love with it, so……you probably aren’t gonna hear from me for a while. Sorry (kind of) but…..Fire Emblem…..I’ve been waiting on these games for a little over a year……

Ravi, Hyoyeon, Heesun, and Jessica all froze, blood running cold.

“Did…..?” Jessica started to ask when the three shifters and lone werewolf heard another cry of pain. Or was it fear. Honestly, it was probably both all things considered. The really scary thing for the group was that……they all knew that voice.

“What?” Ken questioned, looking between the three, “what’s going on?”

“We heard a scream,” Hyoyeon replied, voice weak with pain and fear, “someone…..someone is….being hurt I think.”

“Someone?” Ken pressed, biting his lips in worry, “is……..do we know……know the one…..screaming?”

“I think….I think,” Jessica tried to say, tears running down her face at the implication of her own words, “that it’s Lito.”

Ken felt his own blood freezing in his veins.

Ravi looked at the floor, a low, deep growl bubbling up from deep inside.

Jessica’s knees gave out when she heard another scream, sobbing as hard as she could.

Heesun said nothing at she caught Jessica, unsure how she wanted to respond; cry like Jessica or scream in anger?

Hyoyeon fought the urge to put her fist through the wall, instead focusing on wiping away Jessica’s tears.

“We can’t wait any longer,” Ravi suddenly said, “we need to do something.”

“We have to wait for the others,” Hyoyeon told him, but her words were weak and without feeling. Clearly, she was saying that because he was supposed to, not because she wanted to or believed her words.

“We don’t know if they’ll get here in time,” Ravi replied, “and Lito and Jihu need our help now.”

“We’re our numbered and powered,” Heesun spoke up, words slightly less hollow then Hyoyeon’s. but only just.

“If we’re sneaky enough,” Ravi told the other, “are carefully enough, it will be fine.”

“We have to leave Jihu for now,” Ken decided to add his voice to the conversation, “there are too many guards and with his injuries…….I don’t think we’re in a place to help him just let.”

“Fine,” Ravi nodded after a moment of thought, “but we need to get Lito now.”

“We…we have to wait for the others,” Hyoyeon tried one last time to protest, but Ravi and Ken were already leaving.

“Should we stop them?” Heesun wondered, “we can do that. We’re strong enough.”

“I don’t know,” Hyoyeon sighed, sinking to the ground and pulling a still sobbing Jessica into her arms, “I don’t know what to do. I’m…….I’m not a leader, I don’t know how to give orders and have people follow them. I don’t know how to make them come back.”

“It will be alright,” Heesun assured her, moving to sit beside her, “thing…….things will work out.”

“I hope you’re right,” the shifter sighed. Heesun watched her friends for a moment before getting up.

 

--

 

“,” Ravi growled, watching as Jihoo walked around Lito’s sobbing form from the place him and Ken were hiding.

“We need a plan,” Ken replied, “Jihoo has to leave sometime right?”

“He does have other things to do,” Ravi nodded, wincing when Jihoo kicked Lito across the room, “he’s in charge of all this, right? At some point….”

“He can’t kill Lito,” Ken assured his friend, “he needs him, remember? To use against Sori?”

“Right,” Ravi nodded, “we just…..we need to wait until he leaves. Then we’ll grab Lito and head back to the girls.”

The pair fell silent once more, watching as Jihoo kicked and taunted Lito for a while longer before he left.

“Now,” Ravi hissed once he was sure Jihoo was really gone.

“Lito?” Ken asked once he got to the little shifter’s side, checking him over carefully, “you awake?”

“Mommy,” Lito sobbed, voice weak and eyes closed, “I’m scared.”

“He’s taken a few too many blows to the head I think,” Ken reported, “he’s kind of out of it. Or maybe Jihoo drugged him and he’s not over it yet.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Ravi hissed, “we just need to get him out of here.”

“Oh my,” the pair turned when they heard a new voice, this one female, from elsewhere in the room, “you really think We’re just going to let you leave?”

“After all the trouble we had getting here?”Another female voice laughed, “yeah right.”

“Hyojung and Hyojoo,” Ravi growled, “somehow, I’m not shocked.”

He remembered those girls very well. He’d only met the dragon sisters once, back when Yuri was still in the medical building and before the dorm attack, but they left a rather lasting impression. A negative one. They looked down on kids like Sori and Kris, they thought the different supernatural types should stick with their own, and they were just all around nasty people to be around.

“Well,” Ken hissed, “that explains how Jihoo got his hands on Lito.”

“I hope you’re both ready to die,” Hyojung smirked, “well, actually only one of you is going to die.”

“The spell caster, right?” Hyojoo clarified, “we can use the shifter against that .”

“Yeah,” Hyojung nodded.

“Run,” Ravi whispered to Ken, “I’ll try to distract them, just get Lito out of here.”

“I’m not leaving you,” Ken replied, getting into a fighting stance beside his brother. Ravi frowned, but let him be since he knew he couldn’t do anything to change Ken’s mind.

A/N: alright, honest answers: who actually remembers the dragon sisters? Also, another honest answer: who thought Ravi was gonna wait until the others showed up and find out about his brother? And final question that I want an answer for: who’s mad at me?