35

What Matters

Kai looked up as Inhye entered the room.

“You’re on duty now?” He asked and sat up.

“My shift just ended, how are you feeling?”

“Luhan said I’d be released tomorrow. About the cast..” Kai’s face scrunched as he eyed his arm, Inhye chuckled.

“You need two weeks for that to heal, so take that time to rest. Don’t work.”

“I don’t~”

“I got the medical certificate from Luhan, don’t argue with me.” She mused before sitting beside him. Kai grinned and poked her cheek.

“Then tomorrow, how about dinner?” Kai asked.

Inhye smiled.

“That sounds nice.”

“But…your..oppas, do they know?”

“What? How worried I was when you got in an accident?” She replied dryly, Kai smiled.

“About us.”

Inhye’s brows rose up.

“They aren’t really the protective types, I mean..they’re okay with you.”

Kai smiled before kissing her forehead.

“Then that means I’ll have to meet haraboji and aunt next.”

Inhye winced.

“I don’t think~”

“I don’t want to disrespect them, I’d like for us to be..official.”

“Just by entering this room without a lab gown is us being official. People are talking about us.”

“Still, it’s not official enough.” Kai replied, then he looked up.

“About…Heekyung..”

“I took care of it, I think she left already.”

“So, that was true? What Luhan said.”

“What did he say?” Inhye sighed.

“You’re scary when you use your chaebol ddal(daughter) side.” Kai grinned, Inhye just shrugged then gently she leaned her forehead against his right shoulder, Kai smiled softly.

“Tired?”

“Yeah, I had six hour surgery last night.” Her voice came muffled, Kai just smiled and kissed the side of her head.

“Then, can you take two weeks just like me?” He asked, Inhye chuckled before sitting up, then Kai leaned down to give her a quick peck.

She blinked.

Before Inhye could speak, the doors opened, Jangmi stepped in the room.

“It’s visiting hours, right?” She asked airily, Inhye almost smiled but she stood up.

“I think so?” She mused before getting her purse, Kai looked up.

“Are you leaving? Where are you going?” He asked, Jangmi paused and eyed the other girl.

“Oppa, I brought fruits, do you want some?” She smiled, Inhye glanced at her.

Jangmi sat beside Kai and offered the platter of fruits to him.

“I need to shower, and walk the dogs. Would you like me to walk yours? Ryder must feel bored.” Inhye walked to him, Kai grabbed her by the waist gently, Jangmi’s eyes widened.

“Yes, please.” Kai smiled before giving her hand a squeeze and letting go.

 

 

“People are talking, its quite amusing.” Khun said to his sister, he was holding onto Coco while Inhye walked with Snow and Ryder.

“About what, oppa?”

“You and Kai, how did the president of KimSan manage to attain the unattainable genius JeGuk daughter.”

“The flattery.” Inhye murmured, Khun grinned.

“Kai called me earlier.”

“Really? Why? I just saw him.”

“He wants to dine with haraboji tomorrow, with eomma too.”

Inhye halted.

“What?!”

“There’s nothing wrong about that, he’s just being cautious. Which is very nice of him.”

“Haraboji will tease me to death.” Inhye frowned.

“Not just him, you have me and Siwon hyung.”

Inhye just winced.

 

“I like him, Inhye. I trust Kim Jongin, he can take care of you.” Khun smiled and rubbed her hair.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++