22

What Matters

 

 

 

 

“Try to..talk to her.” Siwon muttered over the phone, Khun sighed from the other line.

“I’ll be back in two weeks time, watch over Inhye.”

“I will, hyung. I..dont know, is she okay being alone?”

“Kai’s with her, she will be fine.”

Khun smiled.

“So you do trust Kai with her?”

“I do, somehow..ever since they became friends, Inhye’s become more…cheerful and outgoing.”

 

 

“I don’t get you,” Luhan said as Inhye placed the charts on the desk, she gave the nurse a smile before turning to her friend.

“You’ve been..avoiding him the past few years, then poof!”

“You’re seen at the racetrack with him, lucky you, they didn’t find out who the hell you’re family is.”

Inhye sighed as she walked with Luhan and his outburst.

“I even asked you not to see him.”

“I don’t know, Lu, he seems~”

“I don’t care if he’s nice!” He groaned, Inhye shook her head.

“Luhan~”

Inhye noticed Kai walking over to them.

“So, I’m here to babysit.” He commented as he stopped before them, Luhan shook his hand.

“Good, just so you know she’s not allowed to communicate with this guy who drives a GTR and~”

Inhye shoved him away with a sigh.

Kai chuckled at her.

“Babysit, really?” Inhye sent him a withering look as they walked towards the elevator.

“Well, Khun hyung gave me your schedule and I’m here to bring you to lunch.”

 

Himchan’s brows rose as he noticed a silver Ferrari pull over in front of the restaurant they were eating at.

“Have a guess.” He said, Yongguk and Youngjae looked up.

“Playboy, I think.”

“Middle aged man with a young girl.” Youngjae said.

“A young girl half his age.” Himchan nodded, then they studied the car again.

Daehyun shook his head at his friends oddness.

Then they paused.

 

Inhye grinned as Kai opened the door.

“Good, you waited for me to open the door.” Kai grinned at her. Inhye smiled and slung her Gucci purse around her shoulder.

“You know, Kai, if we keep on going out like this, you might get more scandals and~” Inhye turned and pressed her finger on his chest with a grin.

“It might get more troublesome than babysitti~” Inhye felt someone tug on her wrist and made her turn back.

“Daehyun-ah!” She balked.

“I was calling you.” Daehyun said, Inhye felt Kai’s hand pressed firmly on her back.

 

Kai’s brows furrowed as he glanced at Daehyun and Inhye.

“I..was busy,… surgery.” Inhye murmured.

“This is..surgery?” Daehyun asked, briefly glancing at Kai.

“Let go.” Inhye tried to pull her wrist back, but Daehyun just tugged her forward.

“Dae, ple~”

Kai stepped right in between of her and Daehyun, his back facing her.

“I don’t think she wants to talk.” Kai said in his unusually cold tone. Inhye felt his fingers around her wrist, then she was free.

“Who are you?” Daehyun asked him hotly, Inhye’s brows furrowed slightly.

“Kai, let’s go.” She tugged on the sleeve of his coat.

“Wait, Inhye, tell me honestly, is he why~”

“No, its not because of him, the reason why I went with you that day was for friendship’s sake.” She looked at him straightly.

“In~”

“I know, I…I can’t do this again, Dae. Let’s not meet again.” She looked up and smiled at him.

“You know, dating him you’ll have to give up everything.” Daehyun said.

“Give up? What?”

“What you’ve worked hard for, keeping your family.”

Kai felt Inhye tense beside him, and then she smiled and gently took Kai’s hand.

 

 

 

“Honestly, Dae, I have nothing to lose.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++