8

What Matters

 

 

Inhye eyed her brother warily, it was already late in the evening.

“Here.” She handed the coat to Kai. Khun’s brows rose up.

“I had to rush to the hospital~”

“Ah, tube top.” Khun murmured, Kai looked at the two siblings.

“Then, I should get going.” He started, Inhye nodded and walked him to the door, before he could take hold of the knob.

“Thanks, I didn’t get to say that earlier.” She smiled at him, then again, Kai felt his chest tighten.

He just smiled back before leaving.

 

“I don’t know if I should be doing this, but oppa, you…were kind of stupid last night.” Inhye said as Siwon joined her in the kitchen, a freshly showered Khun, who just came from morning practice nodded.

Siwon winced at her reproach.

“If you have a problem, why not talk about it? You both know I’m always a phone call away, oppas.” She stressed on the last word.

“Haraboji marrying you off, I can talk to him if you want.”

“We have a party today, just an opening, will you be there?” Siwon dodged her statement, Inhye sighed.

“I’ll be there.” She said before grabbing her running shoes.

 

Inhye’s brows furrowed as she let her legs push her further. Her older brother was the one who always obeyed the family, he took over the company just as thei father wanted to. For her, she studied on her own and became a resident, not even batting an eyelash as business schools called to her. Khun was different, he obeyed, yes, he took his claim to the family name but still he had the whole ice hockey athlete going on.

Inhye winced, Siwon was the one who sacrificed for them, but now, why is he being sacrificed?

She bit her lip, maybe she should see who the girl he was being arranged with.

“Doctor?” A deep voice joined her thoughts, she turned, Kai was jogging beside her.

“Inhye.” She stated, Kai grinned at her.

“I’m curious about something.”

She looked at him before nodding.

“Is your identity a secret of some sort?”

“Well, it’s something I don’t like people knowing, I can trust you with that, right?”

“I guess Khun hyung didn’t fill you in?”

“Oh, you being one of the troublemakers in the business world?” She grinned.

“So, you have heard of me.”

“Sort of, but its cool.” She nodded, letting her younger side show briefly.

Kai smiled.

“Still I don’t understand how you came up with me dating Jeguk’s sons though.”

 

 

Inhye was making her way to the resting room when she saw someone familiar. The lady who almost slapped her the other time.

Semi.

Kai knew the lady. Now she was arguing loudly with the nurses. Inhye sighed.

“Chaebol girls.”  She chuckled to herself at the irony before rushing to the room.

“So, this neighbor knows now.” Luhan said, Inhye nodded, chewing on one of the cookies he brought from China. Luhan knew everything, he was the best friend Inhye could never keep things from.

“And you trust this…person to not tell anyone who you are..?”

“It’s okay, I guess.” She shrugged.

“You have the party later, leave.” Luhan poked her shin with his shoe. Inhye smiled and stood up and squeezed her friend in a hug.

“I think I have to mess things up a little.”

 

Khun smiled politely as he greeted the elders and other people. The party was going on well, but something was bothering him.

Will his grandfather announce the engagement?

Siwon was chatting with one of their investors when Kai walked in. He greeted Khun warmly.

“Hyung.”

“Ya, did you come from the hospital? How’s uncle?”

“He’s well now, hyung. Thanks to your sister.” Kai mused, placing his hands in his pockets suavely.

“I would like to get everyone’s attention,”

Khun winced. The elder Choi was at the platform, Khun saw Yoo Semi walking through the crowd.

“I would like to announce that my eldest grandson, Siwon is engaged with Yoo Semi. Please, look over them well.”

Kai’s brows rose briefly, then he stopped as his eyes stopped on someone.

Inhye.

She was here.

 

 

And she looked gorgeous.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++