21

What Matters

“It’s her appendix!” Inhye frowned behind her mask, she felt Nurse Jo dab the sweat on her forehead.

“We might need Doctor Song and doctor Xi for this, it may have complications to her heart.” Her professor said, Inhye nodded and pressed the gauze on the open wound before grabbing her forceps.

“We need to disinfect again.”

 

Luhan was sitting inside the office when he noticed the day’s paper arrive. He stood up and thanked the deliveryman before picking up the paper.

Then he paused.

Daehyun was on the front page, and it wasn’t a welcome back article.

It was rumor again and Inhye was in the picture with him.

Luhan sighed and put down the paper, then his phone rang.

“You’re needed at the surgery, doctor.”

 

Kai eyed the paper dubiously before getting in his office. Surely, Inhye would be grilled again.

He tried to push the peeved feeling he was starting to have.

He sat down on his desk and started to call for his secretary.

“Yes, director, you have a meeting today with Seowoo Banking Group and Woolsan Construction wanted to meet with you.”

“What time with Seowoo?” He looked up.

“In two hours, I~”

Kai’s phone started to ring, his brows rose as he noticed Khun’s phone number.

 

Inhye rubbed the back of her neck as she stepped out of the operating room, she was already out of her gown, now she was clad in her scrubs, Luhan and Doctor Song were finishing the operation inside.

She yawned slightly before heading towards the elevator, then she felt someone tug on her wrist.

“Wh~”

“Oppa!” She balked as she noticed Siwon standing before her, some of the nurses and doctors were staring at them.

“Did you see today’s paper?”

Inhye blinked and shook her head.

“Not..yet, but~”

Siwon sighed and pulled her towards the elevator.

“Oppa, I need~”

“Home, now.” He snapped at her.

 

The middle aged lady, dressed in a Chanel pantsuit smiled softly and took off her glasses. She put down the newspaper and glanced at the view of the busy New York streets beneath her loft.

“It seems that my Inhye’s all grown up.” She chuckled to herself.

She looked at her secretary and her brows rose.

“Book the jet for a flight, it’s…an emergency.”

She smiled to herself before picking up a glass of champagne.

 

Inhye was surprised to see Kai and Khun inside her condo. Kai looked at her sheepishly before jutting his lips towards her second older brother.

“Uhmm…hi?” She murmured before taking off her coat.

“We asked you..nicely not meet him.” Khun started as he faced her. Inhye noticed the paper on the coffee table, she winced.

“Inhye, did you forget what happened? That man, he’s dangerous!”

Siwon remained quiet.

Inhye shook her head.

“I just went with him and we just talked, some of my friends were there too, oppa.”

“That’s not the point, you’re not supposed to see him, did you forget?!” Khun snapped at her.

“Inhye, he’s not safe, you know that yourself.” Siwon said calmly.

“Oppa, this is going out of hand, I can take care of myself! And I have no idea why you have to drag Kai into this! Can’t I make my own decisions now? Meet whom I want to?” She replied.

“In~”

“I wont hear it, I wont listen. I will meet Daehyun if I want to~”

“You will not!” Siwon finally raised his voice, Kai looked away.

“When you were with him, you almost died!”

Inhye looked away, her eyes were already starting to redden with tears.

“Ya, Kim Jongin,” She spoke.

“Yeah?” Kai looked up.

“It seems that you just got dragged here, can I drag you out? I don’t feel like dealing with these two.”

 

“It seems like you’re the only guy I can be seen together with.” Inhye muttered as they entered the park. Kai shrugged off his coat and wrapped it around her.

“They seem to despise him.” He stated.

“It’s…all my fault, Daehyun..he’s..he~”

“Drag racer? I know.”

Inhye smiled and wrapped one arm around his and leaned her head on his shoulder as they walked.

“One night, I didn’t tell anyone I was going out..with him, we were at the race track. He was…talking on the phone while I looked around when suddenly…one car just….appeared out of nowhere and it..purposely hit me.”

Kai halted, but Inhye just shook her head.

“That..person, the driver was Daehyun’s rival. That’s why…my brothers..dont want me to be with him.”

“Did..you love him?” Kai asked without looking at her.

“Yes.” Inhye smiled to herself.

“Do…you still love him?”

Inhye stopped walking and looked up to face him.

 

 

“I forgot to buy dog food for the kids.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++