33

What Matters

 

 

 

The nurse swallowed tightly as the young doctor stood before her.

“I want to see his chart.” Inhye said again.

“I’m sorry, doctor Lee, but doctor Xi instructed~”

“I’m also a doctor of this hospital, how am I not allowed to see a patient’s chart?” She questioned, her arms crossed.

Luhan finally emerged from the operating room, his mask dangling from his ear.

Kai’s parents stood up and walked to him.

“The surgery was a success, right now we are moving him to a private room.” He said politely before turning to Inhye.

“The chart, Luhan. I want to see.”

Luhan sighed and gave the head nurse a nod.

From afar, Siwon and Khun watched as their sister grabbed the chart from the nurse and turn away from the older lady.

“I never saw her so…bossy.” Siwon wondered.

“She’s frustrated hyung, you can see it. It’s what she does best, saving people and someone special to her was in danger, and she wasn’t able to do anything to help.”

 

 

Inhye entered the room quietly, she glanced around before sighing. Kai lay flat on the bed, his left arm in a cast and there was a bandage around his forehead.

Internal bleeding in the head, luckily Luhan and doctor Moon were both able to locate immediately.

She sat on the stool beside him and gently took her hand in his.

“I wont ask for a lot, but…please wake up.” She smiled before letting go and gently kissed his cheek.

“Like you what you did, I’ll wait for you, Kai.”

 

 

Inhye looked up as Kang Heekyung barged in the dining room as she ate with her mother and two siblings.

“I demand an apology from you, you rotten brat.” Heekyung hissed. Siwon was about to stand when his sister’s cold but silent voice stopped him from doing so.

“I demand you to get out of my house.” She said without looking up.

“My house~” Heekyung scoffed.

Inhye turned to her.

“Right, my house. In case you’ve forgotten. I’m Jeguk’s daughter now.”

Heekyung visibly tensed.

“I thank you for taking care of me for a short time back then, although you just did all that in the hopes that my father would repay you, but I don’t think I should feel the need to thank you more. So, please, get out. As you can see, we’re having a family dinner.”

The butler kindly escorted the intruder back to the front door.

Khun turned back to his food, with a proud smile. Mrs. Choi chuckled silently before taking her wine.

“I didn’t know you had it in you, baby girl.” Siwon mused, Inhye just shrugged.

 

Luhan leaned on the desk and watched as the young lady stared at Inhye menacingly.

“It’s over visiting hours.” Inhye said, Jangmi’s eyed narrowed at her.

“I’m close with the family.”

“Even the family isn’t allowed in.”

“They own the hospital.” Jangmi almost hissed, Inhye just leaned on the door, her lips twitching up slightly.

“If something goes wrong with him, I’m sure the family wont be the ones to stitch him back again, right?”

“Are you joking with me? Just a doctor~”

Inhye shrugged at her.

“It’s clearly stated here, miss, visiting hours, one to three in the afternoon, it’s already four.”

“You know I’m close with Kai.”

“I’m sorry, I can’t let you in.”

“I’m calling the director, he’s my uncle.”

 

 

“Call all you want, I need to check up on your precious oppa, anyway.” Inhye sent her a quick sarcastic smile before letting herself in.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++