29

What Matters

 

Siwon didn’t know what to feel first, chagrin or pride over his sister as he watched their youngest subtly embarrass Kang Heekyung before Seoul’s upper class.

“What..are you saying..child?” Her eyes widened, Inhye just smiled.

“I’m just worried for you, you were the one who took care of me for some time, my eomma,” Inhye nodded towards Mrs. Choi, who smiled back at her, clearly, impressed with her daughter.

“Asked me to check on you, its already embarrassing enough to be dragged out of a five star hotel, right?” Inhye smiled tightly as she felt gazes on her.

“Everyone, I’m sorry if I seem rude, but I would like to introduce myself,”

Khun and Siwon stepped forward, from afar Kai was watching her, studying her every move.

He knew of course that Inhye would not just blurt out who she really was. But somehow, he didn’t know what anticipate from her.

“I was that lady earlier, miss Kang here got mad at me. She lost her temper at me, resulting to my friend stepping up, I don’t want to mention names but you all know who he is.” Inhye grinned at Kai.

Heekyung was turning red, she was fuming.

“I just want to apologize for the stressed I must have caused you and KimSan Group. I’m Lee Inhye, surgeon at Kwanghye University Hospital.” Inhye smiled before turning back to her two brothers.

 

 

“Nice.” Kai commented dryly. Inhye shrugged at him, she was sitting outside the hall.

“Why did you mention your name?”

“Oh, you were expecting I’d tell them I was JeGuk’s child too?” Inhye rolled her eyes.

“I’m being serious, doc.” Kai replied before draping his coat around her shoulders.

“Well, I checked the articles, people were speculating that you were keeping a woman at the hotel and Heekyung found out. I wanted to clear your name as well as put her back in her place.”

Kai’s brows furrowed.

“You’re risking your name here too.”

“Kai,” Inhye faced him.

“I know that someday, I’ll have to give up, you know.”

“And if that day comes?” Kai asked.

“I don’t really know, but now…that I’m..how do I say this..old?”

“You mean you’ve matured.” Kai gave her a sour look. Inhye grinned and nudged his arm.

“Right, I don’t think I really need to hide who I am, I just wanted to aim at something for myself, be recognized of what I can do and not for which family I came from.”

Kai grinned before wrapping his arms around her.

“For a young lady, you understand this society pretty well, doc.”

 

Inhye fidgeted uncomfortably as her family joined her at the table, Mrs. Choi kept her expression polite, but she could feel her mom felt somewhat happy.

“That was nice!” Khun grinned as he plopped down, Siwon sent her a dry look.

“Humiliating her in public,” Mrs. Choi started with a stern tone, but her face broke into a smile.

“Was something I always wanted to try, my daughter.”

The three siblings chuckled.

“But, you know how this will turn right? More people will ask about you.” Siwon asked worriedly.

“I know oppa, I’m almost done with med school anyway.”

Khun and Siwon stared at her, Mrs. Choi leaned forward.

“After my graduation and getting my license, I’m going to come out as JeGuk’s daughter.”

Mrs. Choi smiled at her daughter.

“I’m sure your grandfather would love to hear that.”

“But…when is your graduation?” Khun asked, Siwon turned to her.

“Next week.” Inhye smiled.

 

“Hmm, the press.” Luhan mused, Inhye tugged on her lab gown again and peeked by his shoulders to read the article opened on his tablet.

“They’re all talking about how you called JeGuk’s first lady, eomma and how you seem close to the two brothers.”

Inhye nodded, impressed by the number of articles already coming out.

“You actually like it.” Luhan balked.

“I’ve been thinking, hiding wont erase the fact that…I’m..”

“I get it, but..”

Luhan looked up and saw Kai walking to them, he saw how Inhye’s smile changed as she saw him.

But what the two didn’t see was how the hospital staff stared at them as they chatted.

Luhan frowned.

The people around them where whispering.

Why?

 

 

Because Inhye was rumored to be dating the owner of the hospital she was working in.

Now everyone doubts whether the praises about her were actually true or were they just made up from the higher offices.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++