25

What Matters

Inhye entered the hall quietly; she saw her older brother and gave Khun a wave. She grinned as she noticed his stressed impression.

She looked around and fished out the card key from her purse.

“I don’t think so.” A deep voice came behind her.

“Kai.” She turned and grinned at him. He was dressed casually in a white button shirt, he had rolled up the sleeves to his shoulders and a pair of beige chinos.

“My plus one?” He raised a brow at her.

“I’m too suspicious to be my brother’s plus one.” She murmured. Inhye studied the people around her.

“No blood and scalpel talk in here, doc.”

“Scalpel talk, really?”

Kai chuckled before pulling her towards his friends.

 

“Yes, I heard about it.” Inhye nodded, Kai was standing besides her watching as Inhye conversed with the guys.

“Doctor Lee?” Khun walked to them, Inhye glanced up.

“Director.” She gave him a quick bow.

“I have a few questions, please?” Khun offered his arm to her. Kai saw the twitch of Inhye’s lips before she complied.

“Is she close with the family?” Chanyeol asked.

“She’s really smart, how did you get someone like her?” Suho asked in awe.

“She’s my neighbor, she’s the one who operated on abeoji on the spot. She has close ties with Jeguk too.”

“A talented young lady, so, why are you not asking her out?” Suho looked at him.

“Hyung~”

“It’s obvious like her, but why..” Chanyeol pursed his lips, Kai just smiled and glanced at Inhye who looked like she was arguing with her brother, as usual.

 

“Really?” Inhye looked surprised.

“He booked the earliest flight, I don’t know why.”

“Maybe he misses us?”

Khun rolled his eyes, times like this, he preferred speaking English to his sister.

“Well that’s good then, you wont be so…in demand.” Inhye glanced at the other young ladies who were checking out her sibling.

“I want to look around the beach, call me when oppa comes?”

Khun gave her a nod, not forgetting to kiss her cheek before letting her go.

 

Inhye plopped on one of the lounge chairs, she took out her phone before looking at the view.

“Away from the business atmosphere?” Kai grinned as he sat on the sand beside her. Inhye glanced at him.

“Your eomma looked for you earlier, haraboji too.”

“I know, I agreed to meet them later, but,” Inhye turned to face him.

“Oppa~”

Inhye glanced up, Jangmi was jogging to them clad in a cerulean bikini. Kai stood up to meet her.

“Are you going for a swim?” He asked, Jangmi nodded and grabbed him by the arm.

“My parents are here too, they want to meet you! Let’s go.”

Inhye sat up, Kai was looking at her, as if asking for permission. She felt Jangmi’s gaze on her.

“I’ll look for you later.” Inhye nodded, Kai’s brows furrowed before following Jangmi. Inhye studied the two as they started to walk away.

Inhye exhaled and tossed her phone back in her purse with a thud.

 

Inhye was typing away on her laptop while talking with her professor on the phone, before her the beach was failing at tempting her. Typical Lee Inhye.

She was now clad in a fitted tank top and ripped shorts. Her hair was in a high ponytail and her skin slightly sun kissed. She paused as a waiter placed a cup of orange colored liquid beside her.

“Compliments from Director Horvejkul, also, miss, he asks you to be at the dinner tonight.”

“Yes, thank you.” Inhye nodded, she looked up and saw Kai talking with her older brother. She glanced around her, she noticed a few ladies of different ages all giggling while looking at the water. She followed their gazes.

tumblr_mxfp5chnXW1qln2ueo1_400.gif

Inhye chuckled before picking up her glasses again, then she felt someone pull it from her grasp.

“Oppa.” She addressed her other brother, Kai plopped beside her, leaning on her side.

“You’ve been…studying.” Kai gagged. Inhye shouldered him playfully, then she glanced around, now the ladies were staring at her second brother, Khun was only wearing a pair of red board shorts, showing his well built chest.

“Athletes.” She spat before standing.

“We’re going for a walk, come on.” Kai dragged her before Khun could retort.

 

“You don’t look so well. You’re…jumpy.” Kai murmured as they walked, Inhye could feel eyes on them, but she just shrugged.

“Jangmi doesn’t seem to treat you like a brother.” She chuckled, Kai nodded.

“Inhye, about Dae~”

“It’s fine, don’t bother about~”

“No, I should bother.” Kai stopped, Inhye turned to him.

“Kai, he’s just a part of my past that~”

“I asked you if you still have feelings for him.”

Inhye bit her lip.

“Must you ask that?”

“I like you so, I need to know.”

Inhye’s gaze snapped right at him, she heard Kai sigh and stepped towards her, he cupped her left cheek gently.

 

 

 

“I have to know.” He smiled before pecking the corner of her lips.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++