36

What Matters

“Hmm, I don’t think so.” Luhan said.

“It’s just another eight hour operation, I can do it.”

“Inhye, when was that last time you had an eight hour sleep?”

Inhye’s brows furrowed, she crossed her arms.

“After Kai was released…I think.”

“A week ago.” Luhan sighed at her before sitting down.

“But, I’m fine.”

“You have eye bags that would embarrass my backpack’s capacity.”

Inhye threw a pen at him.

“Go home an rest.”

“He’s right, listen to him.” Kai appeared by the doorway, casually strolling in.

Luhan nodded.

“Since your shift’s over, how about,” Kai helped her out of the lab gown.

“,we go out and grab something to eat?”

“But~”

“It’s fine, Inhye. I’ll have doctor Shin take over. Relax.” Luhan grinned before Kai pulled her out of the room.

 

“You’re being quiet, what’s wrong? Is it work?” Inhye asked as they stepped out of the hospital.

“No, how can you still function normally when you lack sleep?” Kai took her hand.

“I’m used to it.”

“I don’t like it.”

“It’s a part of my job.” She nodded, Kai made a face.

“I know being a genius doctor is quite attractive, but….I don’t like this part.” Kai shook his head.

“Attractive?” Inhye chuckled.

“It’s hot.”

“Uhmm, ew?”

“I’m no ert, doc.” Kai poked her cheek playfully.

“I just..don’t want you tired.” He finished, Inhye smiled before standing on her toes to kiss his cheek.

“I know, thanks, Kim Jongin.”

“So, does that mean you’re going to take the CEO chaebol daughter position now?” He grinned.

“Nope.” Inhye shook her head, Kai smiled.

“Does that matter? I mean, should I..” Inhye trailed off.

“I think the clothes would match you.” Kai shook his head.

“Cut it out, Kai.” Inhye sighed.

“I was just kidding, you’re a good doctor, it makes you happy, it’s the only thing that matters.” He mused before kissing the side of her head and opening the car’s door for her.

 

 

 

Siwon’s  brows rose in amusement as Inhye scrunched her nose across him. Haraboji was laughing as he talked with Kai over the meal.

“See, it’s fine.” Khun nudged Inhye.

“Wait, till haraboji laughs at me.” She looked around her, her mother was smiling happily as she joined the two’s conversation. Kai was comfortable with everyone and it made her feel giddy inside.

“So, our young doctor,” The elder turned to his granddaughter.

“Waeyo, haraboji?” Inhye murmured, Kai grinned across her.

“At least you brought a good man home, I’m proud. But…are you blushing?”

Inhye groaned, Siwon chuckled.

“Aigoo, our Inhye’s blushing!”

 

Inhye set her cup down on the marble railings, she was at the veranda, enjoying her tea.

She heard the doors open and close behind her.

“That..wasn’t so bad.” A deep voice murmured from behind her.

“Oh, really?” Inhye said dryly, Kai smiled and pushed himself up on the railings. Inhye looked up.

“One of the articles said that I was dating one of the Seoul’s most sought after ladies.”

“I heard.” She smiled at him, Kai reached for her hands and laced their fingers together.

“And I happen just to work at a hospital owned by a certain man who’s currently in my house, meeting my family.” She mused before Kai leaned down to kiss her.

“I heard that too.” He smiled before kissing her again.

 

“I love you, doc.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

END! (3/11/14)

 

thanks everyone! I really had fun finishing this one :>

 

bluestone1317.tumbr.com

 

this is my ongoing fic as of the moment >>> MADE IN THE USA

 

see you there!!

 

tumblr_inline_n294zr4UhG1r8x9ve.gif