1

What Matters

 

“Start beating.”

“Start beating.”

Everyone in the OR felt tensed and nervous, the nurse patted the surgeon’s forehead to wipe away his sweat.

Inhye bit her lip behind her mask, she was in her fourth year of residency at the General Surgery Department, she looked at her sunbae.

Then the heart started to beat again.

Everyone in the room exhaled.

“Thanks.” He murmured.

“Dr. Lee, suture him, I’ll leave everything to you.”

“Yes, understand.” She nodded once before turning to the nurse.

 

Inhye rubbed the back of her neck as she stepped out of her department’s office. Her white lab gown looked pristine but she couldn’t hide the sleepless night she suffered.

She had to make her rounds before her shift ends, she was about to step towards the elevator when suddenly a bouquet of tulips appeared before her.

“You don’t look so well.” A voice said, Inhye shook her head and got the flowers, her brother’s smile welcomed her.

“Have you eaten?” Siwon asked.

“Not yet, oppa, what brings you here?”

The nurses at the nurse station were all staring at her brother, Inhye winced and pulled him to the elevator.

 

“Khun has a game next week, make sure to come.”

Inhye nodded hugging the flowers closer to her.

“Then you cant join me for lunch?” Siwon smiled, Inhye glanced at him, he was clad in a navy suit and a white shirt. She smiled, somehow her older brother always managed to look good.

“Sorry, president, I can.”

Siwon snorted before the doors opened.

“Then, go home early, don’t eat fastfood too.” He grinned and  rubbed her hair before leaving.

 

“Who was it?” Nurse Jo asked as Inhye returned. Inhye smiled.

“Every time he come, he brings flowers, Doctor Lee.”

No one knew at the hospital, and she preferred it that way. The moment they find out her relationship with JeGuk Group, she would be treated differently.

“He’s so good looking, and why do you always send him away?” Nurse Jo slapped her shoulder, Inhye chuckled.

“I have a reason.”

“Sunbae! Professor is looking for you.”

She nodded at him, then she handed the flowers to her hoobae.

“Look for a vase.” She said before.

“Again, sunbae?” He chuckled.

“It’s from someone..clingy, a little.” She murmured before walking to the office.

 

Inhye punched in the code and the door opened, then she was greeted by her two dogs. Snow, her ten month old male Siberian Husky and Coco, her eight month old male Rottweiler pup. She smiled before putting her things down and proceeded to the kitchen.

“Inhye baby!”

She sighed, her second older brother was grinning at her.

“Oppa, I thought you had practice.”

Khun nodded before placing a bowl of soup on the table, Snow at his heels. Inhye sighed.

“Siwon hyung told me you were skipping meals again.”

“But I can feed myself, Nichkhun-ssi.”

“Sure.” Khun rolled his eyes at her.

“Eat this, then we’re going shopping.”

 

“Go away.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++