3

What Matters

 

“What do you mean you can’t perform the surgery right away?!” Kai tensed, his mother was seated behind him, crying.

“Right now because of the sudden accident at Seokcho, most of our surgeons were sent at the area.”

“What?” Kai looked away, he felt anger at the same worry eat him.

“My father has heart problems, if you don’t operate on him right now~”

Then one of the doctors came rushing to the one he was speaking to.

“Doctor, Doctor Lee’s on call, I’ll try to contact her.”

 

“Oh,” Inhye spun around with a smile on her face, her eyes narrowing at her older brother. Khun chuckled lowly before stepping away from her.

Siwon smiled widely as his sister walked to him, the girl looked up.

Inhye was dressed simply, jeans and a chambray shirt with her trusty sneakers, the girl snorted at her. Inhye sighed warily and put her Hermes purse in front of her.

“Oppa, sorry to keep you waiting, I was busy.” She said airily, the girl across her brother looked away.

“I’m really sorry, Song Yi-ssi, I need to go.” Siwon gave her a polite bow before grasping Inhye’s hand and then they left.

 

Khun was laughing to himself as they stepped out of the lobby, Inhye was grumbling as she yanked her hand from Siwon.

“You guys ask me out to lunch then you use me? Why are you laughing?” She glared at the second eldest.

“Sorry, baby, but you should have seen your face!”

Siwon smiled and patted her cheek lovingly.

“What do you want to eat?”

Inhye was about to reply when her phone rang, her brows furrowed as she looked at the screen.

“I’m needed at the hospital, oppa.”

 

 

Inhye dashed in the OR, now dressed in her cerulean colored scrubs, she rushed to the washing area and opened a Betadine sponge and cleaned her hands.

“What’s his condition?” She asked as she stepped in the room, she recognized Luhan and gave him a nod.

“A mild occurred, we need to perform a carotid endarterectomy, doctor Lee, you can assist us through out the surgery.” The head surgeon said to her.

“Yes, let’s start, sunbae.”

She glanced and saw her professors and possibly the family of the patient at the viewing room, then with a polite nod she asked for the scalpel.

 

Kai had persuaded his mother to go home and rest, he was the one watching as his father was at the OR.

He glanced up as a familiar male stepped in the room.

“Hyung.” He said, Siwon smiled and patted his shoulder.

“I heard from haraboji, is uncle okay?”

Kai nodded.

“But when did you get back?”

“Last week, hyung, thanks for coming.” Kai replied, remembering how both of their families used to gather and he would play with Siwon and Khun.

“But hyung, I thought it would be only family allowed here..” Kai trailed off, he glanced at the doctors around him.

“I know one of the surgeons operating, relax, they’re the best here.”

 

“Thankfully, we managed to correct the blocked artery on time, thank you for joining us Doctor Xi and Doctor Lee.”

“Thank you for asking us to join you, Professor Min.”

“Then, I’ll leave you to finish this up.”

Inhye nodded as Luhan joined doctor Min on his way out.

 

Luhan grinned as Inhye joined him at the nurses’ station, she was now clad in her jeans and lab gown.

“This is Mr. Kim, he’s the son of Mr. Kim Jongpil.”

Inhye nodded and smiled politely.

“Yes, your father’s vitals are okay as of now, he is responding very well with operation.” She said.

Kai nodded, then he studied her face. She looked too young to be a surgeon.

“Thank you, doctor.”

Inhye nodded, then she looked up. She sighed.

“Choi Siwon.” She said bluntly, Kai blinked.

“Aigoo, our baby did well.” Siwon squeezed her cheeks.

Kai’ brows went up.

“Then, I’ll be going to his room.” Kai said before stepping away, wondering as to why someone had adressed Siwon casually.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++