27

What Matters

 

 

Inhye leaned on the seat and sighed.

“You sure you want to go home?” Daehyun murmured as he eased to a slower speed, they just arrived the city.

“Yes.”

“What about your brothers?”

“I don’t want to deal with anything yet.” She bit her lip, thinking about Kai.

“This is impossible.” Daehyun nodded.

“I never thought it would happen to me.”

 

Siwon’s brows met as he entered Inhye’s suite, it was empty.

“She left hyung, but her car’s still there.” Khun said as entered the room.

“Kai?”

“I tried calling him, but he wont pick up. But the staff he’s here.”

“This is weird, she didn’t even call Luhan, how did she leave so fast?”

 

Kai eyed the glass of amber colored liquid before him before tilting it slowly.

His brows furrowed deeply before putting the glass down, then he felt someone join beside him.

“Not exactly what I would do at a beach resort.” Khun said to him while gesturing to the bartender.

“Sorry hyung, I didn’t get to attend the dinner.”

Khun shook his head and leaned on his elbows.

“Have you seen my sister?” He asked carefully, Kai just shook his head.

“Ever since~”

“I haven’t seen her, the whole afternoon.” Kai nodded.

“She…left, all of her things are gone. Just her car.”

Kai didn’t reply instead he just picked up his glass.

“I don’t how to say this…but~”

“Hyung, I need to go, good night.” Kai slid down from the stool, he gave Khun a polite nod then he left.

 

It was around three in the afternoon when Inhye finally decided to go out. She was clad in a pair of gray sweats and a loose shirt. She picked up Snow and Coco’s leashes and called to them.

She figured she might as well take use the two-day leave she took from the hospital.

“Let’s go, guys.” She muttered as she opened the door.

 

“You can’t do anything about this, president.” Kang Heekyung replied evenly, the Choi elder’s gaze had turned heavy and menacing. Khun saw how eomma shifted in her seat.

Siwon remain quiet.

“She doesn’t want to this, why force the girl?” Choi Eunhee finally spoke up.

“She’s already a young woman, she’s succeeded enough and she~”

“Our Inhye succeeded without your help, what right do you have over her?” Siwon asked.

Kang Heekyung scoffed.

“You’ve spoiled her too much, but still, tomorrow make sure she appears at the meeting. If not…the whole world know who she really is, and we all know how she hates that.”

 

Inhye sighed as her thoughts went back to Kai.

What happened?

He liked her?

She exhaled lightly as she walked with her dogs.

“So, what’s going to be the menu tonight?” She asked one time while they sat in the park.

Ryder and Coco were with them, sniffing around the area.

“Bibimbap, street bibimbap.” Kai grinned at her.

Inhye noticed the earphone plugged on his ears, Kai grinned and took one off and pressed it to her ear.

tumblr_mwab1bKeWn1rku2fxo3_r1_500.gif

“Will the food be clean?” Inhye grinned before slightly pushing him away, Kai chuckled and poked her cheek before leaning back.

“It will be, doc. Come on, we’re taking the bus tonight.”

“Really?” Inhye grinned, Kai sent her a dry look before glancing at their pets.

“Two Rottweiler pups in a public vehicle. Wee.”

“Ya!”

Kai grinned before wrapping one arm around her neck and pulling her with him.

“Street food we go!”

Inhye smiled to herself before glancing up, she noticed the familiar silver Ferrari pull over the building’s curb.

She saw Kai slid down from the driver’s seat. There was something wrong, his expression was unreadable as he walked to the entrance without even turning back at her.

What was she going to say to him?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++