11

What Matters

Inhye nodded along as Kai talked, somehow she felt quite comfortable with his owner and his 120 lb. Rottweiler who was happily on her heels as she ate.

“So, are you really going to prevent hyung from getting tied?”

“The thoughts I have about Yoo Semi might not sound pleasant to you, isn’t she your friend?”

Kai shrugged gently tugging on his pet’s leash.

“I don’t really have a good opinion on her~” Inhye bumped onto someone, Kai managed to pull her arm back.

“I’m sorry,” She bowed politely.

“I don’t have a good opinion on her loco motor skills too.” Kai chuckled lightly before letting her go.

“Don’t start with me, mister Kim Jongin.”

Kai smiled, no one dared to call him his full name.

“But you, you know a lot about my family, tell me about yours.” She turned to him, taking Ryder’s leash from his hand.

“Well, what do you know?”

“What Khun oppa told me,” She corrected.

“Well, KimSan Group, hospitals, malls and stadiums.”

“That’s basically it, JeGuk-ssi.”

“And troublemaker, I still don’t get that part though, you clean up pretty well.” She said bluntly, patting the lapels of his coat.

Kai smiled and looked away, somehow when he was with her he felt relaxed but yet he was fidgety. It was like Inhye could read him.

And he had a feeling, that the fidgeting and always looking for her was somehoe a sign.

 

“Lunch?” Inhye murmured as she climbed the stairs, Luhan was beside her, eating. Siwon nodded as he kept pace with the two.

“At home?” She asked again.

“Yes, I even invited the Kims over, haraboji and~”

“I know, good friends.”

“Aren’t you good friends with Kai too, little girl?” Siwon pinched her cheek slightly, Luhan chuckled.

“Luhan too, come over for lunch tomorrow.” Siwon said.

“I’ll try hyung.”

“Then, I’ll be at the office, see you tomorrow.” He smiled before leaving them.

“I have a feeling Semi’s going to be there.” Inhye crossed her arms, tucking the records and charts under.

“She’s going to have to recognize you, JeGuk’s little girl.”

Inhye slapped his arm.

“So, Kai, huh?”

“Yeah, Mister Kim’s doing well right? When do you think he’ll be discharged?”

“Maybe a week more, his test results are well, we just need to see how he’ll recuperate with the new suppelements.”

“That’s good, how’s the outpatient with the gunshot wound?”

“He’s doing well, but his stab wound,” Luhan said as they arrived at their department.

“Thigh.” Inhye nodded while jotting down.

“Is showing some signs of tetanus, can you take care of that?” Luhan asked.

“Yeah, I can~ Oh.” She paused.

Luhan followed her gaze.

“I saw you, what is it with you that Siwon oppa has to come here and see you?”

 

Luhan wanted to laugh and roll on the floor(like a buffalo) while laughing. If this girl, Yoo Semi, pisses his friend, then she’ll be in it for tomorrow.

“I didn’t even ask him to come,” Inhye shrugged, then her phone started to ring.

Kai

“Kai?” She answered while looking at Semi.

“Doc, hi, I’m actually at the hospital, at abeoji’s room can yo~”

Semi yanked the phone from her and tossed it to the floor.

“I was talking to you, you lowlife!”

Inhye smiled.

“Well, I wasn’t, see…you…..tomorrow.” Inhye nodded before leaving.

 

 

“That happened?” Khun guffawed.

Luhan nodded along while smiling, he was already at the Chois’ residence, he stole a glance at Semi who was smiling while Mrs. Choi spoke to her.

Siwon was with them, playing with the house pets.

“Aunt,” Khun stood up to greet as Kai and his mother stepped through the sliding doors. They were at the garden, having coffee and tea.

“I think you’ve met, Kai, this is Luhan, he works with Inhye at the hospital, Luhan~”

“I know her hyung, Mister Kim’s getting well, don’t worry.” Luhan nodded and shook Kai’s hand. Kai’s brows rose briefly as he remembered Luhan but he smiled back.

“Ah, right, congratulations, Siwon-ah.” Mrs. Kim gave him a hug. Siwon just smiled without saying anything.

Khun looked away and sighed, Zeus, Siwon’s Alaskan malamute and his very own Doberman, Milo bolted and ran around the house and to the front gate.

“I’ll go see them, hyung.” Kai grinned good naturedly before following the dogs.

 

Inhye smiled to herself as she went down from the Range Rover, then she opened the back doors and let Coco and Snow down.

Kai paused from afar, apparently Inhye had thought to bring her dogs over, somehow he had a feeling about that.

“Kai, hey.” She smiled at him.

“Late?” He asked before Inhye patted Zeus and Milo as the four dogs followed her.

“What do you think she’ll do when she sees me?”

 

 

“First, why don’t you run up to your oppa and give him a hug? Leap in his arms while you’re at it.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++